Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 44

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 04, 2011, 08:47:56 AM

Yeah, reality just hit Rays fan in the face. I see us starting out slow and fighting/clawing for third place with the O's or Jays. Then we'll get hot and catch-up with the 2nd place Yankees only to lose out on wildcard due to bullpen. I expect playoffs but I'd be content with a 90 win season.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 06, 2011, 09:38:12 AM

Should have traded the bum when we had the chance, huh UFO?

LMAO

Sonny had another stellar outing vs. the Twins (who only had two starters) to bring his ERA this Spring to 20.25.

Yeah, good 'ole LFO wanted Niemann (arguably the team's 2nd best pitcher right now) demoted in favor of the great Andy Sonnanstine.  Of course he also thought Josh McDaniels was going to be the vastly superior HC to Raheem Morris because of McDaniels' "experience".  Yeah, there's a reason he's no longer here.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : March 06, 2011, 08:18:35 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing the NFL contract the Bucs out of the league.   But it would suck to lose the Rays.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 11, 2011, 12:56:23 PM

Call me harsh and I maybe alone and this but I despise CC.

Loyalty means nothing today. And its NOT even the fact he didn't re-sign with us.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 11, 2011, 01:04:09 PM

It's understandable Detty, but I have no ill-will towards Crawford.  He did sign an extenstion to stay with the team 3 years ago when he could have got more money on the open market.  I have no problem with him getting his coin.

Although I will say it would have been nice for him to go LA instead of Boston.  My good will for him will diminish very soon, very imagine.

Anybody see the game yesterday?  What a friggin' ending.  That catcher they got for Garza can flat out rake.  If he can do anything behind the plate, he'll be pretty damn good.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 11, 2011, 11:44:54 PM

It's understandable Detty, but I have no ill-will towards Crawford.  He did sign an extenstion to stay with the team 3 years ago when he could have got more money on the open market.  I have no problem with him getting his coin.

Although I will say it would have been nice for him to go LA instead of Boston.  My good will for him will diminish very soon, very imagine.

Anybody see the game yesterday?  What a friggin' ending.  That catcher they got for Garza can flat out rake.  If he can do anything behind the plate, he'll be pretty damn good.
You're right. Its just the whole sign-a-contract-with a rival thing. It ticks me off. They least he could do was go to LA where I wanted him to go instead. And had he did that to take less money, he'd be by far my favorite player in the MLB. I was under the assumption he wasn't going to do us dirty but guess I was wrong.

I didn't catch the game actually. Who and what happened?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 11, 2011, 11:46:19 PM

Call me harsh and I maybe alone and this but I despise CC.

Loyalty means nothing today. And its NOT even the fact he didn't re-sign with us.

I'm not going to have a problem "not-liking" CC....  Enjoyed seeing him line out and pop out to Brignac yesterday. 

Here's hoping he hits .250, gets the Bosux fan's angry, and things get ugly for him at Fenway.
I hope he crumbles and sucks in the playoffs for them. He'll probably do good in the RS but I hope he absolutely blows when it comes to post-season.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 16, 2011, 02:28:37 PM

I would give them

Alexander Torres, Jennings, and Beckham for Soria and some heavy $$$$

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 16, 2011, 03:04:37 PM

I would give them

Alexander Torres, Jennings, and Beckham for Soria and some heavy $$$$

+1

-ts

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 16, 2011, 09:43:45 PM

I still wouldn't give up Jennings. I believe we have a future closer in McGee and I think Jennings will eventually get his shot and live up to his expectations.

I would talk to them though, I bet the price isn't as high as we think.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 17, 2011, 01:52:32 AM

How much did the Brewers give up for Grienke? IIRC, they gave up at least 1 projected stud the other were good as well.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 18, 2011, 02:07:07 AM

How much did the Brewers give up for Grienke? IIRC, they gave up at least 1 projected stud the other were good as well.
Not as much as they should've and I wouldn't think the price tag would be near a cy young starter tag, nor would I ever pay that for a relief pitcher.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 20, 2011, 06:31:46 PM

We're in trouble .........relief pitching showing no hope so far.........

Juan Cruz, Joel Peralta, and Jake McGee have given up 1 ER combined in 21 IP. 

Relax.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 23, 2011, 04:18:16 PM

Rays have won 12 of their last 17 games.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#44 : March 23, 2011, 08:39:41 PM

You guys have to love my Rays!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools