Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: House votes to repeal Obamacare « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 20, 2011, 10:09:07 PM

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47831.html

Don't worry, Morgan.  Harry Reid hopes to save it.  By NOT LETTING IT GO TO A VOTE IN THE SENATE!!!!  To hell with what Americans think.
Like it really matters anyway...Insurance companies have made a fortune off of HealthCare insurance the past year...OBD

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jan/19/chris-van-hollen/rep-chris-van-hollen-says-insurance-company-profit/

That's a little bit deceiving if you are looking to deamonize an industry, a better indicator would be profit margins by industry and the insurance companies are far from being at the top there.

http://larrycheng.com/2010/03/08/just-how-profitable-are-healthcare-insurers/

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/flowchart/2009/08/25/why-health-insurers-make-lousy-villains.html

http://www.healthinsurancecolorado.net/blog1/2009/06/08/profitability-and-the-health-insurance-industry/

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/health-insurance-profits-worth-outrage/story?id=9036632

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 20, 2011, 11:19:38 PM

Shop around where? People still can't get insurance from out of state. Thats just stupid. That alone would drive prices down.

Don't disagree with your inter state commerce point, but you can still shop around.

The funny thing about this is the way Congress went about this was totally stupid. They left themselves wide open to lawsuits about the constitutionality of this thing, yet one of the big points of the R's  is exactly what you just said, open up the inter state borders. Once that happens it opens itself to regulation by Congress due to inter state commerce. How dumb was that?

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#32 : January 20, 2011, 11:40:27 PM

Man, if there is one thing that totally sickens me it is these weak, lazy, stupid and unproductive liberals who think they have a God given right to live out of the wallets of the rest of us.  Yes, that would include Bradentonian, JDouble (aka doubledong), and Morgan.  Guess what, guys?  The rest of us don't want to pay more to support your families because your are too weak to do so.  SUPPORT YOURSELVES FOR A CHANGE!!!  These weak, WEAK losers that think the rest of us should pay their way through life make me want to puke.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : January 21, 2011, 05:51:23 AM

Man, if there is one thing that totally sickens me it is these weak, lazy, stupid and unproductive liberals who think they have a God given right to live out of the wallets of the rest of us.  Yes, that would include Bradentonian, JDouble (aka doubledong), and Morgan.  Guess what, guys?  The rest of us don't want to pay more to support your families because your are too weak to do so.  SUPPORT YOURSELVES FOR A CHANGE!!!  These weak, WEAK losers that think the rest of us should pay their way through life make me want to puke.

Care to compare W-2 forms?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 21, 2011, 10:25:41 AM

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#35 : January 21, 2011, 02:48:06 PM

My cigna coverage premium doubled!! I asked Cigna, they said Obama care and to write my congressman. They better fix this.

Highly doubt your story since the laws don't go into effect for a couple of years.

Doubt it all you want, family of 4 in my case went from 250 per month out of my check up to $500.00 for the same plan. Or I could have went to aetna who was the same price and had a 5k deductable. Doubt all you want but Obama has got these companies warchesting.

And I paid 50 k to the govt in taxes. It's total BS!
: January 21, 2011, 02:56:00 PM bucpimpin

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 21, 2011, 03:26:39 PM

Yes I would, buffoon!  I own businesses all over the Southeast.  I bet I will pay more in federal tax this year than you have in your life.  Bring it on!

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 21, 2011, 03:30:02 PM

My cigna coverage premium doubled!! I asked Cigna, they said Obama care and to write my congressman. They better fix this.

Highly doubt your story since the laws don't go into effect for a couple of years.

Doubt it all you want, family of 4 in my case went from 250 per month out of my check up to $500.00 for the same plan. Or I could have went to aetna who was the same price and had a 5k deductable. Doubt all you want but Obama has got these companies warchesting.

And I paid 50 k to the govt in taxes. It's total BS!

Morgan is to stupid to know that almost all insurance companies are raising rates NOW because of the freeze that will come unless this ridiculous Obamacare is repealed.  So just doubt everyone with no facts or knowledge, Morgan.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#38 : January 21, 2011, 05:56:38 PM

Yes I would, buffoon!  I own businesses all over the Southeast.  I bet I will pay more in federal tax this year than you have in your life.  Bring it on!

Morgan is to stupid to know that almost all insurance companies are raising rates NOW because of the freeze that will come unless this ridiculous Obamacare is repealed.  So just doubt everyone with no facts or knowledge, Morgan.

Sellilng stuff on Ebay is now called owning your own business?  Dude, your I.Q. is so low - and you own businesses? Now I know why thousands of businesses fail every year.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 21, 2011, 08:01:52 PM

Sellilng stuff on Ebay is now called owning your own business?  Dude, your I.Q. is so low - and you own businesses? Now I know why thousands of businesses fail every year.

Could quite well be, now do you know this for a fact or are you trying to be a smartypants?

With that said, I know someone who sells stuff on ebay and has 20 employees, so I guess yes, it could be construed as owning a business.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 21, 2011, 08:36:24 PM

First off, the BIGGEST beneficiaries of Obama-care are the Insurance companies. That is why when Obama-care passed, Insurance stocks skyrocketed!!!

Insurers are jacking up their rates now so they can increase staff and ramp up for when OHC goes into effect and millions are forced into shopping for new plans and millions more that currently don't have insurance are forced to get it. Part of the law was that EVERYONE had to get coverage or face fines/taxes. Do you think for a second that insurers aren't drooling over the prospect of millions of 18-24 year olds currently w/o coverage being forced to knock on their doors??? Billions in new premiums from an age group that rarely gets sick!!!

Second, while the insurance industry will go on a hiring binge, most companies will be forced to lay off people because of the mandatory aspects of OHC. I see lots of companies laying off 10-25% of their workers in order to budget in the extra $300-$400/month/employee they'll be FORCED to lay out to Obama's newest best buddies-the insurance companies. And since companies with under 35 employees are exempt-how many 40-50-60 worker companies are going to can enough people to get under the limit??? Just when the economy is barely crawling out of a recession (despite 2 ruinous stimulus plans), Obama-care forces hundreds of thousands back out on the street.

Third, nobody read the damn thing!!!!!

Forth, OHC does NOTHING to control actual HC costs. There is NOTHING in it to keep Big Pharma from price gouging or to stop rampant fraud (fake prescriptions, fake treatments, etc. charged to Medicare or insurers) or to regulate the actual providers of HC from overcharging. Nothing to keep Dr. A from charging 3x what Dr. B charges (who cares, the insurance is gonna pay it??)

In conclusion: it is CRAP LEGISLATION that 90% of Congress DIDN'T EVEN READ before voting on it and that contradicts itself in numerous places, that needs to be scrapped so Congress can do their job and craft a REAL HC PLAN that actually addresses costs and polices fraud without costing jobs or stunting economic growth.
: January 21, 2011, 08:38:07 PM John Galt?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 21, 2011, 09:28:14 PM

Could quite well be, now do you know this for a fact or are you trying to be a smartypants?

I feel quite confident that Morgan has never had this inquiry before.

And it's abundantly clear that he's never owned or ran a business.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 21, 2011, 10:24:38 PM

I feel quite confident that Morgan has never had this inquiry before.

And it's abundantly clear that he's never owned or ran a business.
Agree with that - and with some posts I wonder if he has had a job.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#43 : January 21, 2011, 11:26:41 PM

I'll answer it first hand:  As usual, Morgan is lying.  He has no idea what my businesses are or what my IQ is.  You made me a challenge, Morgan, and I accepted.  Bring on your fed returns!  Let's fly to Vegas and make one huge bet.  Morgan probably delivers pizzas.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 22, 2011, 02:51:20 AM

It would certainly help me.  And I hope it does not get repealed.

How? Give details please. Not being argumentative, I want to know.

I have my reasons for not liking this, I have heard the Political points and think they are at best, light on the truth so I would really would like to hear how someone like yourself believe this is going to help.

The only current affordable insurance option I have is from my employer.  Unfortunately the coverage my employer has elected to provide doesn't suit my needs well.  However going outside my employer drastically increases premium cost.

Don't take this the wrong way brads - but I don't really care what you say you can't afford.

If you smoke, if you drink, if you go to football games - you can afford better health care. You choose to do those things.

You were not born with my wallet at your disposal.

I don't care how much more affordable it makes it.

If you want it more affordable - open up the state to alllow ALL insurance companies to compete for the population, 2) limit the amount of moneys attorneys can reap from suing doctors/healthcare workers/hospitals (don't limit the victim in cases of malpractice, just the amount unscrupulous lawyers can reap), 3) Deny hospital service to illegals who cannot pay and do not have there own insurance.

Those are the "Big Three" - that would get you started to MORE affordable healthcare NOW...not 10 years from now (you do know that there are no benefits, while the taxes are collected for 10 years - right?).

Now, you can get real, or you can take offense - either way it doesn't matter, I'm already offended that the government allows more people to pilfer my "wealth" for their gain and my loss.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: House votes to repeal Obamacare « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools