Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kirwan Grades Ruud's Play This Season - A-minus « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 26, 2011, 06:54:19 PM

yeah because kirwan, or anyone in the mainstream media, knows about the mlb on the tampa bay buccaneers. I guess you guys should also agree with them saying sanchez is better than freeman, or that the bucs were going to go 2-14 last year.

If kirwan or one of these other chumps says something, you know the opposite s true. Since kirwan said a-, the correct grade is F.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 26, 2011, 06:56:01 PM

yeah because kirwan, or anyone in the mainstream media, knows about the mlb on the tampa bay buccaneers. I guess you guys should also agree with them saying sanchez is better than freeman, or that the bucs were going to go 2-14 last year.

If kirwan or one of these other chumps says something, you know the opposite s true. Since kirwan said a-, the correct grade is F.

Hey now, let's be fair. The correct grade would be F+.  :)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 26, 2011, 07:02:25 PM

For funsies....

Wouldn't want Puz over Ruud
Wouldn't want Bradley over Ruud
Wouldn't want DeAndre Levy over Ruud
Wouldn't want Paris Lenon over Ruud
Wouldn't want Brackett over Ruud
Wouldn't want Dhani Jones/Roderick Muckelroy over Ruud
Wouldn't want Johnathan Goff over Ruud
Wouldn't want Kirk Morrison over Ruud

Regardless.

That is 8/32. Ruud isn't even average in my book.

We could do some much better. Or at least have some one with upside (I'd probably take Muckleroy over Ruud on second thought)
And of those players, maybe only Poz is near certain to be starting by 2012, so the only players Ruud is better than are on their ways out of the NFL.
: January 26, 2011, 07:10:25 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 26, 2011, 07:04:19 PM

I liked Muckelroy coming out last year.  I'd also argue for Morrison, who looked much better once he got out of Oakland.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 26, 2011, 07:35:38 PM

Morrison was awful this year IMO.

You wanna talk about no splash plays?

watch that dude play.

Glad we didn't make a play for him last offseason

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 26, 2011, 07:36:35 PM

I wasn't trying to argue with you FRG.

watson

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 26, 2011, 08:31:33 PM

I see everyone bashing Kirwan, but why aren't you bashing the Bucs GM.  He came out today and said he wants Ruud back and that Ruud played really well this season and had more splash plays than he had before and that was what THEY wanted him to do.  Are you all saying the GM is wrong?  The same GM that everyone (or most everyone) has been putting on a pedestal for his eye for football talent and his ability to pick players. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 26, 2011, 08:33:17 PM

I see everyone bashing Kirwan, but why aren't you bashing the Bucs GM.  He came out today and said he wants Ruud back and that Ruud played really well this season and had more splash plays than he had before and that was what THEY wanted him to do.  Are you all saying the GM is wrong?  The same GM that everyone (or most everyone) has been putting on a pedestal for his eye for football talent and his ability to pick players.
???

Link?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 26, 2011, 08:35:36 PM

That's called "being polite" to someone you'd take back if you ABSOLUTELY HAD TO.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 26, 2011, 08:37:30 PM

Dominick said the same stuff about Antonio Bryant dude....

I bet you thought Kolb was going to start over Vick too

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 26, 2011, 08:37:56 PM

I found the "more splash plays than before" comment funny. He had what, 2 splash plays this year?

watson

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 26, 2011, 08:41:31 PM

Again, why aren't you bashing Dominick for his statements?  If Ruud comes back or not is no big deal to me, but you have one analyst sayng things and getting bashed and the GM saying very similar things and nothing is said.

In case you missed it, here is an excerpt:  MOBILE, Ala. - Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik sounded Wednesday as though he wants middle linebacker Barrett Ruud back on his football team in 2011.

Speaking at the Senior Bowl, Dominik lauded Ruud's play during the 2010 season but strongly suggested the determining factor in whether Ruud returns will be his asking price on a new contract.

Ruud is scheduled to become a free agent in March.

"Barrett had another good season for us,'' Dominik said. "He led our team in tackles again and he had more splash plays for us this year than he did the year before, which was good. Now we just have to sit down with his agent.

"And as these things always go, there's always two sides to it. Just because you say you want to sign him and because they say they want to be back, that doesn't mean that's how it's going to work out.''

Ruud has sought a new deal from the Bucs for two years.

"I would love to be back,'' Ruud said in a text message to the Tribune. "But there is a lot of uncertainty right now.''

He publicly expressed displeasure with the team's decision to ignore his wishes at the same time it re-signed left tackle Donald Penn last summer.

At that time, Dominik said he wanted to see Ruud "play some football'' before deciding whether to keep him as the quarterback of the defense going forward. It appears what Dominik saw satisfied him.

: January 26, 2011, 08:47:05 PM watson

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 26, 2011, 08:44:52 PM

Because it's just "coach speak" if you will.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 26, 2011, 08:46:19 PM

Again, why aren't you bashing Dominick for his statements?  If Ruud comes back or not is no big deal to me, but you have one analyst sayng things and getting bashed and the GM saying very similar things and nothing is said.

Mark's just dehydrated at Senior Bowl practice, he's not thinking straight.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#29 : January 26, 2011, 09:06:44 PM

Someone hacked Mark's mouth?

The quest for .500 begins...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kirwan Grades Ruud's Play This Season - A-minus « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools