Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Planned Parenthood exposed « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

awitron

Hall of Famer

#120 : February 11, 2011, 01:43:36 PM

You know what liberals and conservatives have in common?

They equally involve themselves in the lives of people that they should just keep their opinion away from.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#121 : February 11, 2011, 01:44:27 PM

Why do anti abortion types seem to lean sooo heavily on adoption when the better answer, birth control is staring you right in the face. 

I'm sure I'm overgeneralizing but it is my perception that this is the case.  I get the feeling that to many christians, birth control represents something bad... even probably evil.  An issue to be skirted whenever the prefered "adoption" is a posible answer to the question.

The fact that you assume to know what type I am is the most disturbing. I have never made any assertion one way or the other my stance on this topic but since I posted discrepencies in what one poster says and what I have researched you have extrapolated my personal opinion on the topic.

I guess anti-abortion types believe birth control should come BEFORE pregnancy as opposed to during.

I quoted you but I was trying to make a coment on my overall opinion of the anit abortion lobby.  I said it was my perception and that I was overgeneralizing.  If anything I was trying to invite anyone who considers themselves anti abortion to deny they don't have a problem with birth control.  Change my biggoted perceptions. 
: February 11, 2011, 01:47:02 PM jbear

spartan

Hall of Famer
#122 : February 11, 2011, 01:49:16 PM

Why do anti abortion types seem to lean sooo heavily on adoption when the better answer, birth control is staring you right in the face. 

I'm sure I'm overgeneralizing but it is my perception that this is the case.  I get the feeling that to many christians, birth control represents something bad... even probably evil.  An issue to be skirted whenever the prefered "adoption" is a posible answer to the question.

The fact that you assume to know what type I am is the most disturbing. I have never made any assertion one way or the other my stance on this topic but since I posted discrepencies in what one poster says and what I have researched you have extrapolated my personal opinion on the topic.

I guess anti-abortion types believe birth control should come BEFORE pregnancy as opposed to during.

I quoted you but I was trying to make a coment on my overall opinion of the anit abortion lobby.  I said it was my perception and that I was overgeneralizing.  If anything I was trying to invite anyone who considers themselves anti abortion to deny they don't have a problem with birth control.  Change my biggoted perceptions.

Well, if you have got to the point of abortion, then birth control is a bit moot isn't it, whereas adoption is a viable alternative.

Obviously not getting pregnant in the first place is the preferred solution.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#123 : February 11, 2011, 02:07:57 PM

Well, if you have got to the point of abortion, then birth control is a bit moot isn't it, whereas adoption is a viable alternative.

Obviously not getting pregnant in the first place is the preferred solution.

Well yes, but the thread was originally about planned parenthood. (how evil they are) They happen to abort babies AND promote contraception. 

Any sane person realizes not getting pregnant in the first place is the preferred soulution but I'm a bit of a bigot.  I've convinced myself that many of these people are somehow offended by birth control as it helps to promote sin ie. sex out of wedlock. 

I know that there are people who feel this way.  The question is, how prevelent are they in the anti abortion lobby? 

Sombody just tell me "Hardly any" so I can sleep better. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#124 : February 11, 2011, 02:14:44 PM

Offended by birth control? Na, not many.

I am a Catholic and the official Catholic response is hardly supportive of contraception, but trust me, few Catholics follow the Church's doctrine on this one.

However, as an addendum, I (and many Catholics I know) do not consider abortion as a legitimate means of birth control.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#125 : February 11, 2011, 03:41:25 PM

I've convinced myself that many of these people are somehow offended by birth control as it helps to promote sin ie. sex out of wedlock. 

What convinced you of that?  I've seen nobody in this thread say they are offended by birth control.  I'd very much prefer people who don't want kids to use birth control.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#126 : February 11, 2011, 04:06:21 PM

I've convinced myself that many of these people are somehow offended by birth control as it helps to promote sin ie. sex out of wedlock. 

What convinced you of that?  I've seen nobody in this thread say they are offended by birth control.  I'd very much prefer people who don't want kids to use birth control.

My life experiences convinced me of that.  I'm willing to admit that its sometimes difficult to determine where my prejudice ends and logic begins, but clearly there are some Pro lifers who'd support expanding efforts to educate the public about contraception and safe sex,  Which does seem to be the most logical approach to ending abortion. 

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#127 : February 11, 2011, 05:01:02 PM

I assumed you were assuming because its generaly assumed that when you quote someone you are assuming responsibility to the assummed by the assumee...I assume.

If you consider abstinence as birth control then the numbers of anti-abortion people not approving of birth control would be neglible. If you are talking about birth control other then abstinence then I think the real objection is the method of distribution to minors. The problem is this, kids don't want to reveal to parents that they are sexually desirous for obvious reasons, they're kids. Many parents are equally uneasy with approaching the subject, so just like in Egypt, a communication vacuum exists where there is the possiblity that uninvited or undesirable elements could find their way in.

What's the solution, free food. If you offer free meals to parents that take their kids to the local Applees for a frank talk about birth control and sexual behavior moderated by the server as a part of their steps to service then I think we could whip this problem.

Step 1. Greeting within 1 minute. "hello, welcome to Applebees, can I get you something to drink or a box of condom appetizer.

Step 2. Open check, number of persons, number of sexually inquizative children

Step 3. Deliver drinks and Trojans, review daily specials and proper method of use, take dinner order and upsell additional methods of birth control and how to handle peer pressure.

Step 4. Deliver food and refill drinks, prebus inflated condoms or tie to chair back

Step 5. Check back making sure all food is prepared properly and demostrate the proper dispensing of birth control pills emphasising the effects on the menstual period.

Step 6. Prebus and suggest desserts and Novarings, coffee or after dinner drinks or religious implications

Step 7. Present check with 50% discount for promo and coupons to local drug store for additional products.

Step 8. Thank the customer and inform them of Applebees First time post-virginal happy hour parties.   

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#128 : February 11, 2011, 06:47:48 PM

My life experiences convinced me of that. 
Expand your horizons, meet new people. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#129 : February 12, 2011, 06:54:07 PM

Why do anti abortion types seem to lean sooo heavily on adoption when the better answer, oral sex is staring you right in the face. 

I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#130 : February 12, 2011, 08:20:31 PM

Why do anti abortion types seem to lean sooo heavily on adoption when the better answer, oral sex is staring you right in the face. 

If one does it himself - unless he is a contortionist, I don't think it is called oral sex...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#131 : February 14, 2011, 11:39:23 PM

If one does it himself - unless he is a contortionist, I don't think it is called oral sex...

Maybe one who actually engages in this can clear the semantics up .......... Mindy?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#132 : February 15, 2011, 08:40:36 PM

And here I thought you were going to shed light on the issue, you know light it up, illuminate the problem...

Too heavy on the hints CK?

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Planned Parenthood exposed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools