Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ahmad Black Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucsWin31

Starter

#15 : March 01, 2011, 10:46:23 AM

I'd rather have Q. Carter or convert Dowling....not been to impressed with Black today

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 01, 2011, 11:32:49 AM

Anybody could have told you that Black was gonna be unimpressive at the combine.

He's a playmaker though.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 01, 2011, 11:45:42 AM

I'll take him at the end of the 3rd.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#18 : March 01, 2011, 12:09:23 PM

He played in basically in a 6 DB defense with studs all over the the field. He had an Elite Shut down corner, MLB, and D-line for most of his time at Florida. He was able to freelance the field and make plays.

He is a CLASSIC System guy that's going to fall off a practice squad next year.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 01, 2011, 12:19:00 PM

He had an Elite Shut down corner, MLB, and D-line for most of his time at Florida. He was able to freelance the field and make plays.

Yet his best year of his collegiate career (this year) came when he was surrounded by who exactly? Will Hill? lol

BucD

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 01, 2011, 01:04:48 PM

Black isn't a workout warrior.  He's an instinctive football player that isn't afraid to lay it on someone anywhere on the field.

He'll be an excellent FS/nickel corner/STer.....alll of those.  He's a Ronde Barber-like guy.  I'm not saying he'll be as good or better etc etc, but his game is similar to what Ronde's game is...just my opinion.

I want him in Red and Pewter.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 01, 2011, 02:11:03 PM

4.78 safety? That's awful and we wanted to take him in the THIRD? LMAO

red816

Rookie

#22 : March 01, 2011, 02:22:39 PM

Are you Ahamd Black fans not familiar with our current safety CODY GRIMM?....Same type of players. Not the fastest, not the biggest, but are instinctive playmakers......No need to draft Black.

The Bucs could use a guy like Robert Sands,( but i doubt he falls out of the 2nd round)...I'm thinking we might be able to get Deandre Mcdaniel in a much later round. Everyone seems to have forgotten about this guy?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 01, 2011, 02:27:05 PM

Are you Ahamd Black fans not familiar with our current safety CODY GRIMM?....Same type of players. Not the fastest, not the biggest, but are instinctive playmakers......No need to draft Black.

The Bucs could use a guy like Robert Sands,( but i doubt he falls out of the 2nd round)...I'm thinking we might be able to get Deandre Mcdaniel in a much later round. Everyone seems to have forgotten about this guy?
I want Chris Culliver or DeAndre McDaniel. Coverage guys with good range. What did DeAndre run?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 01, 2011, 02:27:20 PM

Black looked slow,  Sands looked stiff in the hips today...

I think both of their stocks dropped a bit (both into the 4th round somewhere around where we pick.)

Both are instinctive baller's though...   the annual track meet ain't changing any of that...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 01, 2011, 02:30:07 PM

Cody Grimm ran a 4.55.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 01, 2011, 02:35:50 PM

I'm leaning towards Carmichael in the fourth...

He's fast, quick,  fluid and a known heavy hitter.   Slightly undersized  5011 and 192lbs.

FWIW - .23 seconds is less time than it takes to blink an eye (.33 seconds)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 01, 2011, 02:46:51 PM

Everybody flipped out when Joe Haden ran a 4.6 last year, yet he went on to have a phenomenal rookie year with 6 picks, 11 pass deflections, and a QB rating against of 50.1.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 01, 2011, 05:46:46 PM

but you are forgetting his great size.  183 pounds of fury.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 01, 2011, 07:35:52 PM

but you are forgetting his great size.  183 pounds of fury.
I just rolled on the floor laughing, your funny.

Anyway, I'm just not that big on Black like the PR is. Yeah Morris seems to like the guy but from what I've seen I just don't see NFL starter. I see good special teams player and the thought that he could have been a third in some peoples mocks its laughable. After today this guy will be a 5th or later pick (if we don't reach).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ahmad Black Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools