Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #60 : January 29, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »

LOL you're so funny Briggett. I guess you have to play your little word semantics games. Yes your right, nobody said the word HoF. But again, as you ignored, it is very clear that people were making such insinuations and comparisons. If you disagreed with it, then fine, live with it, no need to get all huffy and puffy again. Debating alone and argument never made (If it was never made, who is the argument with? Duh) is the same thing, just different words, geesch. BTW, it's not that I now agree he is a good coach like you said, I said he was a good, but not great, coach well before you even arrived in this thread. So please don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back, you didn't change any opinions here, like usual.

And btw, I'm not arguing with anyone, this is what is known as a civil discussion, well until you arrived. I know it's hard for you to recognize as you apparently can't seem to ever have one. Just an observation.  Do with it what you will.  ::)

Fisher is a good to average coach that will get another coaching opportunity, just like so many good, average and even poor coaches do in the NFL. But despite being in the top 20 for # of wins, he is not some great coach. A great coach would have won a SB in 17 years or at least challenged for it more than once. Heck, he only had 6 playoffs seasons, that's 11 years without a playoff game. That's success? And spare me "bad players" junk. He picked PacMan, he picked all his players. Worst case he was forced to take Vince, one player in 17 drafts. The Titians were a mess before Vince arrived. That was Fishers fault as much as it was anyone else in that organization if not more. Fisher is just an average to good coach, nothing more.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #61 : January 29, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »

But again, as you ignored, it is very clear that people were making such insinuations and comparisons.

No, no they weren't.  You simply misread "top coaching candidate" for "HOF coach"  and now all butthurt again.  Just give it up and move on.

Seriously, quit trying to talk trash.  You are quite lame at it.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #62 : January 29, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »

But again, as you ignored, it is very clear that people were making such insinuations and comparisons.

No, no they weren't.  You simply misread "top coaching candidate" for "HOF coach"  and now all butthurt again.  Just give it up and move on.

Seriously, quit trying to talk trash.  You are quite lame at it.

Seriously, maybe you need to seek counseling or just come out of the closet already. Your fascination with activities involving the male butt are getting worrisome. But besides that, you really are funny you know that. Thanks for brightening up my day.  ;D :D ;) :)

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #63 : January 29, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »

I looked up annoying in Webster's and this thread popped up. ...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #64 : January 29, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »

I looked up annoying in Webster's and this thread popped up. ...
BURN! :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #65 : January 29, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »

142-120 career coaching record, top 20 all time in head coaching wins, and people are questioning him?  And the only HOF player he had was on Offensive Lineman.

here are his real stats. They speak for themselves.

11th most losses in NFL history
59th best winning percentage
19th most wins
14th most games coached
77th for average finish in the division
54th best winning percentage in the playoffs

Did I post fake stats or something?

Well, his overall record is 147-126 not 142-120 (his regular season record.) still his winning percentage is 53.85%.

Now is 53.85% that much worse than 56.83%-Parcells or 57.10%-Noll or 56.69%-JJohnson or 54.05%-guess who or 56.20%-Marv Levy??

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #66 : January 29, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »

142-120 career coaching record, top 20 all time in head coaching wins, and people are questioning him?  And the only HOF player he had was on Offensive Lineman.

19th most wins
14th most games coached

Well, his overall record is 147-126 not 142-120 (his regular season record.) still his winning percentage is 53.85%.

Now is 53.85% that much worse than 56.83%-Parcells or 57.10%-Noll or 56.69%-JJohnson or 54.05%-guess who or 56.20%-Marv Levy??

JG, while Fishers winning percentage during the regular season is nice, winning in the playoffs is what separates the average and good coaches from the very good to great coaches. Is Fishers playoff winning percentage of .455 the same as or Johnson’s .692, Knoll’s .667 or Levy’s or Parcell’s .579?  Fisher is a notch below these coaches you listed and IMHO not on par with them.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #67 : January 29, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »

Fisher's been the beneficiary, good or bad, of an owner willing to stick through a lot of mediocrity in performance for the occasional gem season. Had Fisher coached in a lot of other organizations, right or wrong, he'd have been dismissed in all likelihood and possibly more than once.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #68 : January 30, 2011, 12:39:10 AM »

It's kinda the same thing as Del Rio. Many years of mediocrity, but consistency. The question is do you really think any other coach would have produced any better record?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #69 : January 30, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »

19th most wins
14th most games coached

JG, while Fishers winning percentage during the regular season is nice, winning in the playoffs is what separates the average and good coaches from the very good to great coaches. Is Fishers playoff winning percentage of .455 the same as or Johnson’s .692, Knoll’s .667 or Levy’s or Parcell’s .579?  Fisher is a notch below these coaches you listed and IMHO not on par with them.
That's where the quarterback thing comes into play. When Parcells had Phil Simms, young Drew Bledsoe, and reborn Vinnie Testaverde, he won a lot of playoff games. Same with Jimmie Johnson and Troy Aikman, Noll with Bradshaw, and Levy with Kelly. When Fisher had McNair playing at a high level, he had a good playoff record. When he had Kerry Collins and Vince Young, not so much.

P.S. And I don't think anyone puts Fisher up with those guys. As I said earlier I think he's in the bunch with Reid, Gruden, Billick, Fox, and others.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Aspen6

Rookie
« #70 : January 30, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »

From what I've heard and read, Vince Young basically was forced onto the team by the owner Bud Adams. He also guided a team that moved from one town to another without a home stadium for a year and they didn't completely fold. I guess the best thing I could say about Fisher is as a fan you always think you have a chance with him as a coach. Since Lovie Smith with the Bears only has a year left on his contract and there is no way the Bears will get as fortunate next season as they did in this one, if I'm the owner of the Bears I'm on the phone with Fisher tomorrow.

Has Jeff Fisher been better than Lovie Smith though? Lovie has a better career winning percentage (about 56% to about 54%)., has won 3 division titles in 7 years, has won an NFC championship and has a 3-3 playoff record. These are similar accomplishments to what Jeff Fisher has achieved in 16 years. If you are making the argument that Fisher has been hindered by quarterback play, has Lovie really had such a big advantage there with his QBs having been Grossman, Orton and the underachieving Jay Cutler.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #71 : January 30, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »

I'd agree Lovie and Fisher are on the same level.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #72 : January 30, 2011, 09:11:45 PM »

From what I've heard and read, Vince Young basically was forced onto the team by the owner Bud Adams. He also guided a team that moved from one town to another without a home stadium for a year and they didn't completely fold. I guess the best thing I could say about Fisher is as a fan you always think you have a chance with him as a coach. Since Lovie Smith with the Bears only has a year left on his contract and there is no way the Bears will get as fortunate next season as they did in this one, if I'm the owner of the Bears I'm on the phone with Fisher tomorrow.

Has Jeff Fisher been better than Lovie Smith though? Lovie has a better career winning percentage (about 56% to about 54%)., has won 3 division titles in 7 years, has won an NFC championship and has a 3-3 playoff record. These are similar accomplishments to what Jeff Fisher has achieved in 16 years. If you are making the argument that Fisher has been hindered by quarterback play, has Lovie really had such a big advantage there with his QBs having been Grossman, Orton and the underachieving Jay Cutler.

Lovie Smith has been better than Jeff Fischer. Fischer didn't have a winning season until his 6th year as the Oilers/Titans head coach. For some unknown reason, he was kept around. No way do 95% of the coaches in this league keep their jobs with that kind of success. He's only had 4 winning seasons in the last 10. Again, no way do 95% of the coaches in the NFL keep their jobs. 6 winning seasons out of 16. Lovie has already had 4 winning seasons out of 7.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools