Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#135 : February 01, 2011, 03:05:58 PM

Draft class is kinda weak and by round 4 it will be slim pickens. 2010 was the deepest draft I've ever seen and I've been watching following the draft since the early to mid 90's.

So, just because the 2010 was strong that means 2011 is weak? How many more Juniors came out last year as compared to previous years? The answer, none. In 2008 53 Juniors declared for the draft. Guess how many declared in 2010, yup, 53. In 2009 there were less with only 46, but I doubt 7 players makes or breaks a draft. Now this draft might be weaker or stronger at certain positions, but it's not weaker just because last year was strong.

BW, it seems Mark Dominick's scouts disagree with you at least as far as DE's go. They think it's a very strong draft.

"When the Bucs put that question to their scouts last year, there was a consensus among them that this was going to be a very good year for defensive ends."
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/dominik-provides-peek-bucs-draft-strategy
Who said the 2011 is weaker because last year was strong? I certainly didn't, so stop trying to put words in my mouth. I said the 11 draft is weak and then made a GENERAL comment about last year draft being ridiculous in talent. I'd agree with the notion that THIS draft is better in depth with pass rushers but as an OVERALL draft class? It sucks.

2011 is a weak

The only strong positions here are DE's/OLB's and WR's. The QB prospects are shaky, the RB's beside Ingram aren't anything special, after Prince and Peterson the CB's are just "solid", offensive line prospects aren't that good either. No stand out tackle that will project as an elite, no interior players worth taking in the first round, and after 1 or 2 linebackers the rest are just latter prospects. The depth is just shaky across the board from LT's, Guards, centers, running backs, and cornerbacks. The talent level at the LB position is about the same though so its not a big drop off from Ayers to per say a guy like Martez Wilson.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#136 : February 01, 2011, 03:08:44 PM

I dont think we move up unless its for Quinn or Miller. I think we should be able to find a solid player if we stay where we are at. What about the idea of trading back a bit?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#137 : February 01, 2011, 03:16:37 PM

Last year's draft was special. Of course this draft is weaker, but it's not weak. It's average. It doesn't have  a lot of elite playmakers at the top, but it has a lot of 2nd and 3rd round round guys that have good odds at being starters in the NFL.

Personally I think this draft has more solid HB prospects than any draft in recent memory.

Draft Aaron Donald

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#138 : February 01, 2011, 03:55:17 PM

Draft class is kinda weak and by round 4 it will be slim pickens. 2010 was the deepest draft I've ever seen and I've been watching following the draft since the early to mid 90's.

So, just because the 2010 was strong that means 2011 is weak? How many more Juniors came out last year as compared to previous years? The answer, none. In 2008 53 Juniors declared for the draft. Guess how many declared in 2010, yup, 53. In 2009 there were less with only 46, but I doubt 7 players makes or breaks a draft. Now this draft might be weaker or stronger at certain positions, but it's not weaker just because last year was strong.

BW, it seems Mark Dominick's scouts disagree with you at least as far as DE's go. They think it's a very strong draft.

"When the Bucs put that question to their scouts last year, there was a consensus among them that this was going to be a very good year for defensive ends."
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/dominik-provides-peek-bucs-draft-strategy
Who said the 2011 is weaker because last year was strong? I certainly didn't, so stop trying to put words in my mouth. I said the 11 draft is weak and then made a GENERAL comment about last year draft being ridiculous in talent. I'd agree with the notion that THIS draft is better in depth with pass rushers but as an OVERALL draft class? It sucks.

2011 is a weak

The only strong positions here are DE's/OLB's and WR's. The QB prospects are shaky, the RB's beside Ingram aren't anything special, after Prince and Peterson the CB's are just "solid", offensive line prospects aren't that good either. No stand out tackle that will project as an elite, no interior players worth taking in the first round, and after 1 or 2 linebackers the rest are just latter prospects. The depth is just shaky across the board from LT's, Guards, centers, running backs, and cornerbacks. The talent level at the LB position is about the same though so its not a big drop off from Ayers to per say a guy like Martez Wilson.

Don't get so defensive, it was a question not a statement. But I think you are wrong that this draft is weak, despite your many years of experience in watching the draft.  ::) I think the players available in the 4th round would be considered better than "slim pickens". I can remember many years being called weak only to turn out more HoF's than supposed "strong" drafts. But to each his own and I guess we just disagree.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

thanson

Starter

#139 : February 01, 2011, 05:05:07 PM

Trade down!....we have a  good team....now its time to start getting good backups and move some of our backups to starters.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#140 : February 01, 2011, 05:39:28 PM

Trade down!....we have a  good team....now its time to start getting good backups and move some of our backups to starters.

such as whom?  trade down next year...trade up this year if there is a DE worth it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#141 : February 01, 2011, 06:17:46 PM

Last year's draft was special. Of course this draft is weaker, but it's not weak. It's average. It doesn't have  a lot of elite playmakers at the top, but it has a lot of 2nd and 3rd round round guys that have good odds at being starters in the NFL.

Personally I think this draft has more solid HB prospects than any draft in recent memory.
There aren't many sure-bet prospects. Class reminds me of 2005.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#142 : February 01, 2011, 06:24:44 PM

There aren't many sure-bet prospects. Class reminds me of 2005.
I hope it's like 2005 as that draft produced a ton of good players in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds. I tend to think this is more like 2007.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#143 : February 01, 2011, 06:49:28 PM

2007 would be nice, I would love another Tanard Jackson in the 4th and Quincy Black is a solid role player and great Special teams player. And hey, we also took the highest rated most glamour DE in that draft with the #4 pick. How did that turn out? The DE was a bust and the 3rd and 4th rounders from that weak draft are solid NFLers (If one could stay clean)

It's clear the Bucs want to find a DE. It is also very clear that Dom and company (as per their quotes) think this is a very deep draft for DE. Very deep at the position you need means stay put or trade down (which I doubt) not give up picks. Also, very weak at QB? Your kidding right? There will probably be more Qb's taken in the 1st round this year than in many years past. There may not be a clear #1 like last year, but after Bradford, there was garbage at QB. The year before, after Freeman, there was garbage (many though after Sanchez back then). Up to 4 QB's could go in the 1st round this year and with Ponders recent performance in the Senior bowl, maybe 5. I think you are also way off on the CB's too. Heck, I'd absolutely LOVE to get a "solid" CB in the 3rd or 4th round.

In the end, like I said above, I guess we just disagree and thats cool. We'll see how it unfolds.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools