Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs select JJ WATT!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 30, 2011, 05:54:19 PM

he is a real good football player but how does one gain like 50 pounds of muscle in a year?
Wheaties, protein shake, muscle armor, and steroids. :P

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 30, 2011, 05:56:13 PM

that's what I'm thinking.  But probably 3/4 of the league are on them as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 30, 2011, 05:59:34 PM

that's what I'm thinking.  But probably 3/4 of the league are on them as well.
I doubt the number is that high...they might HAVE done them, but to do them, to cycle DURING the season is insane.  And THOSE are the clowns who get caught.  Not that a guy who takes steroids isn't a clown anyway...

Clay Mathews is a guy I think did a TON of steroids in the past.  He might still do them...but I think some of these guys are pretty smart about when and what they ingest.  WHeN being a big element.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 30, 2011, 06:31:50 PM

How do you figure he put on 50lbs in one year? I'm curious what reputable source has his weight as a sophomore at 225lbs? Rivals.com has him at 230lbs coming out of high school on 2007, but that was over 3 years ago. If you are referring to some of the reports that have him around 290-295lbs, I think that is nonsense. We'll see at the combine for sure, but I believe he is around 275-280lbs.

He doesn't hit me as the roided out type. He is a big, tall 21 year old guy who is filling out his frame to become more solid, but he isn't like ridiculously ripped or freakishly large anywhere. He's also grown an inch and a half since his freshman year. He's a growing boy. I don't see anything to make you think he does roids.

: January 30, 2011, 06:34:02 PM JDouble

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 30, 2011, 07:04:34 PM

doing some research he was listed at 6'5" 240 at Central Michigan in 2007.  2008 for the Badgers he was listed 6'6" 265.  2009 6'6" 287.  2010 6'6" 292.  and for the record he seems like a great young man and does a lot of charity work.

thanson

Starter

#20 : January 30, 2011, 08:11:34 PM

It would bring the days of sapp lynch and brooks

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 31, 2011, 02:44:22 AM

I was just posting, hoping someone from the glazers would see it and work some magic. With him and Mccoy....are run def would be great

I hope the Glazers trust there GM and scouts more than they do us morons on a message board.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 31, 2011, 11:45:54 AM

he is a real good football player but how does one gain like 50 pounds of muscle in a year?

Deer Antler spray!

Who cares, I want him or Kerrigan as a buc if we go DE in the 1st.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 31, 2011, 11:52:43 AM

Deer Antler spray!

Maybe we'd be better off taking Marcus Cannon, who pretty handily shut Watt out of the Rose Bowl

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 31, 2011, 12:32:22 PM

Deer Antler spray!

Maybe we'd be better off taking Marcus Cannon, who pretty handily shut Watt out of the Rose Bowl

Do you mean kerrigan?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 31, 2011, 12:39:54 PM

Deer Antler spray!

Do you mean kerrigan?
Purdue wasn't in the Rose Bowl.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 31, 2011, 02:00:21 PM

Touche.

My mind thought he said senior bowl.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 01, 2011, 02:45:40 AM

I think Cannon is worth a look, and as brads referenced, the Rose Bowl performance got my attention....

..but despite what the head coach says about drafting for need, rather than BPA - I have SEEN this regime draft for key positions based solely on need, and they have done so extremely well.

I think Kerrigan would be worth packaging something of value, in order to move into an area where we can get one of the difference-makers at RDE - so I hope there is something in the works for a move up to get him. If not, and we're only looking at who we can get with our 20th pick - then...everyone does know, that we already have an offensive tackle...BUT we do NOT have a pass rushing Defensive End...right?

I'm thinking a name like Cannon is a luxury at 20 - for decent-to-good teams stacked at key positions.

We are NOT one of those teams.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

rikes

Starter

#28 : February 01, 2011, 02:48:27 AM

Sorry, I won't here you out.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 01, 2011, 03:08:17 AM

But he asked u rilly nice!?

At least, I think he asked... :-\

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs select JJ WATT!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools