Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video Of Mike Williams Arrest Released « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : January 15, 2011, 01:00:58 PM

Williams was clearly not drunk.

Curiously he told the police officer that he hadn't had anything to drink but his BAT was 0.06+, 0.02 under the limit. That in itself might be room for sus-piscion.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 15, 2011, 01:06:06 PM

Mike Williams' attorney: Client 'had nothing to hide'

Source:   Holder

Since his arrest in November, Mike Williams has remained confident the case would result in his exoneration, his attorney said.

"He was very upset that he was arrested and it really hurt him, but he is thankful (for the outcome)," attorney Andrew Shein said. "He had nothing to hide and he was not worried when the State of Florida was taking his urine because he knew there was nothing in there illegal. He had nothing to worry about."

Williams was arrested largely on the basis of his driving and the field sobriety test administered at the scene (blood-alcohol tests in Hillsborough County are done after the arrest), but Shein contends the field test -- of which there is video -- was not indicative of anything.

"Mike Williams was not impaired that evening and the videotape confirms that," Shein said. "That's what we always maintained. The State Attorney's office reviewed all the evidence in this case and they came to the same conclusion."

Williams won't face charges, but this all took a bit of an emotional toll, Shein said, considering the questions about his history at Syracuse and his attempt to walk a straight-and-narrow path since being drafted.

"He was obviously very upset at the fact he was arrested because he had come to the Bucs and was having a great year and working real hard and didn't want anything to detract from the team because of team goals and also for himself," Shein said. "It really hurt him. But he was confident from the beginning that all the facts would come out and he thanks the Bucs organization, teammates and fans who all stood by him during this incident. He was just glad that it was able to be resolved quickly."

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 15, 2011, 01:16:13 PM

Get over it.

Interesting response..... was told the same when involved in a similar situation. I wasn't arrested....but was asked "who's car are you driving?", was ticketed for wreckless driving even though i was driving 40mph 2 blocks after leaving my then g/f's house. Took it to court... and lost.

Young man, nice car, bling-bling....... just sayin'.

So MW's arresting officer was racially motivated?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 15, 2011, 01:17:31 PM

The likelihood that I ever need a mugshot is very low, but  the likelihood that I or a family member get killed by a DUI here in Tampa is very high.  The problem is epic - the news if filled with innocent people getting killed by DUIs.

"Get over it"

- see, it works both ways and in this case neither makes sense.

Get over what? That thousands of innocent people get killed each year by DUIs?

My final response to you in this thread.
I can now see why you get treated like the village idiot on this forum.

Ha!  It doesn't take long, does it?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 15, 2011, 01:46:35 PM

+1

You're usually Mr. Board Police and telling everybody to play nice. And now you support name calling?

Make up your mind and stop trying to tell others how to post.

Williams lied to the police when asked if he had anything to drink. But his clearly passed the field sobriety tests. Officer should be reprimanded, IMO.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 15, 2011, 02:01:26 PM

+1

You're usually Mr. Board Police and telling everybody to play nice. And now you support name calling?

Williams lied to the police when asked if he had anything to drink. But his clearly passed the field sobriety tests. Officer should be reprimanded, IMO.

Nice try.
But I called no one anything. Morgan is treated that way and now I can see why. But I did not call him a name. Read it again.
I stated it the way i did making sure I did not call him a name. Look before you leap.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 15, 2011, 02:03:30 PM

+1

I believe ufo is addressing his comment to me durango.  UFO - as you are personally aware, from time to time I will address an a-hole or one who I think is an idiot. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 15, 2011, 02:04:27 PM

To be clear UFOJoe you are the one doing the name calling "Mr Board Police" sound familiar?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#38 : January 15, 2011, 02:36:29 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what he got arrested for after watching that video.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

C2asante

Starter

#39 : January 15, 2011, 03:00:15 PM

Get over it.

Interesting response..... was told the same when involved in a similar situation. I wasn't arrested....but was asked "who's car are you driving?", was ticketed for wreckless driving even though i was driving 40mph 2 blocks after leaving my then g/f's house. Took it to court... and lost.

Young man, nice car, bling-bling....... just sayin'.

Are you?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 15, 2011, 03:06:58 PM

After pulling the race card right out of the gate, I know it shocked the resident race-baiter to find out that the arresting officer was black.

Do the police ever stop Rays or Lightening players?  Do they not drink?  We can all dance around the truth all we want but even if you dont know why he was stopped I assure you many Bucs players have experienced a DWB stop before and understand all too well what happened.

Sadly I am not surprised you respond with a racial insult Officer.  You know nothing about me but you make assumptions just like you and your brothers in blue do all the time.  Your response is quite telling.

Do me a fact and take your white hood off.  Pretty easy to show courage when you are behind a keyboard or a badge huh?

Ooops.

C2asante

Starter

#41 : January 15, 2011, 03:16:00 PM

After pulling the race card right out of the gate, I know it shocked the resident race-baiter to find out that the arresting officer was black.

Do the police ever stop Rays or Lightening players?  Do they not drink?  We can all dance around the truth all we want but even if you dont know why he was stopped I assure you many Bucs players have experienced a DWB stop before and understand all too well what happened.

Sadly I am not surprised you respond with a racial insult Officer.  You know nothing about me but you make assumptions just like you and your brothers in blue do all the time.  Your response is quite telling.

Do me a fact and take your white hood off.  Pretty easy to show courage when you are behind a keyboard or a badge huh?

Ooops.

How bout you and your kind do this for the resident race baiter: KMMFBA, TESAD

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 15, 2011, 03:20:30 PM

Stay classy, Rev. Al.  Better luck next time.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 15, 2011, 03:29:31 PM

+1

Nice try.
But I called no one anything. Morgan is treated that way and now I can see why. But I did not call him a name. Read it again.
I stated it the way i did making sure I did not call him a name. Look before you leap.

Face it, you name called. Semantics aside. But as Dbuc stated, I was referring to his posts and I really don't care what names you use.

I name call, too. I have no problem calling Cyber or Java a moron, idiot and jackass. Sometimes, those words just fit perfectly as Dbuc can attest. And that's not a sarcastic shot at you, Dave.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 15, 2011, 03:31:33 PM

Can't answer that.... as I wasn't there but having experienced it first hand, I can assure you that it happens. For what other reason should an officer ask me "are you toting crack?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video Of Mike Williams Arrest Released « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools