Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So You Ask, Who Was The Bucs Best Offensive Lineman In 2010 at Pass Protection? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 03, 2011, 10:08:11 AM

Will this is just a little teaser. If I were to tell you, that Jeremy Zuttah was Josh Freeman's best protector in 2010. Many here would argue that can't be, and throw out Donald Penn's name as Freeman's blind side protector and best lineman for the Bucs in pass protection last season... Well based on stats Zuttah, who was benched for veteran G Keydrick Vincent only to be thrust back into the starting lineup do to a rash of injuries and who flip flopped between guard and center last season was indeed the Bucs best offensive lineman and Freeman's best friend when it came to keeping opposing defensive lineman from getting close to him.

Zuttah gave up a total of 9 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 49.22 pass attempts.
Vincent gave up a total of 11 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 17.64 pass attempts.
Hardiman gave up a total of 9 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 17.11 pass attempts.
Larsen gave up a total of 24 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 15.42 pass attempts.
Faine gave up a total of 14 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 15.00 pass attempts.
Lee gave up a total of 19 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 14.68 pass attempts.
Joseph gave up a total of 26 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 14.42 pass attempts.
Penn gave up a total of 51 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 11.57 pass attempts.
Trueblood gave up a total of 32 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 9.88 pass attempts.

: February 03, 2011, 10:09:56 AM yuccaneers

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 03, 2011, 10:15:04 AM

Statiscally.... by a freakin' country mile.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 03, 2011, 10:17:21 AM

Hmm....interesting

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 03, 2011, 10:24:03 AM

centers are supposed to....nose tackles are the worst pass rushers on the d line, and have the least space to work with...they have to beat the center with only about a 2 foot window to either side because there's a guard right next to them....left tackles on the other hand have to face the best pass rusher, and have no help on the outside.

misleading stat...find me a center who didn't give up the least ammount of pressures on his team

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 03, 2011, 10:28:25 AM

I've said it for a while; Zoot was our best and most consistent OL last year.  He just needs to work on his damn shotgun snaps.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 03, 2011, 10:32:49 AM

People want to replace Zuttah just because his snaps look like they're in slow motion, but the other aspects of his game are very credible.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 03, 2011, 10:36:54 AM

centers are supposed to....nose tackles are the worst pass rushers on the d line, and have the least space to work with...they have to beat the center with only about a 2 foot window to either side because there's a guard right next to them....left tackles on the other hand have to face the best pass rusher, and have no help on the outside.

misleading stat...find me a center who didn't give up the least ammount of pressures on his team

Yeah that was kind of my thought - but not to take anythign away from him.  I'd bet that tackles across the board are higher because they've got the entire field on the outside to cover.  Centers and Guards each have brick s**thouses on either side to help out. 

Not to take anything away from him - I think he's been pretty consistent.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

jbear

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 03, 2011, 11:17:34 AM

Faine gave up a total of 14 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 15.00 pass attempts.

... Oh wait?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 03, 2011, 11:32:31 AM

Yeah you have same over same with Faine and Zuttah to provde some comparison - and the difference is so notable that it isn't just a positional issue.

I like that 4 of our 5 OL guys at the bottom of that list were starters when the season started. That makes me feel so good about that line.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 03, 2011, 11:40:41 AM

You do realize Faine plays center, right?

Geezus...

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 03, 2011, 12:01:15 PM

I got 2 problems with Zuttah that really makes me want us to look for a replacement.

1. His shotgunsnaps are horrible. You would think he could get better over the season but he didnt.
2. His runblocking. Or should i call it passblocking? On the snap of the ball his first step is allways going backwards.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 03, 2011, 12:12:04 PM

Joseph gave up a total of 26 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 14.42 pass attempts.
Penn gave up a total of 51 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 11.57 pass attempts.
Trueblood gave up a total of 32 pressures (sacks, quarterback hits & pressure) once every 9.88 pass attempts.

If people still need evidence to the low sack numbers being primarily because of Josh Freeman, look above.  These are supposed to be the best OL on the team.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 03, 2011, 12:33:14 PM

We know Penn isn't as good as advertised.

But he is going to be our LT for awhile.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 03, 2011, 12:38:51 PM

Hey Yuc. You don't have to do this right away but whats the average number of pressures per OL position in the NFL? (or you could do the NFC)

These stats would mean more if we had something to compare them too

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 03, 2011, 12:40:14 PM

What we really need is someone (ahem, Biggs) to share the oline running blocking and pass pro stats from sight yet to be named...

;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So You Ask, Who Was The Bucs Best Offensive Lineman In 2010 at Pass Protection? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools