Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 20th pick will be... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 15, 2011, 02:40:03 PM

Clayborn is a guy that wont be the Simeon Rice elite pass rushing type of Buc.  However, he is a guy that can be very stout against the run and penetrate the LOS and allow others to make plays. I am starting to think that the only way we get a elite pass rushing DE best suited for the 4-3, we need to hope that Quinn falls a little and then trade up to get him

But we all know he won't because he is a top 10 talent. Clayborn is the reality guy. The other guy could be Greg Remeus.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 15, 2011, 02:43:36 PM

Honestly,
I don't think Clayborn is our guy.
I think our guys have to be Quinn, Smith, and Kerrigan.
If Quinn was to fall to 12 I wouldn't be surrpised if we traded up to get him at all.
If not and we stay at 20 and Smith and Kerrigan are there, i'd prefer Smith just because I think he'll have a better career than Kerrigan but that's just me, but I doubt Kerrigan is there.

Why not though? He can hold the point, create double teams for the other new DE. Stylez might be brought back in a backup role and he is good when used as a situational player. Clayborn is a monster against the run. Strong hands and power will help him at the next level. He chased down pryor. Clayborn is everything TB could want on Dline to pair with what we have at DT.
As of right now i'm not convinced on him after his fall off year.
I'd rather have Smith, maybe Clayborn will prove me wrong with a fast 40 and good drills at the combine, but until then i'm not sold.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 15, 2011, 02:58:24 PM

Clayborn is a fat ash run stopper. Waste of a first round pick.

tbb345

Starter
#18 : January 15, 2011, 11:15:03 PM

If we stay at 20, as of now, I think the pick is Justin Houston.
IMO, the big board for the Bucs is
1. Robert Quinn
2. Ryan Kerrigan
3. Aldon Smith
4. Justin Houston
5. Adrian Clayborn
If Quinn lasts until the 12th pick, you have to trade up to get him. Dude is an animal pass rusher

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 16, 2011, 12:16:39 AM

Trading up from 20 to 12 would cost us about a second and a fourth. That's a steep price.
Moving up to 15, however, would cost us only a third and fourth. Trade JJ for a fourth and bump Carpenter up to second string and you replenish that pick. I would do that.
Edwards, Greenway (FA), Kerrigan on the move up, Oline with second-round pick. At that point we'd be pretty nasty.

In Verner We Trust

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 16, 2011, 01:03:17 AM

Our oline ranking in the first round is going to go something like this
1. Bowers
2. Quinn
3. Kerrigan
4. Smith
5. Clayborn
6. Bailey

McCoy93

Starter

#21 : January 16, 2011, 01:10:58 AM

the only problem i have quinn is he sat out for a year. plus has he declared yet?

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 16, 2011, 01:16:52 AM

Originally Posted by herkyhawkeye http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2479929#post2479929
"Clayborn if he wants to work hard and get back in the right state of mind, He will be a stud for some team. This year he wasnt. He gained weight, Became full of himself, and was out of shape for much of the season. He gave up on plays multiple times a game and is a very poor tackler. Very risky prospect because the guy has it but you dont know if he will revert back to his Junior season form. Bigtime hit or miss NFL prospect."

I saw the same thing and only watched his bowl game. lol

The quest for .500 begins...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 16, 2011, 02:12:26 AM

oops
: January 16, 2011, 02:14:23 AM JDouble

tbb345

Starter
#24 : January 16, 2011, 03:16:16 AM

I don't agree with the sentiment above at all. Clayborn didnt give up on a bunch of plays, he is just an LDE who got double teamed. I think Clayborn is a great player at the LE position, however the Bucs need an RDEQ

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 16, 2011, 06:31:17 AM

Adrian Clayborn!! It will happen people this guy is the best complete end of the whole draft.

why will the best complete end fall behind other DE's all the way to 20?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TB5219

Starter
#26 : January 16, 2011, 08:38:55 AM

I don't agree with the sentiment above at all. Clayborn didnt give up on a bunch of plays, he is just an LDE who got double teamed. I think Clayborn is a great player at the LE position, however the Bucs need an RDEQ

Exactly, he's suited to play on the left! PR has him as our pick a 20. If that happens, I see a repeat of last year's draft plan, take a RDE in round 2...Jeremy Beal anyone? He already knows how to play next to a few other guys from  OKC.

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

DaRealdeal

Rookie
#27 : January 16, 2011, 09:12:52 AM

We have too many stat sheet scouts making judgements based on his stats for this season. Watch his game. Watch how he uses his hands. Watch how he holds the point. Watch how he overpowers OTs. His game translates very well.

He's the 2nd best DE in this class.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 16, 2011, 09:38:21 AM

I think he has great hands and a lot of upside. I just think he is better suited to put on another 10-15 lbs and be a DT.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 16, 2011, 11:00:52 AM

Originally Posted by herkyhawkeye http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2479929#post2479929
"Clayborn if he wants to work hard and get back in the right state of mind, He will be a stud for some team. This year he wasnt. He gained weight, Became full of himself, and was out of shape for much of the season. He gave up on plays multiple times a game and is a very poor tackler. Very risky prospect because the guy has it but you dont know if he will revert back to his Junior season form. Bigtime hit or miss NFL prospect."

I saw the same thing and only watched his bowl game. lol

Clayborn was the same player just got a lot more attention after having a breakout year. Let me know what other Talent was on the Dline with him, with Morris as his coach dedication won't be a problem. I'm pretty sure clayborn will be one of the best rookie DE's next year write it down. Before I clicked on the link I thought it was something officially said about him not a fans say.
: January 16, 2011, 11:03:01 AM PassThePigSkin
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 20th pick will be... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools