Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Clayborn 2010 Season Video « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

yungbull

Starter
#15 : February 01, 2011, 02:17:38 PM

Check out his play recognition on the tape.  Thats the main reason I think he's gonna be around a while.  that plus he has the physical tools. You can't teach that.

See 10:54 screen pass.  Thats just one that popped out at me he does it repeatedly on the tape.

I noticed that as well...either his play recognition is that outstanding or they have a helluva D Line coach.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 01, 2011, 02:19:15 PM

I ask anybody who's talking Kerrigan, Jordan, or any other DE in this years draft to research this guy and tell me you really think theres anybody else out there who's gonna give us the kind of swagger this guy brings.  He's mean as hell and dropping because of some bogus character issue and the fact everybody wants to draft the Sack guy at DE in this day and age.  This guy will help us.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 01, 2011, 02:22:03 PM

This looks more like the 2009 season to me....

2010. insight bowl is at the end.

Thanks for verifying that....

The first 2 games are 2009.  In the Michigan State game, WR Blair White is playing, who played for the Colts last year....There are 2 games tapes included from games against Arizona as well..

yungbull

Starter
#18 : February 01, 2011, 02:23:11 PM

I ask anybody who's talking Kerrigan, Jordan, or any other DE in this years draft to research this guy and tell me you really think theres anybody else out there who's gonna give us the kind of swagger this guy brings.  He's mean as hell and dropping because of some bogus character issue and the fact everybody wants to draft the Sack guy at DE in this day and age.  This guy will help us.

I agree, the guy is a monster, but what hurt him was his numbers.  But after looking at this video, his ability is unmatched at DE!  Kerrigan comes very close though.

yungbull

Starter
#19 : February 01, 2011, 02:26:27 PM

The first 2 games are 2009.  In the Michigan State game, WR Blair White is playing, who played for the Colts last year....There are 2 games tapes included from games against Arizona as well..

Just watch the tape and get over the title.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 01, 2011, 02:39:28 PM

Just watch the tape and get over the title.

Just get your facts straight and I will get over the title.  It is important to know which year these clips are from as the biggest issue people have with Clayborn is the "drop-off" of play and production from 2009 to 2010. 

For the record, I like Clayborn for the Bucs at #20...especially if Kerrigan is off the board.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 01, 2011, 02:40:36 PM

Reminds me of Charles Grant. Guys like Clayborn are late first round picks early 2nd. Phillip Merling type DE, would be nice to get him at 51.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 01, 2011, 04:12:26 PM

I honestly would be happy with Clayborn, Kerrigan, Houston, Jordan or Heyward at 20. 

yungbull

Starter
#23 : February 01, 2011, 04:19:22 PM

I honestly would be happy with Clayborn, Kerrigan, Houston, Jordan or Heyward at 20.

Id be a lil pissed if we picked Heyward, thats a reach for him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 01, 2011, 04:42:09 PM

For those questioning his character, don't forget that Dom was spotted having a long talk with Clayborn's position coach at the senior bowl.  They will definitely be doing their due diligence.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 01, 2011, 04:55:37 PM

The bad thing about guys like Kerrigan and Clayborn is that they are both power rushers, and when the get to the NFL those rushes aren't going to work anymore until they get their level of technique up enough. They also only rush from a couple spots of the field, and 99% of the time they are going to be matched up against a  tackle, while guys like Quinn, Miller, and Houston can line up all over the field, forcing them to get matched up more with TE's and backs.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 01, 2011, 04:58:18 PM

Watch at 2:47 Clayborn just absolutely quit on a play. I don't know that I've ever seen a guy just stop that close to making a tackle.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 01, 2011, 05:07:50 PM

Watch at 2:47 Clayborn just absolutely quit on a play. I don't know that I've ever seen a guy just stop that close to making a tackle.

I was going to comment on that earlier because it looked like he recognised the play immediately which I was trying to point out but if you watch it closer it looks to me like it was a called play and he was responsible to cover the back out of the backfield then somehow didn't realise he had the ball.  Not a great play but I didn't think he quit.

You can see as the guy makes a football move Clayborn reacts like he was surprised and starts to pursue again.
: February 01, 2011, 05:12:22 PM jbear

jeanclaud

Starter

#28 : February 01, 2011, 05:16:30 PM

Yea after the play he's looking around like he's confused. Maybe he didn't see the catch for whatever reason. It definitely isn't representative of his hustle though.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 01, 2011, 05:20:43 PM

I admit that Clayborn might not translate to a tremendous NFL pass rusher but dam he's stout agaist the run and should be an improvement over the long haul in rushing the passer.  I see us using him at both LDE and RDE depending on the situation.  He's super tough so if we draft him I think he's an every down guy who you bring in a speed rush guy on passing downs and slide him over to the other side. 

I know two things we badly need to improve if we're going to get better:

1) Pass rush
2) Stoping the run.

I'd rather have a guy who can improve both aspects of our team especially when you consider drafting a guy that high you'll be inclined to make him an every down player.  I'm sorry but some of the speed rushers aren't going to help us when we need to stop the run which we have got to do better on next year if we're going to do anything.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Clayborn 2010 Season Video « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools