Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charley Casserly on Josh Freeman... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

: January 16, 2011, 12:26:41 AM

Heard this on 620 on my way home from work tonight:

Host: "A lot of people think, if the 2009 draft was done over again, Freeman might go ahead of Stafford and Sanchez."

Casserly: "Josh has trouble going from his first progression to his second and third.  If the draft were done over again, I'd still take Stafford first, Sanchez second, and Freeman third."

What the **CENSORED** does Freeman have to do?  Post a 158.3 passer rating for the season?  Seriously, no one outside of New York would take Sanchez over Freeman.  Josh has him beat in every major category, and he's not throwing to a Pro Bowler, a Super Bowl MVP, and handing the ball off to a Hall of Famer.

Rage.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 16, 2011, 12:28:02 AM

again, what team does Casserly work for?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 16, 2011, 12:29:18 AM

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 16, 2011, 12:30:25 AM

Hm... excellent point.

Bill Belichick had the right idea about Casserly.  He said, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? Wherever he's been, whatever he's done, his percentage is like a meteorologist.  I'll...say, like he usually is, he's 100-percent wrong."

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 16, 2011, 12:35:02 AM

That is a bunch of BS.  If that was true, Free would have a ton of interceptions and a ton of sacks and he has neither.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 16, 2011, 12:39:54 AM

The guy is out of the league for a reason.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 16, 2011, 12:41:01 AM

Casserly is seriously one of the dumbest peoplein football. If he doesn't progress through reads why did he only have 6 picks? Why didn't defenses see this? Why did health have higher ratings in the last games then the beginning when teamshad more tape?  Casseely should be fired from whatever job he has.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 16, 2011, 12:57:35 AM

Heard this on 620 on my way home from work tonight:

Host: "A lot of people think, if the 2009 draft was done over again, Freeman might go ahead of Stafford and Sanchez."

Casserly: "Josh has trouble going from his first progression to his second and third.  If the draft were done over again, I'd still take Stafford first, Sanchez second, and Freeman third."

I'd agree with that statement about Freeman.. The two biggest things he needs to work on is going through his progressions and not staring down receivers and his touch passes short to mid range. But I don't believe for a second if that draft was redone he would be the third quarterback taking. So far he has the best out of all 3 of them.

tbb345

Starter
#8 : January 16, 2011, 03:13:37 AM

Casserly's an idiot. If Freeman absolutely has to work on this coachable things then imagine how much better he can get from his current passer rating in the NFL? (he is currently in 9th) good luck getting hired to  a team with that idiot advice Charley

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 16, 2011, 05:52:36 AM

Hm... excellent point.

Bill Belichick had the right idea about Casserly.  He said, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? Wherever he's been, whatever he's done, his percentage is like a meteorologist.  I'll...say, like he usually is, he's 100-percent wrong."

Yep, grabbing Andre Johnson was a mistake,
Taking Mario Williams over those can't miss super studs.
Who'd you rather have at LBer, Ryans, McIntosh or Jackson?
Who would you have taken over Owen Daniels?

Ok the Freeman comment was dumb but so are the comments about Casserly, how many players look good on an Expansion team?
QBs tend to get battered behind bad lines which leads to them turning gunshy and thus becoming busts like Carr. Plus who else could he seriously have taken #1 overall on a team with a 3-4 D that wouldn't have been a bust, just look at that draft.
Looking back it's all well and good to say that they should have snagged Peppers, Bentley, Bryant, Witherspoon, Westbrook but were they fits and were they proven any more than a Carr?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 16, 2011, 09:29:26 AM

Casserly is the guy who selected Heath Shuler with the no.3 pick when he was G.M. of Washington. ESPN rated Shuler the 4th biggest NFL Draft bust of all time.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 16, 2011, 10:01:27 AM

Casserly's a scout. Scout's look for problems. He's not wrong regarding Freeman's locking onto a receiver at times. With that said...he doesn't allow for what Freeman does well and obviously during this past season what Freeman did well far outweighed what he did wrong. Casserly probably wouldn't take Favre because he forced throws too often.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : January 16, 2011, 10:26:29 AM

He also drafted David Carr 1st overall.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 16, 2011, 11:39:32 AM

Casserly is the guy who selected Heath Shuler with the no.3 pick when he was G.M. of Washington. ESPN rated Shuler the 4th biggest NFL Draft bust of all time.

And as TBT already noted, Casserly did pretty good selecting Johnson, Williams and some other pretty good players.

But I think he's wrong about Free. Take Sanchez over him? LOL. And Stafford gets an incomplete.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 16, 2011, 11:44:26 AM

Casserly's an idiot. If Freeman absolutely has to work on this coachable things then imagine how much better he can get from his current passer rating in the NFL? (he is currently in 9th) good luck getting hired to  a team with that idiot advice Charley
He actually posted the 6th best QB rating over the regular season.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charley Casserly on Josh Freeman... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools