Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 27, 2011, 09:02:51 PM

no HC can win without a QB.  Personally I think Fisher is pretty much as good as any in the league if he has the talent..

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 27, 2011, 09:23:49 PM

no HC can win without a QB.  Personally I think Fisher is pretty much as good as any in the league if he has the talent..

Rex Ryan is.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 27, 2011, 09:26:25 PM

Wonder if the Niners, Dolphins, Panthers,  Broncos, or Raiders would have hired him if the Titans fired him sooner.

Every one of them would have to have considered him. This is a top notch HC and though he may remain team-less
this year, I expect him to be back after that if and when he wants to.

Agreed.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 27, 2011, 09:31:10 PM

Wonder if the Niners, Dolphins, Panthers,  Broncos, or Raiders would have hired him if the Titans fired him sooner.

Every one of them would have to have considered him. This is a top notch HC and though he may remain team-less
this year, I expect him to be back after that if and when he wants to.

Agreed.

Can someone explain how he is a top notch coach, honestly. What has he accomplished?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 27, 2011, 09:34:28 PM

Can someone explain how he is a top notch coach, honestly. What has he accomplished?
It's not so much his accomplishments but just that he seems to get as much out of his players as they have to give, his team is always prepared, and always plays hard.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 27, 2011, 09:37:01 PM

And yet only has 6 winning seasons in 16 years.  Most overrated coach in the league.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 27, 2011, 09:38:00 PM

17 years with the Titans

6 losing seasons
5 season of 8 and 8
6 total playoff births
3 division titles
1 AFC title
and a losing record in the playoffs of 5 and 6

I don't get it, anyplace else he would have been fired years ago.

FRG - That is all well and good. But for every other team in the NFL that is not good enough. If he was in Tampa, even if he got the best out the players and they were always prepared, he would have been burned in effigy years ago. I think he has made plenty of errors that he should be held accountable for too.

I think he is a good coach and all, I just don't classify him as some HoF coach.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Garv

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 27, 2011, 09:43:03 PM

It's not so much his accomplishments but just that he seems to get as much out of his players as they have to give, his team is always prepared, and always plays hard.

Though still young, the man has coached his teams to over 140 wins in the NFL.
I don't think anyone with the possible exception of some message board posters would deny
he would be at the top of a lot of team's lists for HC were there any openings,
Don't think so? Wait until a year from now and we'll type about it again.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 27, 2011, 09:48:00 PM

I don't think anyone with the possible exception of some message board posters would deny

Though still young, the man has coached his teams to 120 losses in the NFL.  You coach long enough, you're going to get a lot of wins, and a lot of losses.  A career .542 record is nothing amazing.  He's the Paris Hilton of coaching, he's considered great because he's been a coach so long, not because of anything he's done.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 27, 2011, 09:48:51 PM

17 years with the Titans

6 total playoff births

His wife gave birth six times during the playoffs? Amazing!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 27, 2011, 09:49:02 PM

With over 120 losses, that is barely over a .500 winning percentage.

And again, I said he is a good coach, but not a HoF like some here are acting like. His record shows it, he is slightly above average but with a good reputation. yes he will get another gig, lets see how well he does there.

: January 27, 2011, 09:51:10 PM SepeBucs

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 27, 2011, 09:49:55 PM

17 years with the Titans

6 total playoff births

His wife gave birth six times during the playoffs? Amazing!

LOL!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 27, 2011, 09:52:15 PM

17 years with the Titans

6 losing seasons
5 season of 8 and 8
6 total playoff births
3 division titles
1 AFC title

FRG - That is all well and good. But for every other team in the NFL that is not good enough. If he was in Tampa, even if he got the best out the players and they were always prepared, he would have been burned in effigy years ago. I think he has made plenty of errors that he should be held accountable for too.

I think he is a good coach and all, I just don't classify him as some HoF coach.
Yeah, but can you really say that any of his teams should have done more than they did? He only ever had one real quarterback, and when things were humming they won playoff games in 3 out of 5 years. And the AFC was really strong back then. Some of those playoff games against Baltimore were just wars and then you had the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers to deal with, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 27, 2011, 09:55:07 PM

Agree. Have any of his teams underachieved?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 27, 2011, 09:57:32 PM

17 years with the Titans

6 losing seasons
5 season of 8 and 8
6 total playoff births
3 division titles
1 AFC title

Yeah, but can you really say that any of his teams should have done more than they did? He only ever had one real quarterback, and when things were humming they won playoff games in 3 out of 5 years. And the AFC was really strong back then. Some of those playoff games against Baltimore were just wars and then you had the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers to deal with, too.

So in 17 years, you say he didn't have the players to achieve great things, who was the person responsible for picking those players again? I guess Fisher had zero say in any draft pick, is that what your saying?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools