Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the people calling Cutler a quitter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
« : January 23, 2011, 10:08:46 PM »

How many professional football games have you played with an injured knee? Do you personally know how bad his knee is hurt or how bad it might have hurt him? OMG he can stand on it so that means he will be able to drop back in the pocket and have to scramble around just because he can stand on it right?

P.S. Blowing out your knee and never playing football again isn't worth the risk just because it's the NFC championship game. Which also means a lifetime of pain. Yeah guy is a quitter for using his brain. He wouldn't have been able to even help the team with a hurt knee it's a smart move all around sorry to those people, but some actually use their brains over their guts.
« : January 23, 2011, 10:20:01 PM BuddyHobbs321813 »

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 23, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »

Didn't Rivers play in the playoffs with a torn ACL?

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #2 : January 23, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »

This wasn't just any football game, it was the NFC championship.  I'm sure the trainers and team doctors looked at it, and it wasn't bad enough to keep him out of the 2nd half.  Cutler's always been a whiner, this is just more fuel for the fire against him.  It may come out in the next few days that his ligaments were torn, but I bet just about any other QB would be back in the game given the choice (which Cutler had).

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 23, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »

Oh i'm sorry have you played a football game with a knee injury? So you know how it feels then right?  ::)

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 23, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »

Here's something for those calling Cutler a quitter due to injury..........

jack wagons.

I'm always amazed at the "guts" of message board posters. Very courageous, very impressive.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 23, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »

This wasn't just any football game, it was the NFC championship.  I'm sure the trainers and team doctors looked at it, and it wasn't bad enough to keep him out of the 2nd half.  Cutler's always been a whiner, this is just more fuel for the fire against him.  It may come out in the next few days that his ligaments were torn, but I bet just about any other QB would be back in the game given the choice (which Cutler had).

So you're saying it's worth the risk to blow out your knee and never play football again because of one game then huh?

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #6 : January 23, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »

I'd like to hear what some actual NFL QB's think.  If the trainers and MD's let him play, than apparently they weren't too worried about it.  They're not going to let their multi-million $ investment play if it would've endangered his career.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #7 : January 23, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »

Didn't one player lose his finger in his glove once? I'm pretty sure he played the game with his finger off then got it sewed back on. It was a big game too:P

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 23, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »

I'd like to hear what some actual NFL QB's think.  If the trainers and MD's let him play, than apparently they weren't too worried about it.  They're not going to let their multi-million $ investment play if it would've endangered his career.

Oh so now you're part of the Bears medical staff and know that they wouldn't endanger someones career for a super bowl championship

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #9 : January 23, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »

Yup. And in the same game, LquiTer sat on the bench with his helmet on like a bum. LT has no heart, IMO. Don't know the extent of Cutler's injury but if homeoby was standing on the sidelines, then I would lump him with Tomlinson's no heart azz. This is the PLAYOFFS! i don't need to have played professional football to be able to sound off on this. I did blow my ACL in my left knee in the Marines, though. I ran on it, because it was misdiagnosed by the Navy for 2 months. And yeah it was unstable as fawk.

With injured Chargers star LaDainian Tomlinson reduced to mostly watching in a parka, the Patriots moved on to a Feb. 3 matchup in Glendale, Ariz., against the New York Giants.

Tomlinson carried on the first two San Diego plays, and did not run it again because of a bad knee. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers hung in despite a torn ligament in his knee and star tight end Antonio Gates did his best with a dislocated toe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280120017

The quest for .500 begins...

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 23, 2011, 10:23:04 PM »

Didn't one player lose his finger in his glove once? I'm pretty sure he played the game with his finger off then got it sewed back on. It was a big game too:P

So you're comparing a knee to a finger... Some people on this board amaze me with their brain power

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #11 : January 23, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »

I remember seeing that, it was a college player.  Think he was drafted last year...just can't remember who.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 23, 2011, 10:23:26 PM »

I pointed that out in another thread as I saw Cutler walking the sidelines. I'm no Rivers fan but dude is tough.

-------------------------------------------------------

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 23, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »

I think Ronnie Lott had part of a finger cut off during a game to keep playing.
Seriously! But I don't think he tried running on that little stub, do you?

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 23, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »

The thing is this isn't internet tough guys questioning him, it is NFL players current and former:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

* Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew wrote, “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee… I played the whole season on one.”

* Former NFL lineman and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth wrote, “As a guy how had 20 knee surgeries you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!”

* Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett wrote, “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”

* Jaguars linebacker Kirk Morrison wrote, “Jay Cutler better go put some Tussin on that knee and get back out there.”

* Deion Sanders wrote, “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.

Even one of Cutler’s fellow quarterbacks, Oakland’s Bruce Gradkowski, got in on the action, writing that he once played with two torn MCLs and adding, “Is cutler still ur starter next year? Did the players give up on him?”

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the people calling Cutler a quitter « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools