Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 27, 2011, 09:57:51 PM

Though still young, the man has coached his teams to 120 losses in the NFL.  You coach long enough, you're going to get a lot of wins, and a lot of losses.  A career .542 record is nothing amazing.  He's the Paris Hilton of coaching, he's considered great because he's been a coach so long, not because of anything he's done.
He's more like the Alec Baldwin of coaching. Everyone likes him and thinks he does a good job, but he's not in the same league as Tom Hanks and Brad Pitt. Let me ask you a question, though, if the Titans got that one extra yard and beat the Rams for the Super Bowl, would your opinion of him be different? I try not to let one game affect how I view people. I view coaches like Fisher, John Fox, and Andy Reid in the same light as Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, and other lower level Super Bowl coaches. They're all basically the same guy, some just got a few breaks at the right times.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : January 27, 2011, 09:58:33 PM

Yeah, but can you really say that any of his teams should have done more than they did? He only ever had one real quarterback,

Shouldn't you be shredding him then, for failing to secure one?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 27, 2011, 10:02:25 PM

So in 17 years, you say he didn't have the players to achieve great things, who was the person responsible for picking those players again? I guess Fisher had zero say in any draft pick, is that what your saying?
I honestly don't know but it's hard to believe a coach can be with one team for so long and not have a pretty big say over personnel. I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy; I'm just trying to explain what I think the people that like him see in him. I think people view his teams' shortcomings as management problems and not coaching problems.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 27, 2011, 10:03:39 PM

It's amazing how Mangini keeps getting these oppertunities. The guy totally sucks as a head coach.

good Lord, i agree with the "dude".

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 27, 2011, 10:07:17 PM

The other side, someone here said Coach B was a candidate for the job. If by chance he got it, I wonder if he has any buddies on the Bucs staff he would want to promote onto the Titans?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 27, 2011, 10:12:54 PM

142-120 career coaching record, top 20 all time in head coaching wins, and people are questioning him?  And the only HOF player he had was on Offensive Lineman.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 27, 2011, 10:19:43 PM

Yeah, but can you really say that any of his teams should have done more than they did? He only ever had one real quarterback,

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 27, 2011, 10:28:18 PM

A smiley deflection? Impressive. I guess holding the coach responsible for the personnel he's working with is selectively applied.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 27, 2011, 10:32:30 PM

seriously, if he never had a QB, then it's his fault for not recognizing that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 27, 2011, 10:44:52 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to.  The organization drafted Steve McNair 3rd overall the first year Fisher took over.  They had their franchise QB for 11 seasons in McNair.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 27, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

From what I've heard and read, Vince Young basically was forced onto the team by the owner Bud Adams. He also guided a team that moved from one town to another without a home stadium for a year and they didn't completely fold. I guess the best thing I could say about Fisher is as a fan you always think you have a chance with him as a coach. Since Lovie Smith with the Bears only has a year left on his contract and there is no way the Bears will get as fortunate next season as they did in this one, if I'm the owner of the Bears I'm on the phone with Fisher tomorrow.
: January 27, 2011, 10:53:19 PM Tampa Bay Todd

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 27, 2011, 10:55:06 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I'm referring to FRG's argument that implied coach Fisher lacked the players to go very far. Shouldn't he be held accountable for the players he coaches? Because FRG has certainly taken the position before that the coach is responsible.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 27, 2011, 10:56:50 PM

Illuminator wins.  He was spot on.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 27, 2011, 10:59:24 PM

Does Fisher coach D Line? ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 27, 2011, 11:04:05 PM

All I know is, Raheem betterwin us a Superbowl.  That is the bar that is set for him.  And it better happen soon, based on fickle fans, and monstrous expectations.

If not Rah, then someone else.

Thank goodness for Freeman.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools