Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 20th pick will be... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

: January 15, 2011, 11:27:02 AM

Adrian Clayborn!! It will happen people this guy is the best complete end of the whole draft. I haven't seen a college DE use his hands the way Clayborn does in a while.He will be a monster passrusher with McCoy in the middle. 2010 was a down year for him but after that 2009 perfomance you know every team would be after him lowering his stats but making others around him look good. How many times have you yelled at TB DE's for not being able to penetrate and get TFL? a lot most likely, with this guy we won't have to worry about that. There is no doubt in my mind that if TB drafts this guy he would bring a much needed nasty attitude on the Dline. Don't give me the" he has Erb's Palsy" line because the guy overcame that and is no longer affected by it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 15, 2011, 11:34:35 AM

After grabbing Ray Edwards, Marcus Benard, and Justin Durant in free agency, we'll take Kerrigan or Watt in the first round.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 15, 2011, 11:46:33 AM

I just don't think Watt or Kerrigan make it close to 20.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 15, 2011, 11:51:14 AM

Clayborn dropped off from 63 tackles and 11 sacks to 52 tackles and only FOUR sacks this year.
For the love of God, no. No way do I want to draft him.
Monster pass rushers don't get four sacks over a full season. Wishing and hoping doesn't equal production.
Sorry, I humbly disagree with the author of this thread. Gimme Kerrigan or Quinn in a trade-up. No Clayborn, no Heyward, no Jordan. Bailey or Watt would be OK and Miller I could see. But excuses=-bust.

In Verner We Trust

diehardbuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 15, 2011, 11:51:52 AM

Bucs trade up to #12 and take Robert Quinn.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 15, 2011, 11:53:02 AM

Kerrigan won't make it past Jacksonville

-ts

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 15, 2011, 12:05:31 PM

I would take Clayborn over Watt.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 15, 2011, 12:11:32 PM

I don't think they move up to get Quinn, but I think they may move up to nab Kerrigan if he is still around in the mid teens.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 15, 2011, 12:12:43 PM

I don't think they move up to get Quinn, but I think they may move up to nab Kerrigan if he is still around in the mid teens.
Reading a PR article, I disagree.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 15, 2011, 12:38:31 PM

I'm no scouting expert but after hearing Mark Dominik say the Bucs are more interested in judging players from game film, than from workout or 40 times, I'm thinking they may be in the market to draft a player like Clayborn, Watt or Cameron Heyward from Ohio State.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 15, 2011, 12:45:12 PM

J.J Watt will not be a Buccaneer. lmao

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 15, 2011, 12:58:08 PM

Clayborn dropped off from 63 tackles and 11 sacks to 52 tackles and only FOUR sacks this year.
For the love of God, no. No way do I want to draft him.
Monster pass rushers don't get four sacks over a full season. Wishing and hoping doesn't equal production.
Sorry, I humbly disagree with the author of this thread. Gimme Kerrigan or Quinn in a trade-up. No Clayborn, no Heyward, no Jordan. Bailey or Watt would be OK and Miller I could see. But excuses=-bust.

Won't have a chance on Kerrigan He had 2 double digit sack seasons, I got to see him play a lot being a big 10 fan and Ohio State fan. The guy is a monster product he will be a top 10 pick.  Quinn is a freak he will also be a top 10 pick. Clayborn was the lone star on that Dline everybody else...average.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 15, 2011, 02:18:01 PM

Honestly,
I don't think Clayborn is our guy.
I think our guys have to be Quinn, Smith, and Kerrigan.
If Quinn was to fall to 12 I wouldn't be surrpised if we traded up to get him at all.
If not and we stay at 20 and Smith and Kerrigan are there, i'd prefer Smith just because I think he'll have a better career than Kerrigan but that's just me, but I doubt Kerrigan is there.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 15, 2011, 02:28:27 PM

Honestly,
I don't think Clayborn is our guy.
I think our guys have to be Quinn, Smith, and Kerrigan.
If Quinn was to fall to 12 I wouldn't be surrpised if we traded up to get him at all.
If not and we stay at 20 and Smith and Kerrigan are there, i'd prefer Smith just because I think he'll have a better career than Kerrigan but that's just me, but I doubt Kerrigan is there.

Why not though? He can hold the point, create double teams for the other new DE. Stylez might be brought back in a backup role and he is good when used as a situational player. Clayborn is a monster against the run. Strong hands and power will help him at the next level. He chased down pryor. Clayborn is everything TB could want on Dline to pair with what we have at DT.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 15, 2011, 02:29:27 PM

Clayborn is a guy that wont be the Simeon Rice elite pass rushing type of Buc.  However, he is a guy that can be very stout against the run and penetrate the LOS and allow others to make plays. I am starting to think that the only way we get a elite pass rushing DE best suited for the 4-3, we need to hope that Quinn falls a little and then trade up to get him
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 20th pick will be... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools