Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Bucs will do everything they can to retain RG Davin Joseph" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 29, 2011, 03:11:01 PM

I just don't see the need to worry about the OL when DL and CB are so desperate for an upgrade.

If I'm going to dip into FA this year, and not implying in any way I would, it would be for someone like Edwards,
not Mankins or Nicks. The front 7 just has to be taken care of first.

Don't think we really know what we have on the OL. With a center that has to be be replaced every year it
certainly does not help building continuity. And center is where I would start, not RT, then maybe 1 guard
position. Don't remember RT being part of the problem.
You just have to look at it as it's not Super Bowl or bust in 2011 for the Bucs. They're gunning for 2012, 2013, and beyond. So you need to make moves aimed at having the best players in 2012, 2013, and beyond, and be less focused on just 2011.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 29, 2011, 03:14:54 PM

I think most of us here will agree that Joseph hasn't been all that good for the last couple of  years. I'd rather we either draft another RG or get another FA to play the position as Joseph was a turnstile most of last season before he got injured.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 29, 2011, 04:27:25 PM

I personally thought Joseph was the least impressive of all the Bucs' o-linemen last season.....rookie fill-ins included. To tie up $7-8 mil a year on that guy would be a waste of the Bucs' resources.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 29, 2011, 04:32:19 PM

I think we can do better than Joseph. The guy showed some nastyness at times but not on a consistent enough basis. Get Mankins if you can.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 29, 2011, 04:33:56 PM

I wouldn't be upset if we brought Joseph back thanks to the play of Hardman, but if we brought him back I won't be upset either.
He definitely has his moments but he needs to keep it up all the time.
However if he doesn't come back we better go after Mankins to play LG and keep Hardman at RG.

thanson

Starter

#20 : January 29, 2011, 08:54:03 PM

I wish we would draft 2-3 olineman and put and end to our backup issues

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 30, 2011, 09:45:58 AM

I wish we would draft 2-3 olineman and put and end to our backup issues

Backups are fine it's the starters TB has to look for. It will be a couple nice Oline additions after round 2.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 30, 2011, 10:07:24 AM

If we are gonna pay an Guard 7 or 8 million a season, I would much rather pay Mankins and let Joseph walk.  Mankins and Larsen as our starting guards for the next 5 years with Hardman and Carter backups works for me.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 30, 2011, 12:33:58 PM

Logan Mankins-G- Patriots Jan. 30 - 8:12 am et

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss doesn't expect the Patriots to attempt to sign LG Logan Mankins to a long-term contract extension before a new collective bargaining agreement is agreed to.

Mankins, meanwhile, has already said he does not expect to sign an extension with the Pats, but does believe they may use their franchise tag on him. An elite left guard, it's hard to see the Pats just letting him walk away this offseason.

Source: ESPN Boston 

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 30, 2011, 01:26:42 PM

I would much rather pay Mankins and let Joseph go.
I'd rather pay Mankins 8 mill.
I won't be upset if we let Joseph go or keep him, but we need to make a play for Mankins and really use our cap space to get him here and use Larsen/Hardman whoever replaced Joseph well during the year be the starter again next year.

thanson

Starter

#25 : January 30, 2011, 02:19:01 PM

Our owners wont pay...best option is to trade him for something. Glazers are too cheap

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2011, 05:56:08 PM

Would love Mankins ina Buc-uni.  I am sure Blount would as well.

If the BUcs keep Joseph and Mankins, it would be interesting...

I think Joseph aint all that, but he aint a garbage pail, IMO.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 30, 2011, 08:17:49 PM

Our owners wont pay...best option is to trade him for something. Glazers are too cheap

Trade who for something?  Joseph is an UFA. 

I guess you could Franchise him then try and trade, but with over $10 mil on the line, I don't see them taking that risk.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 31, 2011, 05:57:22 AM

try and sign Joseph.... if he wants to break the bank......then draft a guard or pay the big dough to a guy like Mankins.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 31, 2011, 11:34:09 AM

Yes Watson!
I'm looking forward to seeing him possibly win his position battle.

I feel like Quincy's last couple of games before his injury were good games? No?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Bucs will do everything they can to retain RG Davin Joseph" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools