Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "America's three branches of government: House, Senate, President" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : January 31, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »

Senator Chuck Shumer said America's three branches of government is the House, the Senate, and the President.

Now no one seems to care that Shumer said this. But what if Sarah Palin had said it?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 31, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »

There is a clear double-standard by the Left.  Their people say stupid stuff all of the time, yet they don't get held to fire.  Joe Biden might eat his foot more than Morgan does, and that's no small task.

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #2 : January 31, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »

Thats a good point.  Perception is reality and once there is a groundswell against you I think its hard to do anything right in the public eye.  (See Bush, Obama, and Palin)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 31, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »

Bigtime gaffes only seem to affect the conservative, republican or tea party citizenry.  57 states for instance.  Want to see some fun - let a republican not have a traceable history from birth to candidacy. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 31, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »

Some big time Democratic Gaffes:

Bill Clinton: "it depends on your definition of "is"

Jimmy Carter: "just send in a couple of helicopters and grab the hostages, what could go wrong?"

Lyndon Johnson: "We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves."

Ted Kennedy: "one more drinks, then I gotta drive this young lady home"

Joe Biden: "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

Hillary C: "When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation and you know what I'm talking about"

Nancy Pelosi: "...if we don't have an economic recovery package, 500 million Americans will lose their jobs every month"

Joe Biden, explaining his whereabouts: ''A successful Dump"

BHO: "The Cambridge police acted stupidly''

Harry Reid: "Barack Obama would be helped by being a “light-skinned" African-American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”"

Nancy Pelosi: "I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels"

Joe Biden: "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking"

BHO: "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today"

Harry Reid: "Only 36,000 people lost their jobs today, which is really good."

Al Gore: "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"

John Kerry: "yes, I did vote for the bill, but after that I strongly opposed it"

Biden: "If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong"

BHO: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.

Reid in 2007 about developments in Iraq: "This war is lost"

Biden to a wheelchair bound Sen. Chuck Graham: "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya"

BHO: "We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." 

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 31, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »

Joe Biden: "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking."
Holy Shiite thats hilarious.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 01, 2011, 08:31:18 AM »

And I thought it was the EPA, the ACLU and the AFL-CIO, boy was I wrong.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 01, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

Still chuckle when I hear this one - Nancy Pelosi: "I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels".  Add in the Congressman from Georgia who was worried about the island tipping over - and you know why things are a mess.  Congressman Johnson iirc. 

« : February 01, 2011, 10:37:29 PM dbucfan »

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #8 : February 15, 2011, 06:11:50 PM »

New Geography lesson from one of the brainiacs on the Left:

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #9 : February 15, 2011, 06:21:52 PM »

Silly Schumer, everybody knows the three branches of government are Oil, Insurance, and Banks

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #10 : February 15, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »

There is a clear double-standard by the Left.  Their people say stupid stuff all of the time, yet they don't get held to fire.  Joe Biden might eat his foot more than Morgan does, and that's no small task.

Come on, Biggs, you know damn well it's a double standard on BOTH sides ...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 15, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »

A quadruple - no freakin' way... quadruple standards? 

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #12 : February 15, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »

Want to see some fun - let a republican not have a traceable history from birth to candidacy.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #13 : February 15, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »

A quadruple - no freakin' way... quadruple standards?

Quadruple standards .... I like it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 15, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »

Shumer's House, Senate and President is flipping great - pros that write for comedians would have loved to have written that one - with Palin as the target....  but you can't make this kind of stuff up...  ;) ;D :D ;)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "America's three branches of government: House, Senate, President" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools