Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper has Bucs getting Kerrigan at #20 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 19, 2011, 03:03:36 PM

"He's a guy who comes hard play after play. There is never any letup. He doesn't take any downs off.""

That's the part I really liked to hear the most. There are very few DEs in the league who can get by on technique alone. Most truly successful guys are the ones that just attack relentlessly with speed. Eventually they're going to blow by the lineman they're facing, and even when they don't they generally provide enough pressure to scare the QB as well as other offensive linemen, which in turn should take pressure off of McCoy and others.

This might be a guy we'd have to trade up a few spots for. It was questionable with Freeman and Benn, but I really wouldn't feel safe about Kerrigan dropping to us at 20. I'd definitely try to move up in the 15-18 range if I was Dom and I had my eye on Kerrigan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 19, 2011, 03:05:43 PM

Everyone is right. If Kerrigan is our guy and he is there past 15. I don't want to give up to much because i'd be happy with Clayborne as well at 20 but we need to invest highly in our DE position. I love high energy DEs and that sounds like that is what Kerrigan is.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#17 : January 19, 2011, 03:10:33 PM

Kerrigan = stud
Clayborn = dud

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 19, 2011, 03:47:40 PM

Agreed, ZZ. We'd have to give up a third and a fifth to move up to 15 from 20. If we decide to trade JJ, we could recoup a fourth or fifth. Other options:
Trade down in the second. This could hurt our ability to draft LB, Oline or Safety help, but it could add a third or fourth.
Trade down in the fourth.
Of course if you're looking to trade up to only 16 or 17, you make your life a lot easier. But then again 17 would mean trading with New England and any deal with them won't come cheap.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 19, 2011, 04:16:30 PM

Its really gonna depend on what teams in front of us want. If DE is what other teams want we may miss out. There is also still free agency that changes a lot of things as well as far as teams needs. Should be really interesting how everything shakes out. With that all said, I hope we somehow end up with this guy. I think a high motor guy next to McCoy would do wonders for our defense. If his stock rises and some teams are waiting for him. It may be a good idea to trade up and get him. I think he would be fan favorite as well.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 19, 2011, 05:02:08 PM

Never heard of him, but anything that improves the pass rush I'm all for. Don't really follow college football to closely, just a casual fan of college.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 19, 2011, 05:09:52 PM

God Kerrigan is such a beast. I love his motor and would real ecstatic if we got him at #20.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#22 : January 19, 2011, 05:10:57 PM

Hopefully he is there at 20 but I don't know. I didn't think he was mock was very good or accurate.

And I didn't think your was post was very good or accurate.

:P

The quest for .500 begins...

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 19, 2011, 05:12:09 PM

Hopefully he is there at 20 but I don't know. I didn't think he was mock was very good or accurate.

And I didn't think your was post was very good or accurate.

:P

oops meant his mock lol

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 19, 2011, 05:51:06 PM

I am not as down on Clayborn as some are but I have no problem with Kerrigan either.  I think he has the talent to consistenly provide pressure on the QB and his non-stop motor and work ethic would be welcomed

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 19, 2011, 06:37:39 PM

Given that pass rush is what makes the money for a 4-3 DE I'm not sure why Kerrigan is rated lower than some of the other DE's who seem to lack his ability to get to the QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 19, 2011, 07:51:16 PM

37.5 sacks in college... I can live with that. Doubt it happens though.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 19, 2011, 08:19:46 PM

i like the non stop motor

-------------------------------------------------------

specopload1

Practice Squad
#28 : January 19, 2011, 11:20:00 PM

I coveted Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and Suh...no comment on Kerrigan...OK what the hell...GET KERRIGAN BUCS...PLEASE!

kiss of death boys...sorry!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 19, 2011, 11:32:42 PM

good pick....none of this 3-4 olb/de crap

LOL......This    ^^^^^^^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper has Bucs getting Kerrigan at #20 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools