Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Offseason Needs" by WalterFootball.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yungbull

Starter
: January 20, 2011, 02:30:11 PM

Pretty interesting and accurate.  And its also interesting that the writer acts as if he has legitimate insider info...

Full Article:

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2011tb.php

Season Summary:
Perhaps a year of schedule, the Buccaneers reeled off numerous victories against terrible opponents early in the season. As the 2010 campaign progressed, however, Tampa Bay really improved and knocked off the Saints in New Orleans despite missing several key defenders. Now a year older, the Buccaneers are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, though they have a couple of things to take care of this offseason...

Offseason Needs:

Two Defensive Ends:
Tampa Bay desperately needs upgrades at both defensive end positions. The team loves Adrian Clayborn and won't hesitate to pick him at No. 20 in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Inside Linebacker:
 Barrett Ruud is a free agent asking for too much money, so he's all but gone. The Buccaneers will have to spend a Day 2 selection on a substitute.

Right Tackle:
The ugly rotation of Jeremy Trueblood and James Lee isn't cutting it. The Buccaneers need to upgrade the right tackle position.

Left Guard:
Unless Tampa Bay believes Ted Larsen can improve and permanently man the left guard slot, it'll spend a mid-round pick on an upgrade.

Strongside Linebacker:
Quincy Black just had a solid year, but he's a free agent. The Bucs may look at someone like Bruce Carter in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft if they can't re-sign him.

Third-Down Running Back:
Cadillac Williams is a free agent. If he's not retained, the Buccaneers will need a new third-down back to complement LeGarrette Blount.

Center:
Jeff Faine has missed 12 games in the past two seasons. Owed $4.6 million in 2011, Tampa may opt to find a cheaper alternative.

Cornerback:
It appears as though Ronde Barber will be back for another year. The Buccaneers will have to find a successor soon though.

: January 20, 2011, 02:32:12 PM yungbull

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 20, 2011, 02:34:05 PM

Disagree about CB and interior OL. Team needs atleast 3, probably even 4 defensive ends. Think WLB is a need too, Hayes is too small to play the run but perfect as a nickel and dime LB.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 20, 2011, 02:34:51 PM

I actually don't mind this guys assessment. Makes some good points. I do hope we hold onto Faine as our center. I do like Quincy, but the more I see of Bruce Carter the more i like him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

yungbull

Starter
#3 : January 20, 2011, 02:37:37 PM

Disagree about CB and interior OL. Team needs atleast 3, probably even 4 defensive ends. Think WLB is a need too, Hayes is too small to play the run but perfect as a nickel and dime LB.

If they draft 3 DEs, better be spread out in the first 4 rounds.  We have a dying need at DE, but spending a 1st rounder on one and picking up another via free agency will be sufficient.  Other than that, maybe another DE in the 4th.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 20, 2011, 02:37:58 PM

If Freeman goes down, they need a QB.   I think they need to bring in a backup QB.   If not through the draft then through free agency.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 20, 2011, 02:40:13 PM

Walt always puts together a reasonable analysis - (gets his input in most cases from PR about our bucs.)

I love the 'superbowl' contender comment... but damn, thats early.

Will Barker or James Lee will do well at RT (and I didn't even mention Dotson)

Black, Williams and Joseph will be back.

I think Ronde's replacement is already on the roster between Biggers and Lewis.

Doesn't take into consideration the S position (which I think is a bigger deal than most.)

Our guards Larsen, Zuttah, Joseph, Carter and a draft pick (Hurd IMO)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 20, 2011, 02:54:22 PM

hmmm, both CC and Walterfootball saying the Bucs love Clayborn.  Either they really do or it's a smokescreen.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 20, 2011, 03:15:32 PM

hmmm, both CC and Walterfootball saying the Bucs love Clayborn.  Either they really do or it's a smokescreen.

Walt read's PR to get his Buc info, so it's really the same source.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 20, 2011, 03:24:00 PM

If I'm going to replace linebackers, I don't think that I'd spend a 2nd on the strong side linebacker. Yes, I realize that the SSLB has more responsibilities than what Kiffin used to ask out of them, but if we are not re-signing Ruud, the highest linebacker pick should be someone that can play the middle. I think the Bucs are looking at Dekota Watson taking over Blacks spot.

Depending on how the draft falls, we should get the 4th/5th DE off the board or the 2nd/3rd interior linebacker. Linebackers that come off the edge can be taken in lower rounds. A few years back Vilma was taken almost at the same spot, there can be some great linebacking talent still on the board at our pick.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 20, 2011, 03:37:04 PM

DE, for sure, is priority number 1.  After that we need a WLB & MLB, and I'm not sure how Larsen fared, but LG & C would be high on my list as well.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 20, 2011, 03:53:54 PM

we all know what our needs are.  lets see about the teams in the teens that will be picking ahead of us as far as DEs go:
12.  Vikings-LDE is #7 on the needs list.
13.  Lions-DE not listed as a need.
14.  Rams-DE is #9 on list-everyone knows they are going WR.
15.  Dolphins-DE not a need.  Rush LB is #8.
16.  Jaguars-DE is #1 need.
17.  Raiders-DE not listed.
18.  Chargers-Rush LB is #1, DE is #2.  But the would be looking for a 5-Tech.
19.  Giants-DE is not listed.

yungbull

Starter
#11 : January 20, 2011, 05:42:15 PM

Isn't a ball hawking safety a glaring need??  I mean, can we really trust T Jax to stay out of trouble?  He's turning into another Adam PacMan Jones.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 20, 2011, 05:44:44 PM

I love walterfootball.com.  They put out a more accurate product than just about anybody.

tbb345

Starter
#13 : January 20, 2011, 11:58:37 PM

I completely agree yungbuc. This team's biggest needs right now, before free agency, are
2 DE's
1 FS
2 LB's
I know that a pass rushing de is the top priority by far but after that I think they are about the same.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#14 : January 21, 2011, 03:46:36 AM

Am I missing something on Lee and Larsen? I thought they both played well this year, certainly better than I expected. Although I'm all for drafting another lineman for depth.

The rest of it is right on.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Offseason Needs" by WalterFootball.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools