Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud never makes splash plays... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

: January 17, 2011, 01:22:42 PM

Except for all of these...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d6186d/Rudd-forces-a-fumble

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81d393f0/Buccaneers-defense-sack-0-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bc4700/Ruud-INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81c1ef79/Buccaneers-defense-sack-8-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81c4e8c7/Buccaneers-defense-4th-down-failed

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81a7b146/Buccaneers-defense-fumble-recovery

...and that was just the ones I could find video on.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 17, 2011, 01:32:46 PM

please.  this horse is dead.  ruud is a decent player.  he doesnt make mistakes.  he does make a splash play from time to time.  he doesnt lose games.  but he doesnt do anything to win games either.  he's a great fit to cover the deep middle.  but not  (forcibly) stop the run up the middle.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 17, 2011, 01:33:10 PM

WOAH!!! You found 6 plays from the whole year lol thats pretty bad.. The second video Ruud gets lucky and he was almost beat by Hasselback.. Third Video that INT was a gift from Hayes... You notice how Hayes laid a hit on the receiver that Ruud would never do? The 4th video was a complete collaspe by the OL. The 5th video he was left unblocked up the middle. Good job your really proving your case for Ruud.. smh

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 17, 2011, 01:35:26 PM

Squirrels never find nuts.

Oh wait, Even a squirrel finds a nut.......

~That looks like about 20 hours of searching.~
 :D

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 17, 2011, 01:40:13 PM

please.  this horse is dead.  ruud is a decent player.  he doesnt make mistakes.  he does make a splash play from time to time.  he doesnt lose games.  but he doesnt do anything to win games either.  he's a great fit to cover the deep middle.  but not  (forcibly) stop the run up the middle.

This ^^^^^^^^
I think the most interesting thing in the offseason [to me at least] is what they do with Ruud.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 17, 2011, 01:42:53 PM

I'd like to keep Ruud, but I don't know for $5 million +

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : January 17, 2011, 01:44:56 PM

Is it out of your pocket?  Time for the Glazers to spend a little of the team's money to at least get close to the cap.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 17, 2011, 01:46:19 PM

i think keeping ruud at all will hold us back.  time to go fresh imo.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 17, 2011, 01:53:28 PM

WOAH!!! You found 6 plays from the whole year lol thats pretty bad.. The second video Ruud gets lucky and he was almost beat by Hasselback.. Third Video that INT was a gift from Hayes... You notice how Hayes laid a hit on the receiver that Ruud would never do? The 4th video was a complete collaspe by the OL. The 5th video he was left unblocked up the middle. Good job your really proving your case for Ruud.. smh

If plays don't count because a player was helped by their teammates or are unblocked, then take away almost every splash play anybody makes, ever. Lame excuses. Give the guy his deserved credit, hater.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 17, 2011, 01:55:37 PM

Is it out of your pocket?  Time for the Glazers to spend a little of the team's money to at least get close to the cap.

This^^^

We will be something like 40 million+ under the potential cap floor for 2011. The Bucs need to spend some money, and Ruud deserves an extension.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 17, 2011, 02:00:40 PM

The Bucs need to spend some money, and Ruud deserves an extension.

Pt 1 the entire board will agree with you on.  Pt 2...not so much.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 17, 2011, 02:00:57 PM

The problem with this, for me at least, isn't so much that I would object to seeing the team spend $5 million on Ruud next season.  Despite their record, the team has plenty of holes, and I could understand if they wanted to stick with the guy who knew the system while they worked on filling their other holes.  The problem, imo, gets to be with the idea of paying him that $5m for more than a year or two.  I don't consider Ruud to be the terrible waste of space that a lot of people here do, but I DO think the position is a spot where an upgrade is possible.  I'm not sure Ruud would want a stopgap contract, but I wouldn't love the idea of him being locked into the starting spot for any real length of time.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 17, 2011, 02:10:53 PM

The only extension Ruud deserves is Raheem and Marks feet kicking his sorry butt outta here - RUDD SUCKS!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 17, 2011, 02:22:49 PM

The only extension Ruud deserves is Raheem and Marks feet kicking his sorry butt outta here - RUDD SUCKS!!!

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 17, 2011, 02:59:39 PM

If plays don't count because a player was helped by their teammates or are unblocked, then take away almost every splash play anybody makes, ever. Lame excuses. Give the guy his deserved credit, hater.

hahah now this is an excuse.. Splash plays are created by players who are good enough to create nothing into a huge play. Like people have said a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. None of those plays were really impressive at all. The most impressive play in those highlights was from Geno Hayes laying the guy out and knocking the ball loose into Ruuds arm.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud never makes splash plays... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools