Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kirwan Grades Ruud's Play This Season - A-minus « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 26, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »

Mark is saying that for insurance in case we don't come up with a better option at MLB and get a deal to bring him that. Other then that he is out of here.. And I love all the people who say he plays the Tampa 2 correctly and his main priority isn't to stop the run and get tackles at the LOS. We all understand but as a MLB he shouldn't be getting ran over when he tries to make a tackle or being dragged 3 more yards. That is what Bucs fans are tired of seeing. We are also tired of seeing our MLB getting took out by any blocker who touches him. Ruud does all the little things good but the things that he should be doing great to become a top MLB in this league, he doesn't do.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #31 : January 26, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »

Mark is saying that for insurance in case we don't come up with a better option at MLB and get a deal to bring him that.

Sums it all up. He's going to be as committal or non committal to any player as he can.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 26, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »

yeah because kirwan, or anyone in the mainstream media, knows about the mlb on the tampa bay buccaneers. I guess you guys should also agree with them saying sanchez is better than freeman, or that the bucs were going to go 2-14 last year.

If kirwan or one of these other chumps says something, you know the opposite s true. Since kirwan said a-, the correct grade is F.

Shows you know ZERO about Kirwan. Go back and watch his videos from this year where he broke down our games and analyzed each game. Guy knows more abut our team than chumps like you.

Kirwan raved about Freeman all year. But now, because so many of you think you're right about Ruud, Kirwan becomes a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about? LOL.

Funny how watson had to repost an article that was posted in my original post to start the thread. You all ignored it for obvious reasons.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #33 : January 26, 2011, 10:07:11 PM »

Mark is saying that for insurance in case we don't come up with a better option at MLB and get a deal to bring him that. Other then that he is out of here.. And I love all the people who say he plays the Tampa 2 correctly and his main priority isn't to stop the run and get tackles at the LOS. We all understand but as a MLB he shouldn't be getting ran over when he tries to make a tackle or being dragged 3 more yards. That is what Bucs fans are tired of seeing. We are also tired of seeing our MLB getting took out by any blocker who touches him. Ruud does all the little things good but the things that he should be doing great to become a top MLB in this league, he doesn't do.

+1

Most people recognize the GM speak for what it was.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 26, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »

We have much more pressing needs on D than replacing Ruud. Many you don't realize that. I'm glad educated football guys like Kirwan, Ryan and Steve White realize it.

What was Kirwan's reason for giving Ruud an A-minus? And don't make yourself look like a fool by saying he doesn't follow this team close enough to give an educated opinion. Kirwan knows his stuff. You can't resort to GM Speak for Kirwan or Ryan.

And how about Tim Ryan?

http://www.joebucsfan.com

The caller suggested that the Bucs greatest need this offseason is to acquire, whether by trade, free agency (once the CBA is signed) or by draft, a middle linebacker, and the Bucs should let Ruud walk away.

Ryan quickly interrupted the caller before the poor fellow had a chance to finish a sentence, extorting, “No… no… no… ” before telling the caller the Bucs had far greater needs than replacing Ruud.

“Who is going to be the quarterback of your defense then? Who is going to call the plays on defense?” Ryan asked.

When the caller attempted to explain to Ryan that Ruud too often got run over by lesser running backs, Ryan would have none of it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #35 : January 26, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »

We have much more pressing needs on D than replacing Ruud. Many you don't realize that. I'm glad educated football guys like Kirwan, Ryan and Steve White realize it.
It's not just about the needs of this off season. The problem is once you give him a big contract, you're not just stuck with him for 2011, you're stuck with him for 2012, 2013, 2014, and beyond.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #36 : January 26, 2011, 10:27:34 PM »

It's not just about the needs of this off season. The problem is once you give him a big contract, you're not just stuck with him for 2011, you're stuck with him for 2012, 2013, 2014, and beyond.

Ding Ding Ding Ding.....Give the man a prize for the correct answer.

If we are rebuilding, then get him (a MLB) while we are rebuilding, not when we are ready to make the run.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #37 : January 26, 2011, 10:30:17 PM »

Eh, you pre-edit post was better.

I wonder what these educated football guys think Ruud is worth in FA.  I'm curious what a guy who grades so highly on a scale because his best qualities are simply being in position and calling the defense is worth on the open market.  Because the last reported number Ruud was looking for was $50M.  That's why a lot of fans don't think he's worth bringing back.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 26, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »

What do people honestly think would happen if Ruud left? We just saw half the established players on the team go on IR this season and the machine just kept humming along. Vincent out, Larsen in; Faine out, Zuttah in; Joseph out, Hardman in; Trueblood out, Lee in, Simms out, Woods/Okam in; Black out, Watson in; Jackson out; Grimm in; Grimm out, Lynch in; Talib out, Biggers in. Do people really think the train is going to totally derail without Ruud?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #39 : January 27, 2011, 12:23:23 AM »

this.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #40 : January 27, 2011, 05:55:46 AM »

The defense needs a vocal leader on the field and a player who will hold others accountability for missing tackles, gap integrity and light a fire under their a$$. I would much rather the team sign Stephen Tulloch, who is two years younger and more aggressive both on the field and as a vocal leader, then Ruud.  Tulloch stats are very comparable too Ruud's over the last two seasons and is a Miami kid.

Tulloch Stats
Tackles: 280
Passes Defensed: 7
Forced Fumbles: 0
Ints: 1

Ruud Stats
Tackles 262
Passes Defensed: 11
Forced Fumbles: 3
Ints: 2

For the money, my guess is that Tulloch would come cheaper. He is younger and more of what the Bucs need. An aggressive downhill tackler, who is a vocal leader and no nonsense type of player who had to earn his stripes after being taken in the fourth round of the 2006 draft. Tulloch who just turned 26 vs Ruud who will be 28 in a few months. Tolluch fits the youthful approach by Dominik and would allow for a veteran presence both on the field and in the locker room. But more importantly he plays with a nasty disposition and violent intentions when his is closing on ball carriers.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #41 : January 27, 2011, 06:04:51 AM »

Ding Ding Ding Ding.....Give the man a prize for the correct answer.

If we are rebuilding, then get him (a MLB) while we are rebuilding, not when we are ready to make the run.

That answer might make perfect sense to the Glazers and to Dominik but after a 10-6 season, do you think the fans would accept that answer if the Bucs took a major step backwards next season because they lost their QB of their defense and are trying to groom another? When is the last time you can recall a rookie MLB starting in a Tampa 2 defense? I can't.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #42 : January 27, 2011, 06:06:58 AM »

What do people honestly think would happen if Ruud left? We just saw half the established players on the team go on IR this season and the machine just kept humming along. Vincent out, Larsen in; Faine out, Zuttah in; Joseph out, Hardman in; Trueblood out, Lee in, Simms out, Woods/Okam in; Black out, Watson in; Jackson out; Grimm in; Grimm out, Lynch in; Talib out, Biggers in. Do people really think the train is going to totally derail without Ruud?

This!

I'd like to ask Tim Ryan, "when do you feel would be a good time to change your middle linebacker? By his line of thinking, we should never let Ruud go, because he calls the plays. So if Ruud were to get injured, would this defense cease to function? I doubt it!

Is there really a difference between a Veteran guy who has all the knowledge in the world on where to be, but can't make a play, OR a guy that has no idea where to be, but has the ability to do so?   IMO, you can teach a guy with ability, but there is little hope on a football field for a guy with knowledge and little ability.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

« #43 : January 27, 2011, 06:11:21 AM »

Don't the MLBs have a direct line of communication (radio) to their respective Coordinators like the QBs do? Couldn't a new MLB be just as effective calling the plays?

The quest for .500 begins...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #44 : January 27, 2011, 06:48:19 AM »

There groupthink on Ruud is mind blowing. People act like he's total crap. We've got Yucc asking for a guy who makes LESS plays than Ruud.

I've asked this before who are all the "impact" MLB's out there people love so much? Urlacher and Willis? Groovy, so we all know Ruud isn't one of the two best guys at his spot. Vilma might be the third best MLB in the NFL right now but then you get to guys like Ruud, Jones, Henderson, Tulloch, Lofton, Morrison and Tatupu of the world. Is Ruud better than that mass of guys? Don't know that he is but he's also not worse. If I could I'd dive into that pool and get whichever guy was cheapest because I don't see a lot of separation in raw quality there.

People have locked into this myth that the MLB is some sort of fire-breathing physical monster on every team (see above, they aren't) and then decided we need that sort of guy - hell they'll convinced themselves all 225 lbs of drag-down Nickerson was an enforcer - when that's not what we've had. Our most physical LB's were Duncan and Webster and neither really worked out all that well for us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kirwan Grades Ruud's Play This Season - A-minus « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools