Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the holdup? « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: February 04, 2011, 10:49:24 AM

The Bucs need a DL coach. Speculation has been that they have targeted someone from the college ranks. The bowl games have long been over, and so should be the musical chairs for most position and HCs. Out of the blue we learn that the Bucs approached the Vikings' DL coach and he elected to remain with them (idiot). From that we go to weeks of total and complete silence. National security should be so good. It's great that they are doing their due diligence and all, but there is a lot of assessment that needs to be done in the weeks leading up to the combine. This guy isn't even familiar with the guys who are already here. There is no way he has any idea what he needs. Yeah, I know, he needs DEs, but they have to fit in with the DTs and LBs. It's dragging on too long.

This needs to get done.

calibucfan15

Starter

#1 : February 04, 2011, 11:24:42 AM

Don't think he's gonna have any say in who's selected.  They probably just want someone who Can coach up young guys and leave the evaluation of future prospects to the scouts

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 04, 2011, 11:49:33 AM

Don't think he's gonna have any say in who's selected.  They probably just want someone who Can coach up young guys and leave the evaluation of future prospects to the scouts

I could be wrong, but I believe I recall reading that the scouts AND coaches were consulted when the draft order is laid out. In any case, leaving the coaches out of the loop would be wrong, and judging from the results, this regime doesn't do many things wrong.

vic mackie

Rookie

#3 : February 04, 2011, 01:07:03 PM

Yeah coaches have a big say in the draft. Raheem was the one who pushed for Talib and T-Jack when he was a DBs coach. The holdup on the d-line coach is hurting the team for next year. They are missing out on valuable time before the coaches and players go silent towards each other with a lockout.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#4 : February 04, 2011, 02:19:31 PM

No NFL team announcements allowed during SB week folks.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#5 : February 04, 2011, 05:58:19 PM

What? Really?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 04, 2011, 06:51:53 PM

What? Really?

Its an unwritten rule

-------------------------------------------------------

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 04, 2011, 07:51:45 PM

Got to find some sucker that will only accept a 1 year cheap deal.

Not going to be easy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the holdup? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools