Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

: January 26, 2011, 10:56:07 PM

Let's say our guy is at #10, the guy is a clear standout and everyone here is almost unanimously screaming to go get him because he'll be long gone before #20. How much would it cost us? What would you be willing to give up? Is a 2nd round pick reasonable and something you would do (let's just say you like the player).

Also, would anyone be opposed to trading up to #10 to draft Von Miller to play Will?

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2011, 10:59:47 PM

I don't want to trade period up period in the first round.. This draft is stacked at the position we need and someone will fall to us that fits into our plans.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 26, 2011, 11:23:25 PM

Probably not happening.
Here's the draft value chart:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Our pick at 20 is worth 850 points. The pick at 10 is worth 1300. Our second-round pick is higher and worth 390. So you're looking at dealing a 2nd and a 4th in addition to our first for the right to pick at 10.
That's a tough sell.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2011, 11:28:03 PM

I could definitely see them trading up. Just not that much. I only see them going up a few picks down if they think they have to.

jeanclaud

Starter

#4 : January 26, 2011, 11:33:17 PM

Trading to #10 doesn't really interest me, but if Quinn or Kerrigan last to 15 I wouldn't mind jumping Jacksonville to grab one of those guys.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2011, 11:37:44 PM

14 or 15 I can see. Beyond that becomes very tough.

In Verner We Trust

-ts

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 26, 2011, 11:52:55 PM

It's all about the price, I don't really think giving up picks higher than a 4th to move up is a good move and obviously moving up higher than a spot or so would cost more.

Imo you are better off getting someone like Justin Houston/Aldon Smith and having picks to select Romeus/another DE or a MLB or a RB or OL......

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 27, 2011, 12:35:41 AM

1. Carolina Panthers 4-3 Depends on what they do with Charles Johnson, also have Hardy, Norwood and Brown
2. Denver Broncos 3-4? Could use OLB opposite Dumervil if they stick with 3-4
3. Buffalo Bills 3-4 Could use pass rushing OLB

4. Cincinnati Bengals 4-3  Have Dunlap, Geathers, M. Johnson and Odom
5. Arizona Cardinals 3-4 Could use pass rushing OLB
6. Cleveland Browns 3-4 Could use a pass rushing OLB
7. San Francisco 49ers 3-4? Depends on what they do with Manny Lawson and if they stay in 3-4

8. Tennessee Titans 4-3 Just drafted Morgan in 2010 1st round
9. Dallas Cowboys 3-4 Have Spencer and Ware
10. Washington Redskins 3-4 Could use OLB opposite Orakpo
11. Houston Texans 3-4? Could use OLB opposite Cushing

12. Minnesota Vikings 4-3 Depends on what they do with Ray Edwards, still have Allen
13. Detroit Lions 4-3 Could use RE
14. St. Louis Rams 4-3 Could use RE

15. Miami Dolphins 3-4 Have Wake and Misi at OLB
16. Jacksonville Jaguars 4-3 Could use RE
17. Oakland Raiders (New England has first round pick) 3-4 Need an OLB opposite Cunningham
18. San Diego Chargers 3-4  Have Phillips and 2009 1st rounder English @ OLB
19. New York Giants 4-3 Have Osi, JPP and Tuck, could lose Kiwanuka

Red denotes more than 50% chance they take a 4-3 RE/3-4 OLB, IMHO.

10 is as high as I would personally like to trade up. We still have many holes on our roster.

Some of the highly ranked pass rushers in this draft:

3-4 OLBs

Quinn
Miller
Ayers
Kerrigan
Houston
Smith

4-3 REs

Bowers
Quinn
Kerrigan
Smith
Jordan
Beal

We could be looking at Kerrigan, Smith, Houston or Jordan if we trade up to 10. If we stay at 20 worst possible scenario looks like missing out an any of the highly ranked 4-3 DEs. :(
: January 27, 2011, 12:41:13 AM bullg8rdaddy

The quest for .500 begins...

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 27, 2011, 12:40:49 AM

I would be all for trading up to get Von Miller

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : January 27, 2011, 01:08:13 AM

1. Carolina Panthers 4-3 Depends on what they do with Charles Johnson, also have Hardy, Norwood and Brown
2. Denver Broncos 3-4? Could use OLB opposite Dumervil if they stick with 3-4
3. Buffalo Bills 3-4 Could use pass rushing OLB

4. Cincinnati Bengals 4-3  Have Dunlap, Geathers, M. Johnson and Odom
5. Arizona Cardinals 3-4 Could use pass rushing OLB
6. Cleveland Browns 3-4 Could use a pass rushing OLB
7. San Francisco 49ers 3-4? Depends on what they do with Manny Lawson and if they stay in 3-4

8. Tennessee Titans 4-3 Just drafted Morgan in 2010 1st round
9. Dallas Cowboys 3-4 Have Spencer and Ware
10. Washington Redskins 3-4 Could use OLB opposite Orakpo
11. Houston Texans 3-4? Could use OLB opposite Cushing

12. Minnesota Vikings 4-3 Depends on what they do with Ray Edwards, still have Allen
13. Detroit Lions 4-3 Could use RE
14. St. Louis Rams 4-3 Could use RE

15. Miami Dolphins 3-4 Have Wake and Misi at OLB
16. Jacksonville Jaguars 4-3 Could use RE
17. Oakland Raiders (New England has first round pick) 3-4 Need an OLB opposite Cunningham
18. San Diego Chargers 3-4  Have Phillips and 2009 1st rounder English @ OLB
19. New York Giants 4-3 Have Osi, JPP and Tuck, could lose Kiwanuka

Red denotes more than 50% chance they take a 4-3 RE/3-4 OLB, IMHO.

10 is as high as I would personally like to trade up. We still have many holes on our roster.

Some of the highly ranked pass rushers in this draft:

3-4 OLBs

Quinn
Miller
Ayers
Kerrigan
Houston
Smith

4-3 REs

Bowers
Quinn
Kerrigan
Smith
Jordan
Beal

We could be looking at Kerrigan, Smith, Houston or Jordan if we trade up to 10. If we stay at 20 worst possible scenario looks like missing out an any of the highly ranked 4-3 DEs. :(

This team isn't just one DE away from the superbowl, they are multiple positions away. No need to trade 3 or 4 picks to move up 10 spots.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 27, 2011, 01:15:58 AM

You are absolutely correct, sir. Still could upgrade our OL, LBs and Safeties.

IF the F.O. does trade up, I do think that they might need to definitely get ahead of Detroit and St. Louis, though. That will be real expensive for a team still looking to build up it's talent level on defense. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 27, 2011, 01:27:39 AM

This is how free agency factors into the picture. You can't get an elite DE where you're at. You're not going to get him later or you are taking a crapshoot at getting him in the lower rounds. Beyond the first six DEs drafted, how many double-digit sack DEs will come out of this draft? So  how do you get him?  Maybe trading up only two or three spots to get a Miller is the way to go. Or maybe you simply have to hope it all falls into place for you. Trading BACK may give you the chance to stockpile picks whereupon you have more chances to nab the ''sleeper'' player, the one who was a five or six-sack guy that is the exception, becomes the double-digit sack guy.
But I would guard against too much patience. The Bucs are NOT one player away. I agree. But they aren't 10 either. They could easily be a playoff team that wins a playoff game next year.

In Verner We Trust

tbb345

Starter
#12 : January 27, 2011, 01:51:43 AM

I don't think Detroit or St. Louis take DEs. St. Louis could use a WR wayyyyy more and will probably end up taking Julio Jones. Detroit might take a DE but I think they have more pressing issues with the LBs and DBs (I think they take Ayers personally).
I think we end up with one of Kerrigan/Clayborn/Houston if we stay at 20. I would only trade up to get Quinn and I am not sure he lasts past the top 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 27, 2011, 02:02:06 AM

I don't think Detroit or St. Louis take DEs. St. Louis could use a WR wayyyyy more and will probably end up taking Julio Jones. Detroit might take a DE but I think they have more pressing issues with the LBs and DBs (I think they take Ayers personally).
I think we end up with one of Kerrigan/Clayborn/Houston if we stay at 20. I would only trade up to get Quinn and I am not sure he lasts past the top 7

Also Detroit has needs at OL. They passed on it last year when they drafted Suh and Best.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#14 : January 27, 2011, 02:14:58 AM

You make a very good point, sir. STL would be wise to get a stud WR for Bradford to grow with and Detroit does have other pressing needs as well. I just highlighted them because both of their HCs are former DCs who had great D-lines at their previous spots and it wouldn't surprise me, personally, if they went DE in the first.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools