Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 27, 2011, 09:00:25 PM

BTW I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many top ten picks are in the top ten for # of sacks this year?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#31 : January 27, 2011, 09:01:42 PM

Loaded question?

Ware = 11th pick
Hali = 20th pick
Wake = UDFA
Matthews = 26th
Abraham = 13th
Babin = 27th
Umenyiora = 56th
Tuck = 74th
C. Johnson = 83rd
Suggs = 10th

Small sample size, though.  :P
: January 27, 2011, 09:07:10 PM bullg8rdaddy

The quest for .500 begins...

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 27, 2011, 09:10:25 PM

Loaded question?

of course

Suggs in 10th place with 11 sacks

If we extend it out to the top 20 sackers in the NFL we can add one more top 10 pick
Suh in 20th place with 10 sacks.

Looks like a top 10 pick at DE is not needed. In fact, of the 9 top  DE's taken with or before the 10th pick since 2006, Mario Williams is the only one (DE) to crack the top 25 sackers in 2010 at the 25th spot with 8.5 sacks.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#33 : January 27, 2011, 09:13:02 PM

Loaded question?

Ware = 11th pick
Hali = 20th pick
Wake = UDFA
Matthews = 26th
Abraham = 13th
Babin = 27th
Umenyiora = 56th
Tuck = 74th
C. Johnson = 83rd
Suggs = 10th

Small sample size, though.  :P

The quest for .500 begins...

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#34 : January 27, 2011, 09:18:42 PM

Is von miller really worth trading up for? Kerrigan in my mind yes:D

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 27, 2011, 09:20:53 PM

Without their two stud DEs, Indy would have never won a Super Bowl. Freeney might be a Hall of Famer. When Brady won his last Super Bowl, all the old defensive pieces were in place in New England. They got old and then they left (either via FA, trade or retirement). They are in the process of turning it around, but they're not there yet. Frankly we may be closer to winning it all than they are. Our young stud QB is on the way up. Brady MAY have played his best ball already. Injuries are beginning to ravage Brady. And if they draft WRs now, will he still be great when they develop?
Individual players don't make a TEAM defense. Sure they had "studs" but that defense sucked annually. Especially against the run.

Before Freeney developed into a HOF player, Manning carried their team and he still does till this day.
The Colts went 6-10 the year before they drafted him. Try again.

In Verner We Trust

Garv

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 27, 2011, 09:24:13 PM

Well, fortunately it's a moot question. The Buccaneers will not trade a 2 OR 3 pick to move up
to draft anyone. They don't have to, will not want to and will not. Why? They'd rather keep the picks
and continue doing what they've done so very well the last couple of years. No enough? OK......
Because I said so.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 27, 2011, 09:26:52 PM

Well, fortunately it's a moot question. The Buccaneers will not trade a 2 OR 3 pick to move up
to draft anyone. They don't have to, will not want to and will not. Why? They'd rather keep the picks
and continue doing what they've done so very well the last couple of years. No enough? OK......
Because I said so.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

Well, they haven't been shy about trading up to get their guy in the previous two drafts. (Freeman and Benn)

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 27, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Without their two stud DEs, Indy would have never won a Super Bowl. Freeney might be a Hall of Famer. When Brady won his last Super Bowl, all the old defensive pieces were in place in New England. They got old and then they left (either via FA, trade or retirement). They are in the process of turning it around, but they're not there yet. Frankly we may be closer to winning it all than they are. Our young stud QB is on the way up. Brady MAY have played his best ball already. Injuries are beginning to ravage Brady. And if they draft WRs now, will he still be great when they develop?
Individual players don't make a TEAM defense. Sure they had "studs" but that defense sucked annually. Especially against the run.

Before Freeney developed into a HOF player, Manning carried their team and he still does till this day.

lol they drafted him in 2002

in 2001 yes they went 6-10
in 2000 they went 10-6
and 1999 they went 13-3

I also wonder, was the turnaround in 2002 Freeney or maybe that other new guy they got, what was his name, oh yeah, Dungy.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 27, 2011, 09:28:42 PM

Because I said so.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

Well, they haven't been shy about trading up to get their guy in the previous two drafts. (Freeman and Benn)

But neither into the top 10 and neither cost significant picks. Moving from 20 to 10 will cost at least one extra should be starter.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 27, 2011, 09:29:15 PM

Because I said so.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

Sure, but not by using picks from the first three rounds. That's an important distinction,

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 27, 2011, 09:32:05 PM

Because I said so.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

Sure, but not by using picks from the first three rounds. That's an important distinction,

Yes, but it still shows they have the "get your guy mentality" rather than just waiting and hoping. Things can happen during draft day, people fall under pressure, a 3rd round pick could be on the table.  ;)

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 27, 2011, 09:40:19 PM

Because I said so.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

Yes, but it still shows they have the "get your guy mentality" rather than just waiting and hoping. Things can happen during draft day, people fall under pressure, a 3rd round pick could be on the table.  ;)

It also states that they won't overpay for their man either. Sorry none of the DE's are worth multiple picks. Bowers or Quinn are not worth, IMHO, a 1st and 3rd.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 27, 2011, 11:23:56 PM

in 2000 they went 10-6
and 1999 they went 13-3

I also wonder, was the turnaround in 2002 Freeney or maybe that other new guy they got, what was his name, oh yeah, Dungy.
LOL. I think that guy should take is own advice and "Try Again". LMAO

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 27, 2011, 11:42:13 PM

in 2000 they went 10-6
and 1999 they went 13-3

LOL. I think that guy should take is own advice and "Try Again". LMAO
Typical Dungy Lovers' response. I know what their record was before Freeney. I brought it up on purpose because Dungy Lovers conveniently forget, making it seem like Dungy did something wonderful. Well, what he did wonderful was buy LOW. He never would have gotten Freeney had Mora not had that one bad year. But Freeney and Mathis gave Indy the pass rush that made the rest of the defense look better (and yes, Sanders too, but he can't stay healthy most of the time).
So you BOTH can try again. He had cap room, picks, the QB already in place for a decade. Why did they win the playoff game in Baltimore though? Defense. Without that game, no titles for Peyton.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading to #10 from #20 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools