Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the people calling Cutler a quitter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #30 : January 23, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »

P.S. Blowing out your knee and never playing football again isn't worth the risk just because it's the NFC championship game. Which also means a lifetime of pain.

It's not 1959

Okay blow out your knee get a knee replacement then make that statement

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #31 : January 23, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »

He was in such "pain" that he didn't even know when the injury happened

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #32 : January 23, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »

I am no athlete, obviously. But I HAVE sprained my knee before. Twice, once playing
third team football in ninth grade and once snow skiing. Both times it was impossible to walk on it for days.
It hurt like HELL!!!

I don't know what happened to Cutler or how badly it hurt. But I do find it hard to believe that a QB at the
NFL level and in a Championship game is a wimp. I don't think he COULD play and I'm sticking to that
until I hear differently from people in that locker room/doctors.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #33 : January 23, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »

Alright for you "tough" guys I have a challenge for you. Go out play football injury your knee come right back in and play some more let me know how it works out for you
This is one of the biggest games of Cutlers' career! Games like these people don't care if they're in a lot of pain they play because they want to win!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 23, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »

If he's hurt and can't play then fine, he can't play. My problem is with Bears officials basically letting Cutler take the brunt of all of the criticism for as long as he did once he came out of the game. Why not just say -- then and there -- that Cutler has a ACL or MCL injury and will not return. But no, they tried to play secret squirrel games and said he has a "knee injury and his return is questionable" while Cutler continues to walk on the sidelines seemingly with no discomfort or crutches whatsoever. Just be honest! Instead, they threw Cutler under the bus and if I'm him I'm highly pi**sed right now that my team didn't stand up for me.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #35 : January 23, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »

He was in such "pain" that he didn't even know when the injury happened

It's called adrenaline smart guy :)

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #36 : January 23, 2011, 10:40:24 PM »

No Heartler

The quest for .500 begins...

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #37 : January 23, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »

Alright for you "tough" guys I have a challenge for you. Go out play football injury your knee come right back in and play some more let me know how it works out for you
This is one of the biggest games of Cutlers' career! Games like these people don't care if they're in a lot of pain they play because they want to win!

Just got out injury your knee, play football and tell me how it goes that's all i'm asking

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #38 : January 23, 2011, 10:42:03 PM »

Cutler: “They made the decision”

Source:    PFT
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 23, 2011, 8:02 PM EST

With criticism of Jay Cutler mounting, the Bears quarterback spoke with the media in the locker room after Sunday’s loss in an attempt to explain his disappointing day.

Cutler said he was hopeful he could keep playing, but he was unable to plant and throw because of his knee injury.  He said the decision to come out of the game was not his decision.

Coach Lovie Smith echoed that sentiment.

“There was no decision at all,” Smith said.  “He was injured.  He was hurt and he couldn’t go.  The trainers and doctors . . . made that decision.”

Cutler said he was disappointed and that it was a “lonely feeling” to watch the game from the sideline.  He “hoped” he wouldn’t require surgery, but didn’t know the extent of the injury.   (Center Olin Kreutz thought Cutler had a torn knee ligament, but that may be guesswork at this point.)

A reporter asked Cutler what he thought of all the criticism from other NFL player on Twitter about his toughness.

“No comment,” Cutler said, his distaste for the question clear.

And with that, Cutler’s resurgent season ended as he limped out of the locker room.
If this is true, then I am not questioning his toughness.  It was reported during the game that the trainers asked Cutler if he could go, that is why I question his toughness.  If the medical staff truly pulled him out, than I wish him a speedy recovery.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #39 : January 23, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »

So based on your guys logic all NFL players are wimps and quitters when they don't come back from injury. Alright good to know. That's a smart logic

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #40 : January 23, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »

birdbrainsnj says:
Jan 23, 2011 8:09 PM
Never witnessed qb with less heart than what cutler showed today. I’d bench him and start the Caleb guy. Unbelievable!! You can walk, you can throw the football! When they asked him what play he hurt it he said he didn’t know. How do you injure your knee so badly you can’t play but can’t recall how you hurt it? Liar who gave up. Just a pathetic example to young kids out there.

I like this guys  comment of Cutler:D

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #41 : January 23, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »

Didn't Rivers play in the playoffs with a torn ACL?

Yup. And in the same game, LquiTer sat on the bench with his helmet on like a bum. LT has no heart, IMO. Don't know the extent of Cutler's injury but if homeoby was standing on the sidelines, then I would lump him with Tomlinson's no heart azz. This is the PLAYOFFS! i don't need to have played professional football to be able to sound off on this. I blew out my ACL in my left knee in the Marines, though. I ran on it, because it was misdiagnosed by the Navy for 2 months. And yeah it was unstable as fawk, but still ran 3 miles three times a week.

With injured Chargers star LaDainian Tomlinson reduced to mostly watching in a parka, the Patriots moved on to a Feb. 3 matchup in Glendale, Ariz., against the New York Giants.

Tomlinson carried on the first two San Diego plays, and did not run it again because of a bad knee. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers hung in despite a torn ligament in his knee and star tight end Antonio Gates did his best with a dislocated toe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280120017

The quest for .500 begins...

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #42 : January 23, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »

Pouncey looked like a guy who injured his knee.....

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #43 : January 23, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »

birdbrainsnj says:
Jan 23, 2011 8:09 PM
Never witnessed qb with less heart than what cutler showed today. I’d bench him and start the Caleb guy. Unbelievable!! You can walk, you can throw the football! When they asked him what play he hurt it he said he didn’t know. How do you injure your knee so badly you can’t play but can’t recall how you hurt it? Liar who gave up. Just a pathetic example to young kids out there.

I like this guys  comment of Cutler:D

Great thing you guys judge before you know the facts because it makes you look soooo smart when you're wrong

Cutler: “They made the decision”

Source:    PFT
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 23, 2011, 8:02 PM EST

With criticism of Jay Cutler mounting, the Bears quarterback spoke with the media in the locker room after Sunday’s loss in an attempt to explain his disappointing day.

Cutler said he was hopeful he could keep playing, but he was unable to plant and throw because of his knee injury.  He said the decision to come out of the game was not his decision.

Coach Lovie Smith echoed that sentiment.

“There was no decision at all,” Smith said.  “He was injured.  He was hurt and he couldn’t go.  The trainers and doctors . . . made that decision.”

Cutler said he was disappointed and that it was a “lonely feeling” to watch the game from the sideline.  He “hoped” he wouldn’t require surgery, but didn’t know the extent of the injury.   (Center Olin Kreutz thought Cutler had a torn knee ligament, but that may be guesswork at this point.)

A reporter asked Cutler what he thought of all the criticism from other NFL player on Twitter about his toughness.

“No comment,” Cutler said, his distaste for the question clear.

And with that, Cutler’s resurgent season ended as he limped out of the locker room.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #44 : January 23, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »

Just got out injury your knee, play football and tell me how it goes that's all i'm asking

Dude, how many more people need to point to Philip Rivers continuing to play on knee injury in the playoffs for you to get the point?

Cutler was walking on the sidelines, joking, and walked on the field after the game.  I'm sure he was injured, but he could walk and made no attempt to get back on the field.  That's what people are commenting on.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the people calling Cutler a quitter « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools