Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want my country back....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : February 02, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »

What the hell are these crazies doing to the county that I served/protected for the last two decades......?

________________________________________________________________________________

Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun
By Jonathan Ellis

Five South Dakota lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require any adult 21 or older to buy a firearm “sufficient to provide for their ordinary self-defense.”

The bill, which would take effect Jan. 1, 2012, would give people six months to acquire a firearm after turning 21. The provision does not apply to people who are barred from owning a firearm.

Nor does the measure specify what type of firearm. Instead, residents would pick one “suitable to their temperament, physical capacity, and preference.”

http://www.argusleader.com/

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : February 02, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »

Ummm - the South Dakota lawmakers have also ANNOUNCED it is a bill with the intent of creating the comparison between it and forcing folks to buy health insurance.  Simply by changing the product id one can see clearly the problems of such a law.

And your country - Morgan - I am not sure what your country looks like.  I am fairly familiar with Americans who understand the expectations of being free to succeed or fail based upon their own efforts.  Not so sure that is what you are familiar with or are looking at.  The whole standing on one's own feet and being responsible for oneself and family I understand, expecting things to be given to folks who don't work for by governmental programs it is not.  Perhaps it is just me. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : February 02, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »

Ummm - the South Dakota lawmakers have also ANNOUNCED it is a bill with the intent of creating the comparison between it and forcing folks to buy health insurance.  Simply by changing the product id one can see clearly the problems of such a law.

And your country - Morgan - I am not sure what your country looks like.  I am fairly familiar with Americans who understand the expectations of being free to succeed or fail based upon their own efforts.  Not so sure that is what you are familiar with or are looking at.  The whole standing on one's own feet and being responsible for oneself and family I understand, expecting things to be given to folks who don't work for by governmental programs it is not.  Perhaps it is just me.

Facts should not get in the way of a good sound bite.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 02, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »

Bwahahahaha.

Omigod, this is a gloriously ironic thread.  The sad part is it will soar over Morgan's head, even though you pointed it out to him.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 03, 2011, 09:35:26 AM »

What the hell are these crazies doing to the county that I served/protected for the last two decades......?

You are right, it would be a much better country if you could have just served/protected the people you agree with.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #5 : February 04, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »

Morgan, how many people did you kill in combat?

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 04, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »

Morgan, how many people did you kill in combat?

Gotta defend him on this one, his job was to help save our combat soldiers asumming he did what he said he did. 

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 04, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »

God how did I overlook this thread.  This is awesome.

Although, Kennesaw, GA has this law and has had it for years now.  Their crime rate is peanuts.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 04, 2011, 09:29:17 AM »

........ that I served/protected for the last two decades......?

Just stop with the blatant lies already. It is obvious you were never in the military and you were never in harms way. Your posts are an embarrassment to everyone and your suggestions that you honorably served in the armed forces is down right disgusting.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 04, 2011, 09:50:54 AM »

........ that I served/protected for the last two decades......?

Just stop with the blatant lies already. It is obvious you were never in the military and you were never in harms way. Your posts are an embarrassment to everyone and your suggestions that you honorably served in the armed forces is down right disgusting.

I'm sure he'd be glad to share his W-2's to prove it.  :D

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

« #10 : February 04, 2011, 10:15:14 AM »

You want your country back Morgan? Then why don't you move back to China then you Commie, you BIG Govt. Lover you!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 04, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »

Oh, I absolutely believe Morgan served in the military for a long while. it explains his love of Big Govt. He is used to being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, but never why. Years of military service have made him comfortable with strict authoritarian structure and the comfort of knowing all his living expenses were covered and guaranteed. He is not used to free market workplace where you have to be a self starter and self motivated with no one telling you when to wake, where to go, etc. Free Market ideas scare him because he has never had to develop his own self motivation and hasn't learned to believe in himself instead of the Military.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 04, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

The "I want my country back" was in jest - because the tea baggers have been using this a lot over the last two years as if this country belonged to them and only them. As if our president was some foreigner who the birthers didn't want in office leading our country. Our country belongs to all of us. There's no "I want my country back".

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : February 04, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »

________________________________________________________________________________

Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun
By Jonathan Ellis

Five South Dakota lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require any adult 21 or older to buy a firearm “sufficient to provide for their ordinary self-defense.”

The bill, which would take effect Jan. 1, 2012, would give people six months to acquire a firearm after turning 21. The provision does not apply to people who are barred from owning a firearm.

Nor does the measure specify what type of firearm. Instead, residents would pick one “suitable to their temperament, physical capacity, and preference.”

http://www.argusleader.com/

The "I want my country back" was in jest - because the tea baggers have been using this a lot over the last two years as if this country belonged to them and only them. As if our president was some foreigner who the birthers didn't want in office leading our country. Our country belongs to all of us. There's no "I want my country back".

Now - how do you get for totally and completely missing purpose of the actions of 5 North Dakota Senators efforts to show the fallacy of the B.H.O. position on a governing body forcing folks to buy products.  Just like most of your ilk when you discover you have put yourself in an indefensible position trying to make an incorrect point.  Amazing.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 04, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »

This is a pretty lame attempt at saving face.

I honestly have no idea why you continue to post on this forum.  Damn near every poster on here from both sides of the political isle see you for the nincompoop you are.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want my country back....... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools