Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan vs. Houston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 01, 2011, 02:42:14 PM

Just watched highlights of Houston. I've gotta say he looks impressive. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the DE's that are being mentioned. I'm a little wary of Aldon Smith as it's been said that he undersized, but still has a lot of talent.

I'm very excited about getting a DE or two in this draft
: February 01, 2011, 02:50:33 PM Bucs N Beers

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 01, 2011, 02:43:49 PM

Just watched highlights of Houston. I've gotta say he looks impressive. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the DE's that are vein mentioned. I'm a little wary of Aldon Smith as it's been said that he undersized, but still has a lot of talent.

I'm very excited about getting a DE or two in this draft
Not to mention Smith has durability concerns and is more raw. Still don't think he'd be a bad option at 20 though.

jeanclaud

Starter

#32 : February 01, 2011, 03:08:51 PM

Not likely to matter. Kerrigan had a fantastic senior bowl and confirmed what many thought about him. I'd love him to fall but if we get him its because we move up and get him.

Actually other than looking like an underwear model at the weigh in, all the reports I've read say he had a very average senior bowl week. Most sites have him ranked at around the 18th top prospect now.

Calling him "very average" at the Senior Bowl shows you have an agenda... Without quoting insider articles, suffice it to say that PR thinks Kerrigan had a great senior bowl. Actually I can't remember reading anyone that didn't think he had a great week. Also, you can try to spin it but being the 18th overall prospect is bad when we pick at 20?

PR jumped the gun and has a man crush that is clouding their judgment. Every other site was saying he looked good but not great, while PR was declaring him a top 10 pick. Please, find me ONE other site that says Kerrigan blew up the Senior Bowl and/or is a top 10 pick.

And just because he is rated 18th doesn't mean he will be drafted 18th. That's not how it works buddy. It shows he is considered a mid to late 1st round pick by most and not a top ten pick as PR thinks.

CBS Sports - 20th overall
ESPN Insider - 18th overall
FFToolbox - 19th overall
FootballsFuture - 13th overall
DraftNasty - 31st overall
Mel Kiper - 13th overall
NFLMocks - 17th overall
DraftCountdown - 17th overall
DraftZoo - 7th best DE
WalterFootball - 7th best DE

First I'll say that its stupid to talk about draft rankings right now because they will fluctuate greatly in the coming months. Even then they're only the barest guidelines created by people who have no clue what's actually going on in NFL FO and war rooms, for consumption by NFL fans like you and me.

That said, I never said anything about where Kerrigan should/would go. I was just making light of the fact you said he's average (in comparison to who or what??) and then say he's ranked at 18. I'm just saying that picking the 18th ranked player at #20 represents good value, so how is that a bad thing? He's a mid to late first round pick? That's where we pick!

Also, I don't think anyone seriously expects Kerrigan in the top 10. The only place I see PR saying anything like that is them passing along "the buzz at the Senior Bowl".  Realistically, the top ten is reserved for players that are both excellent football prospects and elite athletes. Kerrigan is not the latter as we've said so many times.

I maintain that you have an agenda. You don't like Kerrigan, we get it. I and many others around here do however. He's represents a trifecta of elite hustle, character, and college production, which are the three things I value the most in a prospect. I'd be pleased as hell if we select him come April.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 01, 2011, 03:15:38 PM

It sounds to me like if we get either of them it should help our defense. It also sounds like one of them should be available at 20. Lets face it Kerrigan didnt do too much at the senior bowl to help his stock. He didnt blow anybody away. I still think Kerrigans stock will depend on his combine and pro day. Houston seems like he has improved has improved his stock a bit somehow. Mostly stats. After what I have read here, it feels like Houston may be more of a fit in what Raheem may be wanting to do with our defense. We saw the different defenses that we ran this season. Raheems wants to mix it up and from what I am reading it looks like Houston maybe the guy who is more capable of doing it. However, Kerrigan is still a guy who can play. So I wouldnt be disappointed with Kerrigan being our guy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 01, 2011, 03:52:40 PM

Not likely to matter. Kerrigan had a fantastic senior bowl and confirmed what many thought about him. I'd love him to fall but if we get him its because we move up and get him.

Actually other than looking like an underwear model at the weigh in, all the reports I've read say he had a very average senior bowl week. Most sites have him ranked at around the 18th top prospect now.

Calling him "very average" at the Senior Bowl shows you have an agenda... Without quoting insider articles, suffice it to say that PR thinks Kerrigan had a great senior bowl. Actually I can't remember reading anyone that didn't think he had a great week. Also, you can try to spin it but being the 18th overall prospect is bad when we pick at 20?

PR jumped the gun and has a man crush that is clouding their judgment. Every other site was saying he looked good but not great, while PR was declaring him a top 10 pick. Please, find me ONE other site that says Kerrigan blew up the Senior Bowl and/or is a top 10 pick.

And just because he is rated 18th doesn't mean he will be drafted 18th. That's not how it works buddy. It shows he is considered a mid to late 1st round pick by most and not a top ten pick as PR thinks.

CBS Sports - 20th overall
ESPN Insider - 18th overall
FFToolbox - 19th overall
FootballsFuture - 13th overall
DraftNasty - 31st overall
Mel Kiper - 13th overall
NFLMocks - 17th overall
DraftCountdown - 17th overall
DraftZoo - 7th best DE
WalterFootball - 7th best DE

First I'll say that its stupid to talk about draft rankings right now because they will fluctuate greatly in the coming months. Even then they're only the barest guidelines created by people who have no clue what's actually going on in NFL FO and war rooms, for consumption by NFL fans like you and me.

That said, I never said anything about where Kerrigan should/would go. I was just making light of the fact you said he's average (in comparison to who or what??) and then say he's ranked at 18. I'm just saying that picking the 18th ranked player at #20 represents good value, so how is that a bad thing? He's a mid to late first round pick? That's where we pick!

Also, I don't think anyone seriously expects Kerrigan in the top 10. The only place I see PR saying anything like that is them passing along "the buzz at the Senior Bowl".  Realistically, the top ten is reserved for players that are both excellent football prospects and elite athletes. Kerrigan is not the latter as we've said so many times.

I maintain that you have an agenda. You don't like Kerrigan, we get it. I and many others around here do however. He's represents a trifecta of elite hustle, character, and college production, which are the three things I value the most in a prospect. I'd be pleased as hell if we select him come April.

jeanclaud...work on your reading comprehension bro. I love Kerrigan. Go back and look at your post that I quoted and responded too. You said he had a fantastic senior bowl week and we couldn't get him unless we move up. Then you say you never said anything about where he would or should go. You said I called him very average, but I didn't say Kerrigan was average, I said his senior bowl week was average. I said his current draft stock points to him being available when we pick. You ask how picking the 18th ranked player at 20 is a bad thing like I suggested it was bad...but you just got done saying we would have to trade up if we wanted him because he had a fantastic senior bowl. You say I have some agenda and I hate Kerrigan when he's actually one of my favorite players and I hope we draft him. You're all over the place with contradictions. I'm not even sure what your point is.

smove28

Starter

#35 : February 01, 2011, 03:53:39 PM

I will keep saying it until it sinks in people. In the words of the Village People "Acho, Acho man.....I wanna draft Sam Acho, man"

jeanclaud

Starter

#36 : February 01, 2011, 04:07:32 PM

jeanclaud...work on your reading comprehension bro. I love Kerrigan. Go back and look at your post that I quoted and responded too. You said he had a fantastic senior bowl week and we couldn't get him unless we move up. Then you say you never said anything about where he would or should go. You said I called him very average, but I didn't say Kerrigan was average, I said his senior bowl week was average. I said his current draft stock points to him being available when we pick. You ask how picking the 18th ranked player at 20 is a bad thing like I suggested it was bad...but you just got done saying we would have to trade up if we wanted him because he had a fantastic senior bowl. You say I have some agenda and I hate Kerrigan when he's actually one of my favorite players and I hope we draft him. You're all over the place with contradictions. I'm not even sure what your point is.

I wasn't the one you originally quoted, that was BucNY. Thank you I will work on my reading comprehension though :P. Personally, I think Kerrigan had a good Senior Bowl and even so he'll probably be around at our pick depending on the combine.

Even so I apologize for jumping the gun so to speak. I may have confused you with another poster about the Kerrigan hate. It probably had something to do with the "underwear model" comment. Seems a bit flippant is all.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 01, 2011, 04:10:05 PM

Nope. No Kerrigan hate here. Kerrigan, Watt, Houston, and Jordon are all great picks at 20 in my book. Love em all.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 01, 2011, 04:53:06 PM

Nope. No Kerrigan hate here. Kerrigan, Watt, Houston, and Jordon are all great picks at 20 in my book. Love em all.

Exciting to know TB will get a good DE at 20! it's just to many good DE's in the first round not to get one.

chad1336

Starter

#39 : February 01, 2011, 05:28:43 PM

I wasn't the one you originally quoted, that was BucNY. Thank you I will work on my reading comprehension though :P. Personally, I think Kerrigan had a good Senior Bowl and even so he'll probably be around at our pick depending on the combine.

Even so I apologize for jumping the gun so to speak. I may have confused you with another poster about the Kerrigan hate. It probably had something to do with the "underwear model" comment. Seems a bit flippant is all.

No, JDub has already stated he would pick Kerrigan over Houston, which was basically the purpose of the thread. And he stated his reasons as well, which I don't disagree with at all.  However, if Kerrigan is not there, Houston would make a nice consolation prize IMO.  I would not even be surprised if Kerrigan is there and we pick Houston.  Of course, the FO will keep it close to the vest, and I trust DOM and RAH anyway to make the right decision for the Bucs.

I remember being disappointed on Draft Day when they traded up for Freeman, so what do I know?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 01, 2011, 07:33:45 PM

Between now and draft dau I'll continue to search for game film and scotuing reports and anything else that might sway me one way or the other, but as of right now...I'll be equally happy with Kerrigan, Watt, Jordan, or Houston in the first. Quinn too, but I don't think he falls that far even after a whole year of suspension. I'm going to assume we get one of those guys and I'm good with any of them.

I'd take Aldon Smith if the rest of those guys were gone, but I'm not as sold on him as others are.

I don't want Clayborn at all.

If Kerrigan, Watt, Houston, Quinn, Miller, Jordan, and Smith are all gone at 20 (which is very unlikely) I hope we take the top OT, which would probably be Carimi.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 04, 2011, 10:40:21 AM

ras01

Second String

#42 : February 04, 2011, 11:52:36 AM

I like both but unlike others I think Quinn might drop to us. I know I cant say that without giving a reason, so here it goes. I remeber last year Dez and Mike Will were probly going to be 1st round guys, heck Dez even a top 5, but after sitting for a year and the other 1/2 the season when the combine and pro days came around niether one of them were in great shape. I know most people think all that precombine workout helps them, and I do to but there is nothing like football shape. Why all the other prospect have came striahgt from football to these other workout Quinn is not. Then you have High Charcter guy like Kerrigan, Heyward, and even Clayborn besides is cap problem. I'm not saying Quinn is'nt a high charcter guy but snopping around on Jacksonville blog they said he did and enterview and acted like he could care less he was suspended. I'll probly be wrong and he will get picked at number 6 or something, so someone on here can bring this topic back  up and make me eat crow.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 04, 2011, 12:11:44 PM

If Quinn falls I think it will be because of his brain tumor. They drained it but couldn't remove it. I don't know how big of a deal it will be down the road, but I think it will end up scary some teams away.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 05, 2011, 12:15:49 AM

The more I read, and see him in action, the more the luster begins to wear off Kerrigan - at least for me - he's starting to look like a really good LEFT DE...and since we have a few of those already, and are clearly in the market for the RIGHT DE, we may have to get used to the idea of either moving up for one of the true talents at that position (because a game-changing rush end won't be had at #20), or we will spend a very high draft pick for a guy we could probably get by without - or at least have gotten several picks later.

Pretty simple to me.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan vs. Houston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools