Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE GLAZERS' APPROACH WAS RIGHT AFTER ALL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: January 22, 2011, 09:00:09 AM

Some Tampa Bay fans may not want to accept it, but the younger, cheaper path that the Glazers have the Buccaneers on turned out to be the right one this season - and probably in years to come.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&layout=item&id=188

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 22, 2011, 09:16:18 AM

It is all about 5 at this point.  This team will rise and fall with him. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 22, 2011, 09:41:11 AM

Some Tampa Bay fans may not want to accept it

Truer words have never been spoken.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 22, 2011, 09:50:01 AM

Agreed!! Some of us, me, constantly spoke out against the former regime's constant acquisition of has-beens and never-was's along with no clear plan for the future. Thank God the Glazers had enuff as well. While some label them as cheap, it cost them $$ to make the change. Kudos to them!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 22, 2011, 09:52:03 AM

The uninformed masses, saw the youth movement as a bad idea, the people who know football and know how the league works knew this was the right way to approach rebuilding. The previous regime was just putting band aids on a gun shot wound.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Gobucs991940

Second String
#5 : January 22, 2011, 09:56:30 AM

We will see what the Glazers are made of this offseason if we get a new CBA. I want to see some solid free agent singings ... something like Logan Mankings, D'Qwell Jackson, Mathias Kiwanuka, and a cheaper WILL linebacker.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#6 : January 22, 2011, 10:10:38 AM

We will see what the Glazers are made of this offseason if we get a new CBA. I want to see some solid free agent singings ... something like Logan Mankings, D'Qwell Jackson, Mathias Kiwanuka, and a cheaper WILL linebacker.
WHY???? The Bucs are following a great plan and the uninformed "I want it now not later " crowd wants them to divert off of it. Just keep building around Free and he will take us where we want to go.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 22, 2011, 10:45:43 AM

Is that all???  You sure you don't want to go after Champ Bailey and Nnamdi Asomugha, too?

BuccaNova

Starter
#8 : January 22, 2011, 10:55:51 AM

I want to see some solid free agent singings ... something like Logan Mankings, D'Qwell Jackson, Mathias Kiwanuka, and a cheaper WILL linebacker.

And I want to see them completely ignore this kind of suggestion. Are you one of those, "we're doing everything right, let's change it!" guys? Hopefully the Glazers are made of stuff that will ignore suggestions like this. I'd love to see the first all-draft super bowl team.   

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : January 22, 2011, 11:23:00 AM

Mathias Kiwanuka and Logan make some sense if the money is right. They are 2 younger guys that would help in needs this team has.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 22, 2011, 11:47:18 AM

If Freeman turned out to be a Leaf, I bet this article would have been written just the opposite though. The thing is, there is no one right way to build a team. Building through the draft can be one method, but you still need to be able to draft those players and get a little lucky. Tampa got lucky with the 1st time (Sapp drug allegations) and they got lucky this time (Williams and Blount). Of course, luck is nothing but hard work meeting an opportunity so Dom has been prepared to take advantage of the luck.  And except for a few hard charging folks, I think most people had recognized that once the team went into rebuild, that spending lots of FA money was not very practical. The, disagreement now seems to be when they should try and get them, this year, next year or start in 2 years.

This just points out the vast problems with the fan base on these forums. Yes there are extremists lovers and haters. Far right and far left. Crazies on both sides. But what no on seems to be able to accept, some people might be more in the middle with a few beliefs that could be placed on either side. But if you even slightly disagree with someone else, your labeled an extremist crazy. Even more, this is not going to be accepted for what it is and talked or debated. Instead it will just to be "proof" that other posters are wrong and folks will try and smear it in others faces, like is par for these forums.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : January 22, 2011, 12:01:14 PM

Some of us, me, constantly spoke out against the former regime's constant acquisition of has-beens and never-was's along with no clear plan for the future.

Don't strain your arm there. All of the times you "spoke out against" players we acquired combined don't add up to the exuberance you put into your little Terrell Owens crusade. Personally I find it a little funny that everyone thinks our problems are solved. We placed in the bottom half of our division, and we were told it was because the teams above us were in the elite teams of the conference. When those teams were exposed, somehow that re-evaluation of talent level never filtered down to the Bucs.

The congratulatory celebrations are a bit premature.
: January 22, 2011, 12:02:57 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 22, 2011, 12:05:54 PM

Yes, luck plays a part in acquiring the talent. But the thing about being so young as a group is, all of these guys are extremely impressionable and can be molded to fit one style with no past influences. They buy in to Raheem's philosophy because that's all they know, that's the great part of having a young team. Young, team controlled core of guys, all marching to the beat of the same drum. I'm excited.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#13 : January 22, 2011, 12:09:43 PM

Some of us, me, constantly spoke out against the former regime's constant acquisition of has-beens and never-was's along with no clear plan for the future.
Only for those who won't or refuse to congratulate.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 22, 2011, 12:14:06 PM

If Freeman turned out to be a Leaf, I bet this article would have been written just the opposite though.

Couldn't this statement be said about any player ever drafted? Instead of what-if, how bout we speak on what-is!!

Don't strain your arm there. All of the times you "spoke out against" players we acquired combined don't add up to the exuberance you put into your little Terrell Owens crusade. Personally I find it a little funny that everyone thinks our problems are solved. We placed in the bottom half of our division, and we were told it was because the teams above us were in the elite teams of the conference. When those teams were exposed, somehow that re-evaluation of talent level never filtered down to the Bucs.

Its my arm, and i'll strain if i want to(is that a song?)

Any intelligent observer can see that this team is in a better state than at any point over the past 5-6 yrs. The Glazers saw fit to blow up the mess that was the former regime, kudos to them.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE GLAZERS' APPROACH WAS RIGHT AFTER ALL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools