Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we really need to pick a MLB in the draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2011, 03:47:23 PM

Nitey - Woody disagrees...  ;)

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=43434

What's the issue with Baker?   That's seems new to me...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#16 : January 25, 2011, 05:17:22 PM

Why would they need a MLB when they already have the best in Ruud.  Give that guy a raise, he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played.
Get lost Java or at least have the balls to post under JavaBuc.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 25, 2011, 05:29:23 PM

Tuesday Practice Notes: Greg Jones showed a knack for slinking through traffic while still making the play at or near the line of scrimmage.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 25, 2011, 05:30:50 PM

Hey Blind,

How ya doing? Well, it wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with 'Woody'. I really wouldn't mind having Ruud back again, I think Cummings makes a point about Ruud's play, but I think he is a bit too generous. Ruud gets too caught up in trash around the line of scrimmage and ends up tackling too often from behind not in front. SR has mentioned a number of times that Ruud might be better as the WILL linebacker and that would be a good situation for the Bucs. Then the Bucs could try the more physical McKenzie at MLB with Ruud calling the defense from the WILL position.

However, I *do* think it will come down to money with Ruud and I do think there are teams that will go after him once he hits Free agency. The Bucs should plan on drafting a linebacker high for no other reason than that.

I really hope the CBA is signed early enough before the draft that the free agency period can take place. That will help the Bucs decide on what they need to focus on. As it is, everything could be crap shoot.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 25, 2011, 05:56:33 PM

Tuesday Practice Notes: Greg Jones showed a knack for slinking through traffic while still making the play at or near the line of scrimmage.

I think TB just might find a new MLB in Nate irving or Greg Jones who runs a 4.3 4.4, That is Patrick Willis type speed.

tbb345

Starter
#20 : January 25, 2011, 10:02:44 PM

I think if we draft Greg Jones we play him at WLB. He would be a stud there. I am not sure if there are any great MLB prospects for the Bucs to take. All of them have some sort of flaw. I might wait until the 4th or 5th and take Colin McCarthy from Miami

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 28, 2011, 11:52:30 AM

Scout Inc...

LB stuff ----

We were disappointed in the burst NC State LB Nate Irving showed when they brought him up with the D-linemen in pass-rushing drills. We wanted to see more of him as a pass-rusher, something he did at NC State, but he didn't show great burst and wasn't violent or quick enough working back inside when he tried to redirect. Also, he was stiff in space, and had a hard time moving around and changing directions. He's not a player teams should feel comfortable asking to match up with quicker running backs because he'll get exposed in coverage.

A pair on the rise
Two linebackers who helped themselves this week are LSU ILB Kelvin Sheppard and and Washington OLB Mason Foster. Foster showed why he was second in the Football Bowl Subdivision with 163 tackles displaying natural instincts. He finds the ball quickly, reacts quickly and gets into position to make the tackle. He's not the best athlete, but he is a reliable tackler and has enough power, strength and explosiveness in his hips when taking on blockers. He has good coverage awareness and is a big contributor on special teams. At the start of the season, he was a late-round prospect, but after a good campaign and a good week here, he's in the mid-fourth-round range now.

Sheppard, at 250 pounds, is noticeably stronger now. He is quick to diagnose plays, gets downhill in a hurry and is instinctive. He doesn't have as much range as Foster, but his range is adequate. Still have concerns about his ability to take on and shed blockers, but his added weight and strength will help there. He's helped himself climb into the third-round range with a good week here.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we really need to pick a MLB in the draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools