Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They are who I thought they were... and we let em off the hook, TWICE!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#105 : January 16, 2011, 08:21:44 PM

Stopping would be a good move cyberdude588

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Garv

Hall of Famer
#106 : January 16, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

The "dude" prides himself in being a jerk. Good for him, he's certainly proved his point.

What a drag.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#107 : January 17, 2011, 09:21:56 AM

Ok lets rehash a little. Gruden and Allen sure did botch up the 2004 and 2005 offseasons. First lets assume that Gruden didn't really like Simms because it wasn't his pick and Simms was all the things Gannon wasn't which was the comparison for Gruden QB's at the time.

First, after the 2003 season, Gruden dumped Sapp and Lynch who still had pro bowl years left. The Bucs desperately needed a RB because Pittman was not getting it done and Alstott was not a Gruden guy. So Gruden and Allen go out and get 33 year old Charlie Garner to be the RB of the future. The Bucs who also needed WR help because of the unfulfilled promises Gruden made to McCardell then reach for a WR Clayton when the Best RB in the draft was on the board Steven Jackson who lived up to the potential in **CENSORED**ty St Louis.

So Gruden coming off a 7-9 season and the team needing a rebuild opts to go with 33 year old RB with bad knees on a 6 year contact folks. Thats right 6 years. If they had some patience they could have took Jackson in 2004, drafted another WR that draft or through FA.
Then in 2005 Rodgers is there but the Bucs decide to stick with Griese and SImms?????  Gruden's love affair with crusty vets caused him to have to pick the 3rd best RB at the #5 Hole to try to make up for this retarded decision to sign Garner!!! Still SMH. This screwed up the natural progression of this franchise and set the Bucs back for years until the Owners pulled the plug on Gruden and his inability to put together a roster capable of challenging for the Super Bowl.
: January 17, 2011, 09:24:25 AM PWNASAURUS

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 18, 2011, 11:56:53 AM

For the people who think the only reason Rodgers turned out to be good was sitting for 3 years and he wouldn't have turned out as good in Tampa.

Quote from: Andrew Brandt
Packer management saw enough in Aaron to be comfortable moving him into the role of starter.  From the moment he arrived, he was popular with the players and staff.  He showed off-the-charts intelligence, a wry sense of humor and an aptitude to not take the all-consuming nature of football too seriously, a trait that would serve him well in 2008. The best way to describe him may be simply "northern California cool."

On the field, I am not a scout but it was easy to notice arm strength, easy progression reads, accuracy, mobility, calm, etc.  On the first practice of his first minicamp practice in 2005, Aaron easily moved away from pressure and hit Donald Driver in stride 45 yards downfield.  My eyes caught those of Ted Thompson, who gave as expressive a look as I've seen him give. Aaron was going to be the guy.

Aaron prepared to be the starter over the couple of off seasons where Brett was deciding whether to retire (Brett didn't decide to return until late April in 2006).  We all saw it and liked what we saw.

As I've often said, although I was not there during that ugly divorce with Brett, the decision to move on was less about Brett and more about Aaron.  He'd been in the bullpen for three years and everyone knew he was ready.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Andrews-answers-Tuesdays-mailbag-5325.html

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They are who I thought they were... and we let em off the hook, TWICE!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools