Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCF thinks USF is blocking their bid to join the Big East « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #45 : February 13, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »

Cowardice always shames and embarrases me.

After reading your posts for a few years, I'm surprised anything "embarrases" you.

I don't like it when I have to compare USF a school I graduated from  to UF in a derogatory way. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #46 : February 13, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »

Cowardice always shames and embarrases me. I take pride in my degree from USF. I don't like to make excuses for USF being a coward on the football field.

I dislike Miami with a passion but they schedule anyone / anywhere. I can respect that.  I don't respect those that try to scam the system by scheduling patsies to empty stadiums versus a packed house for a spirited rivalry.  Beating UCF will always outweigh beating stony brook and wofford.
Not true .... Back in 2008, USF beat Tennessee-Martin and jumped two spots in the AP poll ... The next week, they beat UCF but dropped two spots ....

Wow! That is strange. Amazing that you actually keep track of such things! Wonder why that is? ;) Oh wait! That was the overtime game... hmmm?

Now losing?   Horrors!  Means the team isn't quite as good as BSing fans think they are.
Winning or losing against UCF is not what USF fans base what they think of the team on. That's what conference play is for, and that's what USF's fans concerns have been .... not some stupid measuring stick placed up against UCF.

So why not play them every year?  Chicken? ;)

Losing is just as much a part of the game as winning and true champions gain respect for stepping up to the pump to face top competition and beating it not running from it.  You get better by being challenged
What does facing top competition and playing UCF have to do with each other?

Whether you choose to believe otherwise UCF will give USF all they can handle and proved it the last time they played.

UF hides behind the SEC is sooo tough we can't afford a possible loss by playing Miami or by playing a regular season loss to an out of conference BCS opponent outside the state of Florida.

That is BS rhetoric since winning or losing an out of conference game has no effect on winning or losing your conference. That is the key to getting to a BCS bowl game.
BS rhetoric or not..... the philosophy has led them to 3 MNC's ... and I sincerely doubt they give a crap whether you, or anyone else, puts their own stupid asterisk beside those titles.

What does going to BCS games have to do with USF? ;)

So what is USF's excuse... is the Big East so tough they can't afford to play a team as tough as UCF that they might actually play a competitive game that USF actually could lose? 
USF should be sponsoring UCF to the Big East rather than blocking them.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not the reality is that the Big East is on shaky ground and the threat of several teams jumping to the Big Ten continues to be a possibility.   The conference needs to be far more proactive and expand so the perception can change for the conference.

Trying to scam the system will never be respected from my view.
This may come as a total shock to you, but USF doesn't give a flying crap about your, or UCF's toadie journalist's, respect ...

Do I sense anger and that even results in name calling towards Bianchi?  Too much protesting.  I sense real fear and ignorance about college football as far as rivalries are concerned.  Your remarks consistently sound like someone trying to avoid what could be a tremendous rivalry game every season for USF.
« : February 13, 2011, 06:34:37 PM Runole »

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #47 : February 14, 2011, 11:35:38 PM »

Cowardice always shames and embarrases me. I take pride in my degree from USF. I don't like to make excuses for USF being a coward on the football field.

I dislike Miami with a passion but they schedule anyone / anywhere. I can respect that.  I don't respect those that try to scam the system by scheduling patsies to empty stadiums versus a packed house for a spirited rivalry.  Beating UCF will always outweigh beating stony brook and wofford.
Not true .... Back in 2008, USF beat Tennessee-Martin and jumped two spots in the AP poll ... The next week, they beat UCF but dropped two spots ....

Wow! That is strange. Amazing that you actually keep track of such things! Wonder why that is? ;) Oh wait! That was the overtime game... hmmm?
That's right, the overtime game, where, looking at the score, it appeared like a close game and USF was penalized for that ... actually penalized for WINNING a game .... hmmm.

Come on, go ahead and say it ... "I triple dog dare you to play them!"

Whether you choose to believe otherwise UCF will give USF all they can handle and proved it the last time they played.

All that's needed in response to that is the boxscore for that game:

USF/UCF

1st Downs 25/12
3rd down efficiency 9-19/5-16
4th down efficiency 1-1/0-1
Total Yards 504/226
Passing 346/150
Comp-Att 23-41/17-32
Yards per pass 8.4/4.7
Rushing 158/76
Rushing Attempts 44/28
Yards per rush 3.6/2.7
Penalties 7-58/12-148
Turnovers 2/0
Fumbles lost 0/0
Interceptions thrown 2/0
Possession 33:30/26:30

Are you sure you didn’t really graduate from UCF?? The resemblance is remarkable …

Do I sense anger and that even results in name calling towards Bianchi?  Too much protesting.  I sense real fear and ignorance about college football as far as rivalries are concerned.  Your remarks consistently sound like someone trying to avoid what could be a tremendous rivalry game every season for USF.
Not sure how you can call it too much protesting … All I’m doing is responding to each of your stupid posts about this. Stop trying to cram a square peg in a round hole and I’ll stop exposing the error of your ways …. And Bianchi has been called a lot worse than a “toadie” by a lot better people than me.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #48 : February 15, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »

That's right, the overtime game, where, looking at the score, it appeared like a close game and USF was penalized for that ... actually penalized for WINNING a game .... hmmm.

Just perhaps the fact that they struggled to win against UCF was the reason for the dropping in ranking.  When you blow out an opponent some voters will inflate the ranking based on perception.  USF had in previous years handled UCF easily that last meeting was a struggle hence the voters were not as impressed.

Come on, go ahead and say it ... "I triple dog dare you to play them!"

No need to.... USF avoidance defines their cowardice well.

USF/UCF

1st Downs 25/12
Total Yards 504/226
Passing 346/150
Comp-Att 23-41/17-32
Yards per pass 8.4/4.7
Rushing 158/76
Rushing Attempts 44/28
Yards per rush 3.6/2.7
Penalties 7-58/12-148
Turnovers 2/0
Fumbles lost 0/0
Interceptions thrown 2/0

Statistics are for losers.  USF despite the statistical advantage performed poorly.  That may also have been the reason for the drop in ranking.

Are you sure you didn’t really graduate from UCF?? The resemblance is remarkable …

So when has USF ever gone to a BCS bowl game? That was my only point.

Not sure how you can call it too much protesting … All I’m doing is responding to each of your stupid posts about this. Stop trying to cram a square peg in a round hole and I’ll stop exposing the error of your ways …. And Bianchi has been called a lot worse than a “toadie” by a lot better people than me.

Don't disagree with your opinion of Bianchi, but even a blind squirrel stumbles on an acorn sometimes, and this case he is correct. USF vs UCF annually would be great for both programs. It would create much local interest in both venues and most assuredly over time would gain national recognition especially with 3 of Florida's biggest newspapers covering it along with local TV stations in both the Orlando and Tampa bay Markets. There is nothing stupid about a packed stadium to view a game that Florida CFB fans in both areas  would like to see each year.   Orlando vs Tampa..   Certainly that is the biggest game the Arena  league plays every year. It would be the same for USF vs UCF.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #49 : February 15, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »

USF/UCF

1st Downs 25/12
Total Yards 504/226
Passing 346/150
Comp-Att 23-41/17-32
Yards per pass 8.4/4.7
Rushing 158/76
Rushing Attempts 44/28
Yards per rush 3.6/2.7
Penalties 7-58/12-148
Turnovers 2/0
Fumbles lost 0/0
Interceptions thrown 2/0

Statistics are for losers.  USF despite the statistical advantage performed poorly.  That may also have been the reason for the drop in ranking.

LOL ... The fact that you typed that with apparent seriousness is an indication this conversation is over.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #50 : February 15, 2011, 10:57:20 PM »

So with a statistical advantage you believe USF performed well in barely winning in overtime?

Do you actually believe that every team with a statistical advantage always wins?   :o

2011BucsHomer

Practice Squad

« #51 : February 28, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »

You have to be completely ignorant to think that UCF is way outmatched by USF. I am a UCF alum and granted we got beat the few times we have played USF over the last few years, Our program is finally growing up. Last year we beat a decent SEC team in Georgia in a bowl game and have a QB in Jeff Godfrey that is a legitimate double threat. UCF also has a huge Alumni population that is growing every year and doesnt look like that is changing any time soon. I'll be the first to admit that tons of UCF fans are also Gator or Nole fans, but you can't ignore the growing marketability of UCF. I feel they share the same negatives of USF with much more upside from a Conference standpoint.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #52 : February 28, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

You have to be completely ignorant to think that UCF is way outmatched by USF. I am a UCF alum and granted we got beat the few times we have played USF over the last few years, Our program is finally growing up. Last year we beat a decent SEC team in Georgia in a bowl game and have a QB in Jeff Godfrey that is a legitimate double threat. UCF also has a huge Alumni population that is growing every year and doesnt look like that is changing any time soon. I'll be the first to admit that tons of UCF fans are also Gator or Nole fans, but you can't ignore the growing marketability of UCF. I feel they share the same negatives of USF with much more upside from a Conference standpoint.
I agree with most of that. UCF has grown up, some, but the next step is beating BCS teams with winning records ... Looks like you'll have a chance to do that this coming year two, possibly three, times.

I'm not seeing, though, where you get that UCF has "much more upside from a Conference standpoint" than USF.

2011BucsHomer

Practice Squad

« #53 : February 28, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »

Both teams share a lot of the same qualities(From a recruiting standpoint, they are both 4/5 options in the state), I think UCF is about 4-5 years behind USF as far as recruiting and talent. I just see UCF as more attractive going forward because of the huge growth the school has experienced, which has created a new Stadium, practice facilities and great housing for athletes. Will that result in better recruiting classes? We will have to wait and see if that ends up happening, but I think these are the positives that UCF hopes will attract Conferences. All in all, UCF hasn't faired well against USF, but I am happy that  it looks as if the rivalry will have a chance to thrive again, even if UCF doesn't get a bid soon. Go Knights!! BTW those Mickey Mouse T shirts USF had  for the rivalry game a few years back were hilarious!

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #54 : February 28, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »

Both teams share a lot of the same qualities(From a recruiting standpoint, they are both 4/5 options in the state), I think UCF is about 4-5 years behind USF as far as recruiting and talent. I just see UCF as more attractive going forward because of the huge growth the school has experienced, which has created a new Stadium, practice facilities and great housing for athletes. Will that result in better recruiting classes? We will have to wait and see if that ends up happening, but I think these are the positives that UCF hopes will attract Conferences. All in all, UCF hasn't faired well against USF, but I am happy that  it looks as if the rivalry will have a chance to thrive again, even if UCF doesn't get a bid soon. Go Knights!! BTW those Mickey Mouse T shirts USF had  for the rivalry game a few years back were hilarious!
Not sure how you can really judge how far ahead or behind schools, at our level, are in recruiting but I guarantee you that UCF isn't 4 or 5 years behind .... Once you get past the top 25 or 30 recruiting classes, there's not a whole lot of difference until you hit the 60's or so. Both programs have the same upside, IMO, with USF being ahead right now mainly because of the BCS status .... and I hope it stays that way.  8)

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #55 : March 04, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »

I just think it would be a great rivalry that should be played every year regardless. Rivalries are what make CFB great.  Both programs are extremely close and pretty much equal from anyone with an unbiased viewpoint.  I think whole I-4 WAR could be an advertisers dream for both Orlando and Tampa.  Hey maybe they can get Disney and Busch gardens pay for a bullet train from Ray Jay to UCF stadium!  :D

roaddog

Rookie

« #56 : March 28, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »

FWIW ...

BOTH USF & UCF could beat half the S-trageically E-vasive C-owards ... and if they won't play each other, then they need to at least start trying to schedule some SEC & ACC out-of-conference competition.

As a USF Season Ticketholder, it's simply time to get more proactive & step up the OOC competition.  Granted, the ND Roadtrip is Kool & The Gang for this year, and the "novelty" of bringing FAMU to town every so often isn't all that bad, but in order for the Big East as a whole to gain some respect, they'll have to collectively start beating some relevant OOC competition.   Those years of scheduling the Woffords & WKU's to pad the wins are over, and it's getting tired.   The series with UM is drawing near ... and SEC Charade is about to come undone for them too ... so the opportunity to get some of these relevant schools in the future may indeed exist, so if we're not going to play the neighbors down the street, then let's at least start making some noise in terms of challenging someone other than what  we have been playing lately.

8)

\"If You STAY Ready ... You Don\'t Hafta Get Ready!\"

roaddog

Rookie

« #57 : March 28, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »

Make that "S-trategically!"

8)

\"If You STAY Ready ... You Don\'t Hafta Get Ready!\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #58 : March 29, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »

With the current economy it only makes sense for UCF and USF play each other every year.  Again with the BIg East adding TCU it would make good sense to add UCF and perhaps USM and either Memphis or East Carolina to make the Big East a 12 team Football conference with a championship game.  I believe that would finish off the Big 10/12's plans to go to 16 teams.  The Big East surprisingly showed well after being pilfered by the ACC but that reputation is fading fast over the last couple of years.   Cincinnati getting killed by Florida  and falling to 4-8 last season UConn getting killed by Oklahoma. WV drubbed by NC ST  Who is the dominant team in the Big East?   USF knocks off Clemson and Miami   UCF wins their conference and knocks of Georgia.   

From my observation with such results UCF and USF should play each other every year as well as UCF being in the Big East.  Depending on a continuation of games against the SEC and ACC during the regular season is not a diet that USF can depend on.  They should be pushing for UCF entering the Big East rather than trying to keep them out.

For now the BIg Ten and Pac 10 are satisfied with their 12 teams.  The old Big 12 remains on shaky grounds and the BIg East on even shakier.  Those that make proactive moves will survive those that stand still could be in trouble.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #59 : March 31, 2011, 04:03:00 AM »

FWIW ...

BOTH USF & UCF could beat half the S-trageically E-vasive C-owards ... and if they won't play each other, then they need to at least start trying to schedule some SEC & ACC out-of-conference competition.

As a USF Season Ticketholder, it's simply time to get more proactive & step up the OOC competition.

USF didn't even beat half of their Big East competition this season.  I'm not a USF season ticket holder, I think it's pretty fair to say they might struggle to do that in the SEC.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCF thinks USF is blocking their bid to join the Big East « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools