Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCONN can't even get fans in the stands lol « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 28, 2011, 11:15:37 AM

I read and article(i think on Yahoo) that said many teams take a loss to go to a bowl. It mentioned UF and Ohio State taking significant losses for their championship game.

Uh, what?  UF and OSU hardly ever have problems with their fanbase traveling, much less for Championship games.

Hmmm?  I noticed a lot of empty seats for the Outback Bowl which was really surprising considering it should have been considered a HOME game with all the UF fans that live so close by...   Reason?

CTGuyton

Second String

#16 : January 28, 2011, 04:10:01 PM

UF Sucked this year

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 29, 2011, 11:19:34 AM

I read and article(i think on Yahoo) that said many teams take a loss to go to a bowl. It mentioned UF and Ohio State taking significant losses for their championship game.

Uh, what?  UF and OSU hardly ever have problems with their fanbase traveling, much less for Championship games.

Hmmm?  I noticed a lot of empty seats for the Outback Bowl which was really surprising considering it should have been considered a HOME game with all the UF fans that live so close by...   Reason?

It was a disappointing season for UF.  While playing in a New Year's Day Bowl for most teams is great, UF is used to BCS Bowls and Championship games.  To make it a little easier for you to understand, UF in the Outback Bowl = FSU in Emerald Bowl.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 30, 2011, 12:42:04 PM

It was a disappointing season for UF.  While playing in a New Year's Day Bowl for most teams is great, UF is used to BCS Bowls and Championship games.  To make it a little easier for you to understand, UF in the Outback Bowl = FSU in Emerald Bowl.

UF has played in the Outback Bowl 3 other times in the past 10 years and it sold out each time so I don't think the bowl can be used an as an excuse .... You probably would have been more accurate just stopping with the first sentence ... although, you would think it being the "beloved" Urban's last game, all Gator Nation would have still wanted to be there. .. My guess, though, would be the economy was probably the biggest reason, affecting the bandwagoners the most.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 30, 2011, 03:05:58 PM

You probably would have been more accurate just stopping with the first sentence.

I thought it was pretty clear was I just taking a well-placed shot at the senile one after that.  My bad.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 01, 2011, 01:46:17 PM

If that was a well placed shot you missed badly!  8)  Whatever happened to in "ALL KINDS OF WEATHER"? ???  This was a special game CORCH URBIES retirement? :o

The Tampa Bay area is filled with gator fans!   

Were gator fans just too butt hurt over 35-7? :P to show support against the legendary Joe Paterno and Penn State?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 03, 2011, 11:24:14 AM

You probably would have been more accurate just stopping with the first sentence.

I thought it was pretty clear was I just taking a well-placed shot at the senile one after that.  My bad.

Damn it ...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCONN can't even get fans in the stands lol « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools