Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the people calling Cutler a quitter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 23, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »

Here's something for those calling Cutler a quitter due to injury..........

jack wagons.

I'm always amazed at the "guts" of message board posters. Very courageous, very impressive.

Garv, its not us message boarders that are questioning him..... read what his peers are saying about him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 23, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »

Jack Lalanne just died. Amazing man.
Think HE could play now?

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 23, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »

I would love to see some of you go back into a game with a hurt knee and play quarterback it would be laughable

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

« #18 : January 23, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »

Dang, Hobbs, is he related to you? Just askin

The quest for .500 begins...

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #19 : January 23, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »

Didn't one player lose his finger in his glove once? I'm pretty sure he played the game with his finger off then got it sewed back on. It was a big game too:P

So you're comparing a knee to a finger... Some people on this board amaze me with their brain power
The intensity of the big game made him forget about his finger..... The game was more important than his pain. Tool:]

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 23, 2011, 10:28:35 PM »

* Deion Sanders wrote, “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.

Damn...  You KNOW it's bad when Prime Time is calling you soft

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 23, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »

Here's something for those calling Cutler a quitter due to injury..........

jack wagons.

I'm always amazed at the "guts" of message board posters. Very courageous, very impressive.

Garv, its not us message boarders that are questioning him..... read what his peers are saying about him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

Well, I'll have to hear more before I judge him a wimp, a lot more.
I know there are some players who can play in agony but just because some cannot does NOT make them
a wimp IMO. These peers were not there nor were they feeling what he was.

It's a serious charge, not one to be taken lightly.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 23, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »

Some people on this board amaze me with their brain power

I don't find this too hard to believe.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 23, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »

Didn't one player lose his finger in his glove once? I'm pretty sure he played the game with his finger off then got it sewed back on. It was a big game too:P

So you're comparing a knee to a finger... Some people on this board amaze me with their brain power
The intensity of the big game made him forget about his finger..... The game was more important than his pain. Tool:]

Okay I played football dislocated my finger popped it back in place and played and that's as wide receiver I have also had a knee injury and know you can't preform at a contributing level after one until healed and trust me you don't come back in from certain knee injuries.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #24 : January 23, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »

I'd like to hear what some actual NFL QB's think.  If the trainers and MD's let him play, than apparently they weren't too worried about it.  They're not going to let their multi-million $ investment play if it would've endangered his career.

Oh so now you're part of the Bears medical staff and know that they wouldn't endanger someones career for a super bowl championship

I'm not part of the bears medical staff, but I do know a lot of medical professionals.  I can't think of one that would risk their license, career, and possiblly freedom by purposely misdiagnosing an injury which is what you're suggesting.  If they had any idea that the injury would have caused permanent damage, they would have pulled him.  Furthermore, they would have told the coaching staff that he's only able to run and throw at 50%, and they would've pulled him.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 23, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »

P.S. Blowing out your knee and never playing football again isn't worth the risk just because it's the NFC championship game. Which also means a lifetime of pain.

It's not 1959

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 23, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »

Alright for you "tough" guys I have a challenge for you. Go out play football injury your knee come right back in and play some more let me know how it works out for you

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 23, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »

I think the thing with Cutler is that he was standing on it and walking on the sidelines. Hell I had my ACL pop so loud in a game that people heard it, I went down like I was shot and never got up again so there are injuries that you can't recover from but this doesn't seem like one of those type of injuries based on what people are seeing in the way he was moving about.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #28 : January 23, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »

Okay I played football dislocated my finger popped it back in place and played and that's as wide receiver I have also had a knee injury and know you can't preform at a contributing level after one until healed and trust me you don't come back in from certain knee injuries.
Standing on the sidelines sure looked like his knee was in antagonizing pain.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 23, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »

Cutler: “They made the decision”

Source:    PFT
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 23, 2011, 8:02 PM EST

With criticism of Jay Cutler mounting, the Bears quarterback spoke with the media in the locker room after Sunday’s loss in an attempt to explain his disappointing day.

Cutler said he was hopeful he could keep playing, but he was unable to plant and throw because of his knee injury.  He said the decision to come out of the game was not his decision.

Coach Lovie Smith echoed that sentiment.

“There was no decision at all,” Smith said.  “He was injured.  He was hurt and he couldn’t go.  The trainers and doctors . . . made that decision.”

Cutler said he was disappointed and that it was a “lonely feeling” to watch the game from the sideline.  He “hoped” he wouldn’t require surgery, but didn’t know the extent of the injury.   (Center Olin Kreutz thought Cutler had a torn knee ligament, but that may be guesswork at this point.)

A reporter asked Cutler what he thought of all the criticism from other NFL player on Twitter about his toughness.

“No comment,” Cutler said, his distaste for the question clear.

And with that, Cutler’s resurgent season ended as he limped out of the locker room.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the people calling Cutler a quitter « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools