Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "America's three branches of government: House, Senate, President" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 15, 2011, 08:34:13 PM

Most people probably can't find the Panama Canal on the globe.

One study several years ago showed that 70% of people can't find Iraq on a globe.

Do they teach geography in public school anymore?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 15, 2011, 08:37:48 PM

Most people probably can't find the Panama Canal on the globe.

One study several years ago showed that 70% of people can't find Iraq on a globe.

Do they teach geography in public school anymore?
Teaching geography would be a very strong description of what happens in the geography classes.  Who wears and eats what ... but knowing who lives where on the globe - nope - that isn't happening.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 15, 2011, 08:51:58 PM

There is a clear double-standard by the Left.  Their people say stupid stuff all of the time, yet they don't get held to fire.  Joe Biden might eat his foot more than Morgan does, and that's no small task.

Come on, Biggs, you know damn well it's a double standard on BOTH sides ...

On this issue?  No way.  It's pretty one-sided.  Matthews said this a while back, yet I just heard about it today.  This is front-page news if Bush or Palin said it.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 15, 2011, 09:17:41 PM

Yes, because Bush and Palin tried to run our country, Matthews is just a news anchor.  And a bombastic one at that.

Jon Stewart and Bill Maher are the only two media figures most true liberals would trust to represent their opinion.  And yes, that is a grossly sweeping generalization... but one that I'll make anyways, because I think its probably true.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 15, 2011, 09:31:11 PM

Yes, because Bush and Palin tried to run our country, Matthews is just a news anchor.  And a bombastic one at that.

Matthews is the most recent example.  Read the entire thread.  There are plenty of liberal politicians who say extremely stupid stuff (the VP is the current leader of the group) yet they don't get called out on it like Bush and Palin did/do.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 15, 2011, 09:33:51 PM

Jon Stewart and Bill Maher are the only two media figures most true liberals would trust to represent their opinion.  And yes, that is a grossly sweeping generalization... but one that I'll make anyways, because I think its probably true.
That is sad.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 15, 2011, 09:55:24 PM

Matthews is the most recent example.  Read the entire thread.  There are plenty of liberal politicians who say extremely stupid stuff (the VP is the current leader of the group) yet they don't get called out on it like Bush and Palin did/do.

well, right.  that's the connection for you to make

and that's also why I said the second thing I said

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 15, 2011, 10:00:39 PM

and dbuc - you really think so? I mean, who represents the intelligent/active right in the media that you would have vaguely represent your opinion? Tucker Carlson?  :)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 15, 2011, 10:14:30 PM

Yes, it is sad - when the best representation a group has is a comedian and a wannabe comedian.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 15, 2011, 10:29:38 PM

heh, that's an interesting take of those two

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 16, 2011, 07:27:27 AM

not a take - more like a google.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 16, 2011, 09:23:11 AM

oh - googling does not do justice - you should watch Maher's Real Time on HBO sometime... fantastic show

anyways - off topic again - back to highlighting the linguistic/information faults of some of the more famous human beings we know of

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 16, 2011, 10:09:46 AM

There is a clear double-standard by the Left.  Their people say stupid stuff all of the time, yet they don't get held to fire.  Joe Biden might eat his foot more than Morgan does, and that's no small task.

On this issue?  No way.  It's pretty one-sided.  Matthews said this a while back, yet I just heard about it today.  This is front-page news if Bush or Palin said it.

Whose front page?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 16, 2011, 11:58:07 AM

oh - googling does not do justice - you should watch Maher's Real Time on HBO sometime... fantastic show

anyways - off topic again - back to highlighting the linguistic/information faults of some of the more famous human beings we know of
it tells you all you need to know about them

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 16, 2011, 12:10:15 PM

Whose front page?

Are you wanting screenshots from over 2 years ago?  That might be a little difficult.

Or are you arguing that there wasn't more media coverage about Bush's and Palin's remarks compared with similar stupid statements from liberal politicians?  Just to clarify...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "America's three branches of government: House, Senate, President" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools