Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Cutler has MCL tear « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« : January 24, 2011, 11:36:06 AM »

That should clear up a few things for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/report-cutler-has-mcl-tear/

After Jay Cutler left Sunday’s game with a knee injury, NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders jokes that he “better see” Dr.  James Andrews operate live on Cutler or he wouldn’t be satisfied with Cutler leaving the game.

It sounds like a surgery may indeed be in Cutler’s future.

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports Cutler tore his MCL during the loss to the Packers.  The team is determining the grade of tear, which could help determine if the injury could heal naturally.

As MDS pointed out earlier, Cutler has only missed one start in his career.  That was for a concussion in 2010.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

watson

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 24, 2011, 11:50:10 AM »

I just heard Warren Sapp say, on the Dan Patrick Show, that no one should question Cutler's toughness.  He said it was a tough as they come and it was wrong for anyone to question it.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 24, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »

Even if you put aside whether he could play or not... the way he was acting on the sidelines is what people are pissed off about. He walked around (without much of a limp) and then sat on the bench staring off into space while the 3rd string QB is sitting right next him trying to figure out the plays.

The guy is not a leader.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 24, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »

A guy has missed one game in his career, was sacked over 50 times this year, has come back from concussions and now he's not tough enough to get back on the field with a torn MCL?

Cutler is a very unlikeable guy for a few reasons however this ain't one of them.

Sapp is right.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 24, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »

Even if you put aside whether he could play or not... the way he was acting on the sidelines is what people are pissed off about. He walked around (without much of a limp) and then sat on the bench staring off into space while the 3rd string QB is sitting right next him trying to figure out the plays.

The guy is not a leader.

So it's the first string QBs job to figure out the plays? Do the Bears employ position coaches? Is it possible the 3rd stringer was in the position he wanted to be in? Is it possible that we have absolutely no idea what was going on on the Bears sidelines?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 24, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »

From what i've heard, MCL won't keep anyone from walking around and doing normal things but if that person were to make a sharp cut or quick move they'll probably drop like a rock. 

Anyone had the same injury?

www.Atlbucs.com

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 24, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »

The guy is not a leader.

So it's the first string QBs job to figure out the plays? Do the Bears employ position coaches? Is it possible the 3rd stringer was in the position he wanted to be in? Is it possible that we have absolutely no idea what was going on on the Bears sidelines?

One of the things that has been hanging over Cutler's career is the perception that he ultimately doesnt care, especially if he's losing. That's why there was such quick reaction by even a lot of players. So people who believe that were paying very close attention to what Cutler was doing on the sidelines. And the camera continued to show him on the sidelines constantly.
« : January 24, 2011, 12:32:21 PM cyberdude558 »

truckerbuc

Rookie

« #7 : January 24, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »

He needs to show some mental toughness and be out there leading them his team.  They'd have to carry me off the field in that situation. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 24, 2011, 12:51:49 PM »

The guy is not a leader.

One of the things that has been hanging over Cutler's career is the perception that he ultimately doesnt care, especially if he's losing. That's why there was such quick reaction by even a lot of players. So people who believe that were paying very close attention to what Cutler was doing on the sidelines. And the camera continued to show him on the sidelines constantly.

Cutler isn't very well liked.....apparently and possibly for very good reason. That's pretty much the summation. For the specific instance of whether he could have played or not....none of us have any idea. My guess is that he couldn't plant and throw and/or would be a sitting duck back there risking further injury.

I do have to wonder why, if Hanie required attention in a game this big, there wasn't a coach going over things with him. That's actually a much bigger issue than whether Cutler is providing insight.
« : January 24, 2011, 12:54:04 PM ryan24 »

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 24, 2011, 12:58:11 PM »

It's amazing to me, absolutely amazing that message board posters who would scream in agony over a stubbed
toe are so brave, so tough, so courageous that they can tolerate and judge another man's pain so well.
It's de**CENSORED**able, cowardly and disgraceful.

The man has missed one game in his freaking career. For a concussion. How many times has he been hit...sacked?
He suffered a torn knee ligament and some of you idiots think that's minor? Or something you could do? LOL
Grow up, get a life..............pathetic. 

Warren Sapp is absolutely correct and Derrick Brooks and those other fools who Tweet before they think come across
like jack wagons. These same fools owe Cutler an apology. They did NOT know the situation, the pain OR the injury
before they started typing. The people here, the posters who sound so tough in their own opinions are just.........
fill in the freaking blankity blanks.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 24, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »

He needs to show some mental toughness and be out there leading them his team.  They'd have to carry me off the field in that situation.

ROTFLMAO

Oh, I'm sure. What a man, what a tough man you must be.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 24, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »

It's amazing to me, absolutely amazing that message board posters who would scream in agony over a stubbed
toe are so brave, so tough, so courageous that they can tolerate and judge another man's pain so well.
It's de**CENSORED**able, cowardly and disgraceful.

The man has missed one game in his freaking career. For a concussion. How many times has he been hit...sacked?
He suffered a torn knee ligament and some of you idiots think that's minor? Or something you could do? LOL
Grow up, get a life..............pathetic. 

Warren Sapp is absolutely correct and Derrick Brooks and those other fools who Tweet before they think come across
like jack wagons. These same fools owe Cutler an apology. They did NOT know the situation, the pain OR the injury
before they started typing. The people here, the posters who sound so tough in their own opinions are just.........
fill in the freaking blankity blanks.

^^^THIS!!!

truckerbuc

Rookie

« #12 : January 24, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »

ROTFLMAO

Hey, tough has got nothing to dowith it.  I just the love the game of football and it drives me crazy to see crybabies like Cutler throw it all away.  I might be in the minority here, but I'd play the game for free and play it the right way. 

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 24, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »

TampaLiveSports: RT @JB_Long:

#Bucs QB Josh Freeman on Cutler injury: "If I were to play in NFC Championship game, they would have to take me off on a stretcher."

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 24, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »

ROTFLMAO

Hey, tough has got nothing to dowith it.  I just the love the game of football and it drives me crazy to see crybabies like Cutler throw it all away.  I might be in the minority here, but I'd play the game for free and play it the right way.
So you're Cutler:

You know you're hurt.  You go in during half time and the docs say you're hurt.  You start the 3rd Quarter and try to play and realize that your throwing motion is jacked because if your hurt knee....

Exactly what goes on through your mind after that?

www.Atlbucs.com
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Cutler has MCL tear « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools