Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper 2005 Re-draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

jbear

Pro Bowler

#45 : January 29, 2011, 01:15:21 AM

When you're drafted top five, you're brought in to change the fortunes of the franchise.  Period.  Carnell Williams failed, and you're the only person on the planet who doesn't think he qualifies as a disappointment.  It sounds like he's your favorite player, and your posts are obviously clouded by your bias.  If you browse my posting history, you won't find my "hypercritical evaluations" about any other Buccaneer.  And I'm the first to admit, Carnell had his best season in 2010.  I've even gone as far to say I'd like him back next year to reprise his role.

But he wasn't drafted to catch passes and carry the ball eight times a game.  He was drafted to be the guy who tops the rushing charts year-in and year-out.

You have to consider that intentions don't determine success.  We know the odds are stacked against us when we draft any player. We intend 7th round picks to do all kinds of crazy things, the only thing that changes with the round a player is drafted in is that the odds of them actually doing it (Supposedly) get better.  A draft pick is actually a success at a level far less than what we intended (hoped) the pick would do and thats just because we know the odds. Are they productive?  Did the draftpick help the team win football games?  Sure, Cadillac was drafted to do all kinds of things just like everybody else.  Where is Cedrick Benson?  Has Ronnie Brown really helped the Dolphins so much more than the Caddy has helped us?  Odds man... your ignoring the odds and going only with a twelve year old kids wish that all high draftpicks are probowlers.

If you want to go on believing that 9 out of 10 things you do are failrures knock yourself out.  Its all symantics anyway.  "What does disappointment mean?" "Failure?"  We obvioulsy don't agree.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 29, 2011, 08:59:37 AM

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this.  Lets just move on to your hatred of John Gruden and Bruce Allen.

And whats with this starting 50 games BS.  You have to be far beyond a huge disappointment to start 50 games in the NFL.  You fail at logic.

Jesus Christ, it's Jon Gruden.  And you're a moron if you think Butch Woolfolk, Charles Alexander, John Cappelletti, and the like were successful NFL players.  They all started more than 50 games, and they were all miserable failures despite their longevity.  You can't tell me that Cadillac's 612 rushing yards per season average is what we we're expecting when we drafted him in 2005.

Stop arguing with me.  You're clearly out of your league.  And you're seriously embarrassing yourself.

+1 for Blaze.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#47 : January 29, 2011, 09:07:22 AM

Butch Woolfolk, Charles Alexander, John Cappelletti...    None of those guys were rookie of the year and led their team (almost single handedly) to the playoffs their rookie year.   Caddy has been better than any of them.

(I liked Cappy as well though...  I was a fan of his when I was young.)

kjbugman

Starter

#48 : January 29, 2011, 10:06:34 AM

30 pro bowlers from that year. Sounds like a good draft class to me.

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : January 29, 2011, 03:31:18 PM

Butch Woolfolk, Charles Alexander, John Cappelletti...    None of those guys were rookie of the year and led their team (almost single handedly) to the playoffs their rookie year.   Caddy has been better than any of them.

(I liked Cappy as well though...  I was a fan of his when I was young.)

70 yds per game, his rookie average, isn't leading a team anywhere. Me thinks having the #1 defense might have had a lil more to do with it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper 2005 Re-draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools