Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Cutler has MCL tear « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

truckerbuc

Rookie

#15 : January 24, 2011, 01:23:38 PM

He needs to show some mental toughness and be out there leading them his team.  They'd have to carry me off the field in that situation.

ROTFLMAO

Oh, I'm sure. What a man, what a tough man you must be.

Hey, tough has got nothing to dowith it.  I just the love the game of football and it drives me crazy to see crybabies like Cutler throw it all away.  I might be in the minority here, but I'd play the game for free and play it the right way.
So you're Cutler:

You know you're hurt.  You go in during half time and the docs say you're hurt.  You start the 3rd Quarter and try to play and realize that your throwing motion is jacked because if your hurt knee....

Exactly what goes on through your mind after that?

I don't know what was going thru that jerk's head.  That he was losing. That he was cold.  That his leg was hurt.  That he wanted to get something to eat at a fancy steakhouse with his hot little girlfriend.  Yep, that's right.  Check out the link.  He was not too hurt I guess. 

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/celeb-sightings/

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 24, 2011, 01:28:41 PM

He needs to show some mental toughness and be out there leading them his team.  They'd have to carry me off the field in that situation.

ROTFLMAO

Oh, I'm sure. What a man, what a tough man you must be.

Hey, tough has got nothing to dowith it.  I just the love the game of football and it drives me crazy to see crybabies like Cutler throw it all away.  I might be in the minority here, but I'd play the game for free and play it the right way.
So you're Cutler:

You know you're hurt.  You go in during half time and the docs say you're hurt.  You start the 3rd Quarter and try to play and realize that your throwing motion is jacked because of your hurt knee....

Exactly what goes on through your mind after that?

I don't know what was going thru that jerk's head.  That he was losing. That he was cold.  That his leg was hurt.  That he wanted to get something to eat at a fancy steakhouse with his hot little girlfriend.  Yep, that's right.  Check out the link.  He was not too hurt I guess. 

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/celeb-sightings/

Key word there, listed a few times:  What goes on in your mind?

: January 24, 2011, 01:35:37 PM afitzgerald66

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 24, 2011, 01:32:44 PM

Keep in mind this is also not just a regular season game where you can have a few throw-away games. This is the NFC Championship game. It is possible that Cutler will never get to play in such a game ever again. Most QBs you would have to carry them off the field in a cart for them not to go back in there.

He may have very well been injured. I dont think anyone thought he was faking the injury. But a lot of people think that if Cutler was playing better and the score was close that he would have stayed in. But because the Bears were down two scores and he had a 31.8 passer rating....he "quit."

truckerbuc

Rookie

#18 : January 24, 2011, 01:38:36 PM

Keep in mind this is also not just a regular season game where you can have a few throw-away games. This is the NFC Championship game. It is possible that Cutler will never get to play in such a game ever again. Most QBs you would have to carry them off the field in a cart for them not to go back in there.

He may have very well been injured. I dont think anyone thought he was faking the injury. But a lot of people think that if Cutler was playing better and the score was close that he would have stayed in. But because the Bears were down two scores and he had a 31.8 passer rating....he "quit."

Exactlt, if the game would have been going his way he would have been out there.  Instead he wanted to stay warm on the sidelines so he had plenty of energy to enjoy a steak dinner with his hot girlfriend later that night. 

mattyd1521

Second String
#19 : January 24, 2011, 02:01:01 PM

That is why he is getting so much heat. That is a game every player wants to be part of and not many get the chance to play in even one. It is his demeanor that his given him a reputation. I do think he should of been going over the playbook with his 3rd string QB instead of seeming detached from the game going on.

Whether or not the players making those tweets were right  it says a lot about how players in the league feel about Jay Cutler. Even though Tom Brady gets grief at times for the pretty boy image you will never hear anyone question his toughness ever. Just last week he was playing with a stress fracture in his foot.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 24, 2011, 02:13:02 PM

Do you guys EVER use your brains? If he was hurt all he would do if he played was hurt his team's chances he certainly wouldn't have helped them by not being able to cut or scramble around or making his injury worse. You guys are such idiots yes you deserve to be called names because you clearly don't think about anything except how badass you guys are yourselves.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 24, 2011, 02:17:06 PM

Lovie is saying now its a MCL sprain.    No tear.

Press conference on ESPN

-ts

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 24, 2011, 02:20:23 PM

Loved the Derrick Brooks Quotes in this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6052280

truckerbuc

Rookie

#23 : January 24, 2011, 02:20:55 PM

Obviously football doesn't matter all that much to Jay Cutler.  I hope he enjoyed his steak dinner and late night fun with his hot little girlfriend.   

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 24, 2011, 02:26:42 PM

Lovie is saying now its a MCL sprain.    No tear.

Press conference on ESPN
Bet he wishes it was a tear,  the backlash is only going to get worse if it's not a catastrophic injury.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 24, 2011, 02:27:43 PM

Bears coach Lovie Smith referred Monday to Jay Cutler's left knee injury as an "MCL sprain."

Said Smith in response to criticism of Cutler for missing most of the second half of Sunday's NFC Championship Game, "If you're going to attack someone, you should be attacking me." Smith is referring to the coaches' decision to sit Cutler after his knee was unstable against the Packers. Still, an MCL "sprain" sounds like the least possible form of a partial tear in terms of severity. Cutler shouldn't need offseason surgery.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 24, 2011, 02:28:37 PM

Welcome to Washington, Miss Cutler

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : January 24, 2011, 02:34:40 PM

Do you guys EVER use your brains? If he was hurt all he would do if he played was hurt his team's chances he certainly wouldn't have helped them by not being able to cut or scramble around or making his injury worse. You guys are such idiots yes you deserve to be called names because you clearly don't think about anything except how badass you guys are yourselves.

Agree - you should visit the Pirates Cove - they are equally clueless about non-football realted issues as well.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 24, 2011, 02:43:42 PM

Agree - you should visit the Pirates Cove - they are equally clueless about non-football realted issues as well.

Yeah people amaze me with their toughness and knowledge on this board

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 24, 2011, 03:04:30 PM

Even if you put aside whether he could play or not... the way he was acting on the sidelines is what people are pissed off about. He walked around (without much of a limp) and then sat on the bench staring off into space while the 3rd string QB is sitting right next him trying to figure out the plays.

The guy is not a leader.

So it's the first string QBs job to figure out the plays? Do the Bears employ position coaches? Is it possible the 3rd stringer was in the position he wanted to be in? Is it possible that we have absolutely no idea what was going on on the Bears sidelines?

Imagine, if you will, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, or hell.... Josh Freeman sitting on the bench sulking while their team is in the NFC champ game. I don't think it would happen.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Cutler has MCL tear « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools