Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

tbb345

Starter
#15 : January 27, 2011, 05:16:07 AM

OK guys I think this is the top 10 as of now....
1. Fairley
2. Bowers
3. Peterson
4. AJ Green
5/ Von Miller
6. Dareus
7. Amukamara
8. Blaine Gabbert
9. Cam Jordan
10. Jake Locker

If this happens, I think the Bucs shoud consider trading up to 11 to take Robert Quinn. If not then I think a logical trade up is with the Dolphins to take Ryan Kerrigan. I think the Dolphins will take Cam Newton and none of the teams from 16-19 are looking to take a QB. I think a 4th rounder this year and one next year would suffice to move up from 20 to 15

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 27, 2011, 06:16:23 AM

Would rather stand pat at 20, rather then be hemorrhaging the future for just one player. The Bucs are currently still in a rebuilding process albeit one that got a huge boost this past season with shrewd drafting and the acquisition of players from other practice squads and cast offs. The ability of Dominik, Dennis Hickey (whom I previously heavily heaped blame on for past draft debacles), Morris and the rest of the teams scouts over the past two drafts have done a remarkable job at restocking the talent on the team in short order. Giving up potentially a second rounder and a fourth rounder to move up would be the exact opposite of how the team is trying to build the talent base of its roster.     

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 27, 2011, 06:19:42 AM

OK guys I think this is the top 10 as of now....
1. Fairley
2. Bowers
3. Peterson
4. AJ Green
5/ Von Miller
6. Dareus
7. Amukamara
8. Blaine Gabbert
9. Cam Jordan
10. Jake Locker

If this happens, I think the Bucs shoud consider trading up to 11 to take Robert Quinn. If not then I think a logical trade up is with the Dolphins to take Ryan Kerrigan. I think the Dolphins will take Cam Newton and none of the teams from 16-19 are looking to take a QB. I think a 4th rounder this year and one next year would suffice to move up from 20 to 15

One team I think might surprise  everyone is the Patriots. They were rumored to be in love with Josh Johnson and Tim Tebow the past several drafts. With the Patriots holding two first. I would not put it past them to draft Newton at 19 and trade their other first rounder for more picks.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#18 : January 27, 2011, 06:21:50 AM

Yuc, what if we got back the 10th overall, a 3rd and a 5th in return for our 1st, 2nd and 4th?

/devils advocate  ;)

The quest for .500 begins...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 27, 2011, 07:02:45 AM

The only thing you are assured with getting the 10th pick is having to spend double the money to sign the player. There is no guarantee that a player chosen 20th wont be able to produce just as good or if not better or vice verse  Having more picks lessen the burden on one player having to be the savior or looked upon as the savior. The talent drop from the 2nd round to the 3rd round is greater in this years draft then last and the same holds true with the 4th to the fifth round.

If anything I would like to see Dominik in the coming years be able to start stockpiling picks like the Patriots do. There's a  reason the Patriots always seem to draft well. Its not because Belichick is that much greater then everyone else at drafting. It's because he usually has stock piled picks in the 2nd - 4th rounds and doesn't have to answer questions about high draft picks not succeeding on the field. 

Since 2006 the Patriots have had a total of 51 draft picks. Broken down by round. (Numbers of players still team)
1st: 4 (3)
2nd: 9 (7)
3rd: 6 (2)
4th: 6 (4)
5th: 5 (2)
6th: 12 (1)
7th:9 (4)

So, 41% of the Patriots draft picks since 2006 have come from rounds 2-4 with 61% of them from those rounds still on the Patriots roster or 25% of the current Patriots roster is made up by a group of 2-4th rounders from 2006-2010 . Through rounds 5-7 the Patriots have picked 26 players or 51% of the Patriots total number of picks since 2006 out of those 26 players only 7 remain or 27% of the 51% and just 14% of the total number of players were chosen between round 5-7. The Patriots have only 8% of their total number of 51 being drafted in round 1 and 75% of those are still with the team.

Oliver Goldsmith

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 27, 2011, 10:18:43 AM

What would it take to move up to 15? I'd love to move up and get Kerrigan there, or another stud DE.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 27, 2011, 10:24:15 AM

probably a 3rd

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 27, 2011, 10:30:40 AM

I just don't see the massive improvement in talent to move up. The Buc's need to be hitting on every pick, not trading them away.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 27, 2011, 02:43:14 PM

Trade up!! You don't "settle" for the average DE prospect when you can get a SPECIAL player. Basically, the ones that wanna stay pat at #20 want to draft a guy with low potential to be a beast. Screw that mindset. If the opportunity is there and lets say Robert Quinn is there, make the deal and don't think twice. Quinn was projected as a top 5 pick and has Simeon Rice like ability. Aldon Smith might fall within the top 15 due to injury history so I'm not worried about getting to #10. Maybe 13 or 14 or so....

Trading picks away isn't THAT big of a deal if you used it to grab a potentially an elite player. First of all, we have FREE AGENCY to take care of little needs like offensive line depth, linebacker depth, cornerback depth, and possibly DE. Second, with the way they've been plucking people from UDFA it makes picks a lot more accessible to trade away since we can find gems.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 27, 2011, 02:56:57 PM

No WAY the Buccaneers trade away their 2 pick.
That's not how they're building this team. They might move a day three pick
to move up to get someone they have to have a couple of picks ahead of them though.
But we're keeping 1- 4 unless those picks are traded for another pick in the same round as
part of a package.

That's what I think so it must be true.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 27, 2011, 03:20:59 PM

Then forget Kerrigan, Quinn or any major upgrade at DE, Garv. We'll be stuck with mediocre DEs for another season.
And let's make this clear about New England: they have hit on a lot of picks, but their defense is FAR from elite. For that matter, they have a LOT of offensive holes. Brady covers up those holes nicely. But put Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan on the Patriots and they win 10 or 11 games. They have that nice quirk of owning Pittsburgh because of Brady, but they lost two of three to the Jets (including a HOME playoff game), they lost a home playoff game to the Ravens last year and they haven't won it all since the 2004 season. They have done everything right and yet have had SIX consecutive seasons without a title.
IMHO PIttsburgh is a better model and more along the lines of what we need to emulate. Plenty of pass rushers at LB and on the line. That's why I wouldn't mind trading up a few spots if a Miller falls, then go for a Roemus type later AND pick up an Edwards type as an FA. Pressure to creat turnovers.

In Verner We Trust

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 27, 2011, 04:06:16 PM

Then forget Kerrigan, Quinn or any major upgrade at DE, Garv. We'll be stuck with mediocre DEs for another season.
And let's make this clear about New England: they have hit on a lot of picks, but their defense is FAR from elite. For that matter, they have a LOT of offensive holes. Brady covers up those holes nicely. But put Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan on the Patriots and they win 10 or 11 games. They have that nice quirk of owning Pittsburgh because of Brady, but they lost two of three to the Jets (including a HOME playoff game), they lost a home playoff game to the Ravens last year and they haven't won it all since the 2004 season. They have done everything right and yet have had SIX consecutive seasons without a title.
IMHO PIttsburgh is a better model and more along the lines of what we need to emulate. Plenty of pass rushers at LB and on the line. That's why I wouldn't mind trading up a few spots if a Miller falls, then go for a Roemus type later AND pick up an Edwards type as an FA. Pressure to creat turnovers.
Exactly. This a QB driven league. Hell for years, Peyton Manning has been carrying the Colts sorry as D for years.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 27, 2011, 05:05:56 PM

Without their two stud DEs, Indy would have never won a Super Bowl. Freeney might be a Hall of Famer. When Brady won his last Super Bowl, all the old defensive pieces were in place in New England. They got old and then they left (either via FA, trade or retirement). They are in the process of turning it around, but they're not there yet. Frankly we may be closer to winning it all than they are. Our young stud QB is on the way up. Brady MAY have played his best ball already. Injuries are beginning to ravage Brady. And if they draft WRs now, will he still be great when they develop?

In Verner We Trust

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 27, 2011, 06:27:17 PM

Without their two stud DEs, Indy would have never won a Super Bowl. Freeney might be a Hall of Famer. When Brady won his last Super Bowl, all the old defensive pieces were in place in New England. They got old and then they left (either via FA, trade or retirement). They are in the process of turning it around, but they're not there yet. Frankly we may be closer to winning it all than they are. Our young stud QB is on the way up. Brady MAY have played his best ball already. Injuries are beginning to ravage Brady. And if they draft WRs now, will he still be great when they develop?
Individual players don't make a TEAM defense. Sure they had "studs" but that defense sucked annually. Especially against the run.

Before Freeney developed into a HOF player, Manning carried their team and he still does till this day.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 27, 2011, 08:47:46 PM

Trade up!! You don't "settle" for the average DE prospect when you can get a SPECIAL player. Basically, the ones that wanna stay pat at #20 want to draft a guy with low potential to be a beast. Screw that mindset. If the opportunity is there and lets say Robert Quinn is there, make the deal and don't think twice. Quinn was projected as a top 5 pick and has Simeon Rice like ability. Aldon Smith might fall within the top 15 due to injury history so I'm not worried about getting to #10. Maybe 13 or 14 or so....

Trading picks away isn't THAT big of a deal if you used it to grab a potentially an elite player. First of all, we have FREE AGENCY to take care of little needs like offensive line depth, linebacker depth, cornerback depth, and possibly DE. Second, with the way they've been plucking people from UDFA it makes picks a lot more accessible to trade away since we can find gems.

You mean like Gaines Adams?

This team is not a single player away nor just 2 or 3 from perennial true contender. This is not the time to gamble it all on one supposed sure thing. And I don't think any of the DE prospects are sure things.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools