Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Senior Bowl Weigh-ins « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: January 24, 2011, 01:19:41 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Jones could slide
Greg Jones-LB- Player   Jan. 24 - 1:08 pm et

Michigan State LB Greg Jones measured 5-foot-11 and 240 pounds during Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
It's a full two inches shorter than his college listing. No one doubts that Jones can play -- he was one of the most prolific tacklers in college football history -- but NFL teams tend to get picky about size. Jones is looking like a probable second-round pick. He projects as a middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme.
Source: Shawn Zobel on Twitter

Hope we don't waste a pick on this guy
Noel Devine-RB- Player   Jan. 24 - 12:44 pm et

West Virginia RB Noel Devine measured just 5-foot-7 and 160 pounds at Monday's weigh-in at the Senior Bowl.
He'd be one of the smallest kickers in the league, if he was a kicker. Devine was known to be very small, but the Mountaineers listed him at 5'8/180. In reality, he's got Trindon Holliday size. Devine is a third-day prospect.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 24, 2011, 01:24:11 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Jones could slide
Greg Jones-LB- Player   Jan. 24 - 1:08 pm et

Michigan State LB Greg Jones measured 5-foot-11 and 240 pounds during Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
It's a full two inches shorter than his college listing. No one doubts that Jones can play -- he was one of the most prolific tacklers in college football history -- but NFL teams tend to get picky about size. Jones is looking like a probable second-round pick. He projects as a middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme.
Source: Shawn Zobel on Twitter

Hope we don't waste a pick on this guy
Noel Devine-RB- Player   Jan. 24 - 12:44 pm et

West Virginia RB Noel Devine measured just 5-foot-7 and 160 pounds at Monday's weigh-in at the Senior Bowl.
He'd be one of the smallest kickers in the league, if he was a kicker. Devine was known to be very small, but the Mountaineers listed him at 5'8/180. In reality, he's got Trindon Holliday size. Devine is a third-day prospect.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Looks like someone needs to put on some weight.. I don't mind him I would just like the see the guy weigh in betwee 175-180. The guy can bench 405lbs so he has the strength its just going to be about the durability. 5th round pick I'd take it.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 24, 2011, 01:34:07 PM

Here's a large listing...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 24, 2011, 01:41:27 PM

This site has all the weigh-ins for both squads up already

http://www.draftinsider.net/

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 24, 2011, 01:45:51 PM

Isn't Greg Jones the son of a Bucs coach? Supposedly there is bad family issues there as well. I think it's him. If so, I doubt they draft him.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 24, 2011, 01:52:25 PM

No, the kid you're thinking of is Lloyd from Connecticut 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

tbb345

Starter
#6 : January 24, 2011, 01:52:46 PM

You are thinking of Greg Lloyd Jr. Bucs N Beers

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 24, 2011, 02:10:15 PM

So Greg Jones is three inches shorter than Ruud with just as much size.

Have to think that alone makes him more physical.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 24, 2011, 02:23:34 PM

That's right. Lloyd is the guy.

Anyways, I don't think Greg Jones being 5'11" is as big a deal as Devine being 5'7" and 160. Seriously, if Ray Lewis hits a guy that is 160 pounds it might be murder.

:)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 24, 2011, 02:25:33 PM

OG Moffitt surprisingly is only 314.  OTs Camrini and Castonzo both had great measurements

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 24, 2011, 02:28:53 PM

LB Kelvin Sheppard is 6'2" and 250...   Worth looking at if Irving and Jones are off the board. (If the draft is the answer.)

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2011, 02:32:33 PM

Maybe greg jones could be like Zach thomas i would like that type of MLB in tampa atleast that guy was good for a sure tackle.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 24, 2011, 02:34:07 PM

I like that Nate Irving weight in at 242

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 24, 2011, 02:35:08 PM

Patrick Willis is 6-1 240

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 24, 2011, 02:40:47 PM

Tampa can get a nice MLB in this draft. OL looks pretty stacked for the later rounds too.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Senior Bowl Weigh-ins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools