Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video Of Mike Williams Arrest Released « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: January 15, 2011, 08:57:07 AM

In the video the officer say's he was pulled over for weaving and traveling at a high rate of speed

http://www2.tbo.com/video/2011/jan/14/mike-williams-arrest-video-39094/video-sports/

I did not see the weaving, and then the cops tells him he was going 67 mph, if I am not mistake isn't it 65 mph on the road he was traveling? If 2 mph over the speed limti is traveling at a high rate of speed then we might all be pulled over..
: January 15, 2011, 09:00:14 AM yuccaneers

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 15, 2011, 09:07:07 AM

Yucc, the last MPH sign I saw in the video was 50 MPH, at about the 47 second mark in the video.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 15, 2011, 09:16:29 AM

Well, I'm no cop, but after watching that video there was no reason to arrest him.  Speeding ticket? Maybe.  Arrest?  No way.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 15, 2011, 09:18:53 AM

Biggs - Will have to re-watch the video, but it was either 67 0r 47 the the cop said.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 15, 2011, 09:25:04 AM

There's no 65mph speed limit on that stretch of 301....but that's probably average during the daylight hrs. Drive that fast after midnight and you're asking for trouble.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 15, 2011, 09:32:43 AM

Well, I'm no cop, but after watching that video there was no reason to arrest him.  Speeding ticket? Maybe.  Arrest?  No way.
Speeding ticket - perhaps, illegal lane change to get to the exit - possibly - the rest - well it doesn't speak well for the HCSO. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 15, 2011, 09:36:30 AM

Speeding ticket - perhaps, illegal lane change to get to the exit - possibly - the rest - well it doesn't speak well for the HCSO.

Agreed.

One more thing - I can't say how impressed I was with how MW handled himself during his "arrest" and afterward.  Classy all the way.  It would have been very easy for him to flip out in that situation, but he didn't.  Very proud of the youngin', and hopefully he learns his "curfew" lesson.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 15, 2011, 09:46:52 AM

Agree with that as well Biggs.  The curfew lesson is a valuable one - but his was a hard way to receive the education. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuccaNova

Starter
#8 : January 15, 2011, 10:10:33 AM

In dc we can't have our windows deeply tinted, but the driver can be. The reverse seems to be true in Florida.  Boy, he was really drunk and disorderly here, wasn't he? What, exactly, is the law enforcement point of this?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 15, 2011, 11:10:01 AM

In dc we can't have our windows deeply tinted, but the driver can be. The reverse seems to be true in Florida.  Boy, he was really drunk and disorderly here, wasn't he? What, exactly, is the law enforcement point of this?

Just a friendly poke to let you know they are watching.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 15, 2011, 11:38:10 AM

Okay this disgusts me.  If this is what failing a sobriety test looks like then there are very few people in this world that can pass it. As far as I could tell Williams completed those tests in a textbook manner.

This deputy and HC sheriff needs to be questioned about this. Not only an incredible waste of taxpayer money but more importantly playing games w/ a young man's life. This is the type of stuff that has caused cops to get the reputation that they have.

Apparently the cop had made up his mind that Williams was going to jail regardless of anything. Someone on another website said it best. "Give a man a hammer an everything becomes a nail" This cop looks like he is trying to justify his own existence at the expense of another man's freedom and potentially ruining William's life in the processes.

I am not a big fan of cops. I don't deny i have a bias. But someone tell me how this cop is justified in arresting this man for failing a field sobriety test...

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 15, 2011, 11:43:02 AM

There really is no justifying it. At worst he should have gotten a ticket.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : January 15, 2011, 11:43:17 AM

There are a lot of of DUIs out there - especially in FLA.

IF a small percentage of drivers are taken in under sus-picion in order to clean up the roads of all the DUIs, I'm all for it.

MW will get over it and he'll probably learn a big lesson, as will the rest of the Bucs.

The whole incident is a blessing in disguise.

Get over it.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 15, 2011, 11:49:17 AM

"Get over it", how would you feel if you were unjustly arrested and now everyone you know can find that embarrassing mugshot on the Internet whenever they please? Unless you have your mugshot on HCSO, you probably can't answer this truthfully.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : January 15, 2011, 11:54:20 AM

The likelihood that I ever need a mugshot is very low, but  the likelihood that I or a family member get killed by a DUI here in Tampa is very high.  The problem is epic - the news if filled with innocent people getting killed by DUIs.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video Of Mike Williams Arrest Released « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools