Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want my country back....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 04, 2011, 08:58:20 PM

Oh, I absolutely believe Morgan served in the military for a long while. it explains his love of Big Govt. He is used to being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, but never why. Years of military service have made him comfortable with strict authoritarian structure and the comfort of knowing all his living expenses were covered and guaranteed. He is not used to free market workplace where you have to be a self starter and self motivated with no one telling you when to wake, where to go, etc. Free Market ideas scare him because he has never had to develop his own self motivation and hasn't learned to believe in himself instead of the Military.

No slam JG but if you believe this, then you don't have any real clue about the military as well.  What you say may have been true for Cold war era Russia or even North Korean troops today, but that has never applied to US service members. One quality that makes us better than the rest is our ability to think for and act for ourselves. We follow orders of course, but we can also tell those above us to stick it when the orders are just plain stupid.

Tell a North Korean private to jump in front of a tank and in an instant he dives under the treads and gets ground into hamburger.
Tell a US Marine to do it and he'll tell you to F off.

I understand what you were trying to say, but no need to insult the rest of the real veterans and heros.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 04, 2011, 09:29:26 PM

Oh, I absolutely believe Morgan served in the military for a long while. it explains his love of Big Govt. He is used to being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, but never why. Years of military service have made him comfortable with strict authoritarian structure and the comfort of knowing all his living expenses were covered and guaranteed. He is not used to free market workplace where you have to be a self starter and self motivated with no one telling you when to wake, where to go, etc. Free Market ideas scare him because he has never had to develop his own self motivation and hasn't learned to believe in himself instead of the Military.

So I guess it's safe to say you have a low opinion of those that  serve in the military.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 05, 2011, 12:16:15 AM

So I guess it's safe to say you have a low opinion of those that  serve in the military.

It's safe to say he has a low opinion of you, wang dang sweet poontang.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 05, 2011, 01:24:18 AM

Ummm - the South Dakota lawmakers have also ANNOUNCED it is a bill with the intent of creating the comparison between it and forcing folks to buy health insurance.  Simply by changing the product id one can see clearly the problems of such a law.

And your country - Morgan - I am not sure what your country looks like.  I am fairly familiar with Americans who understand the expectations of being free to succeed or fail based upon their own efforts.  Not so sure that is what you are familiar with or are looking at.  The whole standing on one's own feet and being responsible for oneself and family I understand, expecting things to be given to folks who don't work for by governmental programs it is not.  Perhaps it is just me.

My friend - you hit it dead on the screws.

Regardless of how the silly reactionary tries to spin it - for the first time in this entire debate, you've shown him what's on the line - when any government forces citizens to do, anything, it's wrong.

...and now he knows, you know it too.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 05, 2011, 02:12:59 AM

Come on, wang dang.  Steal somebody else's ideas and take a stab at me.  Coward.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 05, 2011, 07:41:13 AM

No slam JG but if you believe this, then you don't have any real clue about the military as well.  What you say may have been true for Cold war era Russia or even North Korean troops today, but that has never applied to US service members. One quality that makes us better than the rest is our ability to think for and act for ourselves. We follow orders of course, but we can also tell those above us to stick it when the orders are just plain stupid.

Tell a North Korean private to jump in front of a tank and in an instant he dives under the treads and gets ground into hamburger.

I understand what you were trying to say, but no need to insult the rest of the real veterans and heros.
Sepe - in the military - do some guys fold right in following orders and never thinking for themselves?  They take their pay, benefits, do their 20 and leave without having shown a thread of ambition.  (I know more than a couple who have done just that - so it was rhetorical)  I suspect John Galt? identified a poster as being within that subset of the folks who are in the military. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : February 05, 2011, 08:59:07 AM

This sort of anti-military thinking is not new. i've been accustomed to seeing it for years and suspect a lot of Americans feel this way about the military. A lot of this "support your military" is just lip service. No problem. Just keep paying your taxes like a good American, and we'll continue to do your dirty work around the world.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 05, 2011, 01:48:03 PM

Sepe - in the military - do some guys fold right in following orders and never thinking for themselves?  They take their pay, benefits, do their 20 and leave without having shown a thread of ambition.  (I know more than a couple who have done just that - so it was rhetorical)  I suspect John Galt? identified a poster as being within that subset of the folks who are in the military.

^^^what he said.

I am not saying ALL vets. But there are some that prefer the orderly lifestyle, the security of knowing you are part of a team and that someone "has your back".

Ever see the movie "heartbreak Ridge"??

The Marine you are describing is Clint Eastwood. The Major that came from Supply and wanted everything "by the book"-that's morgan.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : February 05, 2011, 02:38:24 PM

Confirmed: I figured that you developed your opinions of the military based on Hollywood.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 05, 2011, 03:01:07 PM

Confirmed: I figured that you developed your opinions of the military based on Hollywood.

Fortunately, I didn't form my opinions of the military based solely on your posts.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 05, 2011, 08:52:32 PM

But what you fail to realize, Morgan is not a military veteran, he has lied about it. Any true vet can spot a fake. he has made very basic mistakes that no 20 year vet would ever make. He has made mistake that punks that get busted and thrown of of the service after only a year or two make, but they usually don't try and lie about being veterans. I think Morgan is just claiming to be a vet to help support his lame views.

Again, Morgan has zero association (besides imagined) with the military.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 05, 2011, 09:05:43 PM

I'm not sure how health care is any different than being "forced" to get a social security number or a driver's license. I'm also not sure why so many believe that Health care should continue to a be a commodity to be sold and traded. Why should health care be big business where the number #1 priority is a profit for share holders? I think the big difference between the two sides on health care is that one thinks it should be a universal right to all Americans and the other thinks it should continue to be a business where the private sector can make money. I obviously fall into the 1st group.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 05, 2011, 09:25:29 PM

I'm not sure how health care is any different than being "forced" to get a social security number or a driver's license. I'm also not sure why so many believe that Health care should continue to a be a commodity to be sold and traded. Why should health care be big business where the number #1 priority is a profit for share holders? I think the big difference between the two sides on health care is that one thinks it should be a universal right to all Americans and the other thinks it should continue to be a business where the private sector can make money. I obviously fall into the 1st group.

Actually JDouble, you pointed out the real problem in the health care debate but not by stating a correct fact, but by stating a erroneous fact. The debate is not split into two nice neat groups. It is fractured along dozens if not 100's of lines and thoughts. Some people may think there are just two groups, 1) people who think like they do and 2) people who don't; but that is far from the truth. Also, the way you describe it, those that agree with you only want the best in the world and have the purest of intentions, and those who disagree are evil child molesters or the like. Just because I 100% disagree that health care is a universal right does not mean I fall into your negative slanted private money hungry group. It is classifications like that that polarize the people trying to have the discussion in the first place.

P.S. - No one is forced to get a drivers license.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 05, 2011, 09:50:05 PM

And no one is forced to by auto insurance - unless they operate a car on public roads.  Then the insurance they are forced to buy is liability insurance , insurance for others who are hurt/injured by your improper actions in driving.  And in some state - with no-fault coverage - if one is to operate a vehicle on public roads they have to buy no-fault to cover themselves should they be injured in an accident regardless of fault.  The no-fault coverage was intended to reduce litigation, the burden on health care and limit attorney's involvement in such cases.  And naturally, since the laws were written by legislators who were attorneys - it has plenty of loopholes to allow their brethren to make a living in spite of the purported purpose of the law. 

A comparison of social security identification or auto insurance is not even close to having the Federal or State government forcing citizens to buy health insurance.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 05, 2011, 10:01:44 PM

Let me ask everyone, lets go on the premise that unlimited free health care is given to every American and paid for by our taxes. Would the government then have the right to "fine" you or otherwise penalize you for not exercising enough or eating properly? People who are overweight or smoke, they pay them same we do? Is it fair that those of us who take care of ourselves are forced to pay for Charlie Sheens immanent new liver? Remember, health care is free to all, including the rich, dumb and stupid, so he gets it for the same cost you would.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want my country back....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools