Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Clayborn 2010 Season Video « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

yungbull

Starter
: February 01, 2011, 01:13:19 PM

This guy is a  monster.  The numbers don't do him justice, but he is definitely a game changer.  Hopefully the character issues will dissolve during the combine.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 01, 2011, 01:28:05 PM

Is it me or does Clayborn look very very slow coming out of his stance. His closing speed and pusuit is very good but his firt step is painfully slow!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 01, 2011, 01:31:39 PM

Clayborn has been completely overshadowed this offseason. We have literally heard nothing about this guy. I like him but i'm concerned about his character. I want hard workers and focused guys for the bucs.

He goes from big ten defensive player of the year to this. Whats the reason for the big drop off? He wasn't injured. Did he get double teamed a lot? Whats going on with this guy?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nitey

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 01, 2011, 01:40:49 PM

It's been said before, but it's still true. It's one thing to take a chance on a guy with character issues in the 4th round or with a undrafted free agent, quite another to take that sort of a chance with your first pick on the draft. If Clayborn and Kerrigan are both there, I'm taking the guy with the high work ethic and good character over the marginal talent gap.

It may be just me - but I'm not the least bit interested in Clayborn in the 1st.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 01, 2011, 01:42:52 PM

Is it me or does Clayborn look very very slow coming out of his stance. His closing speed and pusuit is very good but his firt step is painfully slow!

It is, he is a power rusher with good moves.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 01, 2011, 01:43:23 PM

This looks more like the 2009 season to me....

jbear

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 01, 2011, 01:44:01 PM

Did you guys even watch the tape?  To say this guy stands out on game film is an understatement.  I've said all along I'd like him to be a Buc because he'd give a big boost to our toughness up front which we need badly.  He's not a speed rusher but has some pass rush skill.  You could probably start him at RDE and move him over to the LDE in pass rushing situations and really improve our passrush and rush D.    I'm convinced he's gonna play for a long time in the NFL.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 01, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

Clayborn has been completely overshadowed this offseason. We have literally heard nothing about this guy. I like him but i'm concerned about his character. I want hard workers and focused guys for the bucs.

He goes from big ten defensive player of the year to this. Whats the reason for the big drop off? He wasn't injured. Did he get double teamed a lot? Whats going on with this guy?

He got doubled, plays went away from him a lot more this year, chip blocked on a lot of passing plays. The only thing he did was punch a cab driver other than that he was the team captain so i'm sure he was a hard worker.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 01, 2011, 01:50:15 PM

2010. insight bowl is at the end.

yungbull

Starter
#9 : February 01, 2011, 01:50:49 PM

Did you guys even watch the tape?  To say this guy stands out on game film is an understatement.  I've said all along I'd like him to be a Buc because he'd give a big boost to our toughness up front which we need badly.  He's not a speed rusher but has some pass rush skill.  You could probably start him at RDE and move him over to the LDE in pass rushing situations and really improve our passrush and rush D.    I'm convinced he's gonna play for a long time in the NFL.

I believe his character will speak for itself whether its positive or negative in the combine.  But the guy is obviously a monster.  His first step does need improvement but that is already known.  I dont see anything derailing this mans career other than a serious injury. 

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL HE DROPS TO THE LATER ROUNDS.  We should pick him if we have the chance..

nitey

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 01, 2011, 01:51:17 PM

>> I'm convinced he's gonna play for a long time in the NFL. <<

If he can stay out of trouble. Plenty of talented players that came into the NFL with troubles couldn't. And yes, before you point it out that some did, I know that as well. I'll admit that I see the talent, but you can't risk your first pick on talent with problems.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

yungbull

Starter
#11 : February 01, 2011, 01:51:55 PM

2010. insight bowl is at the end.

Thanks for verifying that....

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 01, 2011, 02:01:22 PM

4:26 watch the swim move Clayborn put on that left tackle wow. 4:45 look at that strong rip move. 5:05 setting the edge and causing the fumble. Clayborn is the truth. Everything TB should want in a DE is what Clayborn shows.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 01, 2011, 02:04:44 PM

Really I didn't think his off the field issues were all that serious.  It wasn't like Talib at all, he was crossing the street and almost got hit by a cabbie then there was an altercation.  I don't think he bludgeoned the guy or anything.

Check out his play recognition on the tape.  Thats the main reason I think he's gonna be around a while.  that plus he has the physical tools. You can't teach that.

See 10:54 screen pass.  Thats just one that popped out at me he does it repeatedly on the tape.
: February 01, 2011, 02:10:57 PM jbear

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 01, 2011, 02:06:50 PM

Really I didn't think his off the field issues were all that serious.  It wasn't like Talib at all, he was crossing the street and almost got hit by a cabbie then there was an altercation.  I don't think he bludgeoned the guy or anything.

Check out his play recognition on the tape.  Thats the main reason I think he's gonna be around a while.  that plus he has the physical tools. You can't teach that.

exactly he wasn't a trouble maker. Yea is play recognition is really good, he keeps contain better than a lot of DE's i've seen and he always know where the ball is.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Clayborn 2010 Season Video « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools