Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs select JJ WATT!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 16, 2011, 07:30:08 AM

He will have some trouble getting down to 270! He probably would  be more comfortable around 280 and only around 270 should he cut his hair.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : August 16, 2011, 07:41:02 AM

I'd bet he is already 270lbs or less.

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 16, 2011, 11:58:51 AM

I'd bet he is already 270lbs or less.

72 next to him is Brandon Gilbeaux and he is listed at 270lbs. They both look to be around the same weight. He has really cut up and is looking good.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 16, 2011, 12:28:38 PM

LazoranPaul
@AJaClay Some Bucs Fans and I were having a debate on what u weigh now. I guessed around 270. Do you have an answer? #lookinggood #bucnation

26 minutes ago

in reply to ↑

@AJaClayAdrian Clayborn
@Lazoran 268

There's your answer! 268lbs. Gotta love Twitter especially when the athlete will interact with a fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#79 : August 16, 2011, 12:41:31 PM

Clayborn is really good at interacting with fans on twitter. Real down to Earth guy.

Draft Aaron Donald

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 07, 2011, 05:12:05 AM

I too was one who wasn't really enthusiastic about Clayborn - a lot of it had to do with him being 290 pounds, he was NOT as agile as described last year during the few times I saw him, nor was he slim at the draft.

The guy I saw On MNF was flat out explosive! What a find.

but JDouble - JJ and Cam aren't built for our style of play - the only one I think that could still out-quick/out-explode ClayBURN (as Gru was fond of calling him on MNF) was Kerrigan - he's also doing pretty well.

Glad to see Claborn proved my assessment wrong - well, I'm actually glad he came in heavy - if he'd shown this prior to the draft he wouldn't be in Tampa right now!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#81 : October 07, 2011, 05:21:27 AM

he is a real good football player but how does one gain like 50 pounds of muscle in a year?

Possibly...

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#82 : October 07, 2011, 05:26:09 AM

Right with you Tiger. My #1 was Aldon Smith. I knew he would be gone.  I really wanted Kerrigan@ 20.   I like Clayborn and Bowers to but like everyone else the injury concern made me shy away. I really thought after Kerrigan was taken that the Bucs were going to go with a Cornerback.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#83 : October 07, 2011, 05:28:39 AM

The results of the "New" Cromagnan additive:

Incomparable sig by Incognito

JM2

Pro Bowler

#84 : October 07, 2011, 06:41:00 AM

The only problem with Clay that I see right now is an inconsistent "get off." sometimes he fires of the ball with a good first step, sometimes he is very slow out of his stance. Not sure what that is all about.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : October 07, 2011, 07:34:22 AM

If you watch in slow motion, Clayborn is consistently the last one to move when the ball is snapped. His get off just isn't very good. It's going to hurt him in certain situations...but so far it hasn't matter. The LT is getting up and set before him every time and Clayborn still manages to beat him often. He has looked very good the last three games. It's really great to see. Maybe the D-line coaches have drills or tricks to help him with his get off. If he was reacting faster and getting off the ball a second faster it could be the difference between a good career and a great one.

He does needs to work on his run defense though. I actually thought he'd be better at run defense than pass rushing, but it's just the opposite so far. He's got the physical nature to be great at run defense though. I'm confident it will come.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#86 : October 07, 2011, 07:56:18 AM

I know Kerrigan is playing well but how about JJ? Cam Jordan is with the Saints right?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#87 : October 07, 2011, 09:31:04 AM

JJ Watt has looked very good. Cam Jordan has played a lot and hasn't really shown much.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs select JJ WATT!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools