Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Planned Parenthood exposed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 05, 2011, 12:11:28 AM

Murder is a legal term.

You're going in circles here, Chief.

Pro-Life people are against the killing of innocent people of any kind.  Which brings us back to your ignorant original argument.  They aren't anti-woman's-choice or pro-government-interference-of-woman's-choice, they are Pro-Life and view abortion as murder.  Whereas Pro-Choice people don't view the unborn baby as a life, but a subset of the woman.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 05, 2011, 12:12:51 AM

That's the core of the abortion argument.. pro-choicers do not consider the fetus to be alive while pro-lifers do consider the fetus alive. In other words if the fetus is alive the woman has a "right" to choose. If the fetus is alive, the woman doesnt have a right to destroy the life.

But abortion really is not the issue here. Planned Parenthood is advising pimps and minors on how to break the law. Think about it, if you have a daughter and she's 13 and got pregnant by some older man, wouldnt you think as the parent have a right to know what's going on? Well Planned Parenthood would rather give your daughter an abortion and advise her what to say and do so that you dont have to be informed. How can ANY parent (pro-life or pro-choice) not be upset at that?

You clearly don't understand the flawed thinking of liberals.  It's kill the baby regardless of the circumstance and the parents have no right to know.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 05, 2011, 12:33:26 AM

Murder is a legal term.

You're going in circles here, Chief.

Pro-Life people are against the killing of innocent people of any kind.  Which brings us back to your ignorant original argument.  They aren't anti-woman's-choice or pro-government-interference-of-woman's-choice, they are Pro-Life and view abortion as murder.  Whereas Pro-Choice people don't view the unborn baby as a life, but a subset of the woman.

I told you before "Murder" is a legal term and as such a judicial issue. What do you want from me? Horse...water...drink. I thought your ilk had already taken this issue to court and lost. Stop crying.

You seem to have an unusual right to ownership of women's birth sacks.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 05, 2011, 01:37:03 AM

Planned parenthood does some good things.  I'll avoid the abortion issue and just mention the birth control and counceling.  Maybe you don't want them counceling your kids but then maybe you should do a better job of talking about sex with them.  I know more than one pro lifer who'd lock her daugther in a closet for a year if she caught her with a condom.  Durango is right about the disconnect with many of you.  I'd prefer my daughter not have sex till she's 30 and married but she's damned well gonna know that should she decide to do it she sure as hell better be safe. 

I believe it's you pro lifers whos kids end up at planned parenthood in the first place.  You create the problem with your own intolerence and fear then **CENSORED** and moan about the people trying to do something about your poor, scared daughters health and well being.  I think abortion is horrible and disgusting but the biggest reason it happens so often in this country is not because of liberal minded people pushing it on people, its because of ultra conservative parents vilifying sex and birth control in the first place.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 05, 2011, 02:00:59 AM

Planned parenthood does some good things.  I'll avoid the abortion issue and just mention the birth control and counceling.  Maybe you don't want them counceling your kids but then maybe you should do a better job of talking about sex with them.  I know more than one pro lifer who'd lock her daugther in a closet for a year if she caught her with a condom.  Durango is right about the disconnect with many of you.  I'd prefer my daughter not have sex till she's 30 and married but she's damned well gonna know that should she decide to do it she sure as hell better be safe. 

I believe it's you pro lifers whos kids end up at planned parenthood in the first place.  You create the problem with your own intolerence and fear then **CENSORED** and moan about the people trying to do something about your poor, scared daughters health and well being.  I think abortion is horrible and disgusting but the biggest reason it happens so often in this country is not because of liberal minded people pushing it on people, its because of ultra conservative parents vilifying sex and birth control in the first place.

TeddyBear, you have said many truly ignorant things but this is your winner.  You, sir, are an idiot.  My parents are pro-life.  My wife's parents are pro-life.  She was very young when she got pregnant but both sets of parents explained our choices to us and we (thank God) decided to have our kids.  I can't imagine looking into my daughter's eyes and wishing I would have killed her before birth.  God bless you.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 05, 2011, 02:27:14 AM

Greenbean, I can't imagine anyone looking into their daughters eyes and wishing they'd killed them.  Thats just about as dumb of a comment as I've ever heard anyone make. 

If you're a good parent and don't scare her to death I'm sure she won't end up there. 

Now who do you think uses that place?  It's either kids with ultra religeous, fearful parents who won't discuss the subject, kids with very bad parents, (I'm talking drug addicts and criminals), or women who are prostitutes and drug addicts themselves.  What the hell do you want them to do?  Maybe we send them over to your house so you can raise the kids as your own or you can just lecture them about abstenance and being reborn in jesus? 

Like I said, I hate abortion.  how about we get some birth control for these people, give the prostitutes a bunch of condoms and hope for the best unless you have something better than.  "Stop Having sex ye sinners!!!"

God Bless you too.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 05, 2011, 02:35:30 AM

Greenbean, I can't imagine anyone looking into their daughters eyes and wishing they'd killed them.  Thats just about as dumb of a comment as I've ever heard anyone make. 

If you're a good parent and don't scare her to death I'm sure she won't end up there. 

Now who do you think uses that place?  It's either kids with ultra religeous, fearful parents who won't discuss the subject, kids with very bad parents, (I'm talking drug addicts and criminals), or women who are prostitutes and drug addicts themselves.  What the hell do you want them to do?  Maybe we send them over to your house so you can raise the kids as your own or you can just lecture them about abstenance and being reborn in jesus? 

Like I said, I hate abortion.  how about we get some birth control for these people, give the prostitutes a bunch of condoms and hope for the best unless you have something better than.  "Stop Having sex ye sinners!!!"

God Bless you too.

Firstly, I do mean it when I say God bless you.  That is not sarcastic.  And if you are sarcastic about it, I don't care.

You want these people to have all of these things - fine.  Pay for them.  Because I don't want to and I am sick of you bleeding hearts telling the rest of us how much of our cash you want to take to give to the weak.  Ever heard of survival of the fittest?  You want them to have these things?  You pay for it. 

jbear

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 05, 2011, 02:51:54 AM

God Bless you too.

Firstly, I do mean it when I say God bless you.  That is not sarcastic.  And if you are sarcastic about it, I don't care.

You want these people to have all of these things - fine.  Pay for them.  Because I don't want to and I am sick of you bleeding hearts telling the rest of us how much of our cash you want to take to give to the weak.  Ever heard of survival of the fittest?  You want them to have these things?  You pay for it.

But Durnago was 100% correct when he said many conservatives contridict themselves on this one issue.  As you've mentioned countless times, you don't want to pay for anyone else to eat, get healthcare, housing... whatever, fine, I can respect that opinion.  Where I'm confused is that I'm wondering, considering your comments here, do you agree to pay for the children that would be born to these women?  Surely you're a compassionate christian.  Is this the one case that you agree to help pay for someone else?  After all, its' not a childs fault if they are born into a world where their mother is a prostitute or otherwise not equiped to provide and care for them.  Especially since its you and those like you who'd like to be sure they don't get aborted before they get born, wouldn't you feel a small sense of responsibility?

Short of fixing the world, which nobody has been able to do yet, how can you reconcile these two completely opposite ideas?  Seems to be a bit of a contridiction to be against abortion and planned parenthood and also against wellfare of any sort.  Can you explain this please?
: February 05, 2011, 03:01:08 AM jbear

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : February 05, 2011, 07:00:22 AM

Even police departments have officers that don't follow policy. Doesn't mean that all officers/departments are worthless.
Let me know of a police department that uses it operation to hurt kids

Raw Video - Houston Police Beating Teen Burglary Suspect

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 05, 2011, 07:28:57 AM

Before even thinking about viewing about trying to explain this - you do know the difference between the terms incident and policy or philosophy - don't you morgan?  Because if you look at the policy/philosophical thread you start to see the Acorn crap all over again. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#25 : February 05, 2011, 09:02:26 AM

You know very well that Planned Parenthood doesn't support prostitution.

And what does ACORN have to do with Planned Parenthood except they're both organizations that the rightwingers despise?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 05, 2011, 09:24:11 AM

You know very well that Planned Parenthood doesn't support prostitution.

And what does ACORN have to do with Planned Parenthood except they're both organizations that the rightwingers despise?
Because both were involved in the philosophical issue - enabling prostitution with kids - you a big believer in coincidences?  Now you have a choice - either both are Amoral - or both are simply willing to permit/participate in criminal activity in their organizations through their overall "helping people" cover.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 05, 2011, 09:48:21 AM

The pro-choice side always says this crap is a medical decision right? Well there is NO medical procedure that can take place w/o parential consent but abortion. There is no prescription drug you can get without parental consent but birth control pills. Neither are stone cold safe, hell my child couldn't get something as lightweight as a tattoo w/o my permission but something as invasive and, yes, dangerous as an abortion...go to town. Sorry, that's not right.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 05, 2011, 09:49:25 AM

Here one outcome of the overall issue Morgan - Doctors and nurses losing their way

Legal, ugly & unsafe
The new abortion scandals
Last Updated: 4:51 AM, February 5, 2011
Posted: 10:20 PM, February 4, 2011
Rich Lowry
If the famous pro-choice lit any is "safe, legal and rare," the logical endpoint of a culture of abortion on demand is none of the above.
Legal abortion was supposed to end "back-alley abortions." But the practice and the mores of the back alley are with us still, tolerated by people for whom the ready provision of abortion trumps all else.
Pro-choicers have long invoked the dignity of women. The nightmarish case of the Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell and the sting video of a counselor at a Planned Parenthood clinic cooperating with a supposed pimp show the dignity of women is decidedly secondary.

The Gosnell case's 261-page grand-jury report could have been written by Stephen King. Gosnell's gruesome operation was, on its own terms, efficient. During the day, his assistants administered labor-inducing drugs to pregnant women, overwhelmingly poor minorities. Then the good doctor showed up in the evening.
On some women, he performed traditional abortions, occasionally butchering them in the process. Other women had delivered babies before he arrived. Here, he performed post-birth "abortions" -- cutting the spinal cords of the newborns with scissors. Their tiny bodies were disposed of with all the care you'd expect: Some were reportedly stored in paper bags in the employees' refrigerator.
Gosnell specialized in late-term abortions that were technically illegal in Pennsylvania. The grand-jury report recounts a case of a 17-
year-old girl who was almost 30 weeks (7 months) pregnant. After her 6-pound child was born, Gosnell killed it and disposed of the body in a shoe box.
Any profession has it miscreants. Gosnell's other criminal enterprise was liberally prescribing painkillers. Does that discredit all doctors? The difference is that no powerful lobby is devoted on principle to enabling dubious prescriptions.
In a powerful piece for Politics Daily, Melinda Henneberger notes how abortion-rights activists fight proposed regulations of abortion clinics as "TRAP laws" -- Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers, or just another dirty trick to erode abortion rights.
When the pro-choice Republican Tom Ridge replaced the pro-life Democrat Robert Casey as Pennsylvania governor in the 1990s, regulation of abortion basically stopped. The Department of Health ceased inspections of clinics and ignored complaints and warnings about Gosnell.
An evaluator from the National Abortion Federation was horrified by his filthy facility, but didn't report him. The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania kept mum while it repeatedly treated women who'd been injured by Gosnell.
No one wanted to interfere for fear of chilling the right to choose. The grand-jury report says no one acted "because the women in question were poor and of color, because the victims were infants without identities, and because the subject was the political football of abortion."
In all his awfulness, Gosnell clarifies the moral questions surrounding abortion. He used all the right euphemisms. His clinic was the "Women's Medical Society." What he did to newborns was "snipping," in the cause of "ensuring fetal demise."
In Gosnell's case, the frank pejorative "baby killer" is inarguably apt; he's charged with murder. But if that's so, what about other abortions? If Gosnell was wrong to deliver 24-week-old babies and kill them, why is it acceptable to destroy a 24-week fetus in the womb? If ending a life is wrong at 30 weeks, why not at 20, or 15, or 10?
Compared to Gosnell, the Planned Parenthood employee caught on tape instructing a man posing as a pimp how his underage prostitutes could use her clinic is a saint. Her superiors swiftly fired her on grounds that she violated the organization's "core values." But no one should be surprised that someone in her line of work doesn't have the conscience of William Wilberforce, especially when it comes to matters of sexual morality.
All the talk of dignity is nice. At bottom, though, ensuring and facilitating fetal demise is a lowdown, morally corrupting business.
comments.lowry@ nationalreview.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/legal_ugly_unsafe_igmHR7AIndw0LBZjeBTSqO#ixzz1D615RGAO

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 05, 2011, 09:54:38 AM

No, actually abortions tend to not fall on high minded religious types. A shockingly high % of abortions, IIRC 40+%, are given to repeat offenders who apparently didn't learn their lesson the last time despite the counseling that occurs around abortions by PP. Abortion rates in places like NYC/NJ with "strong" sex education programs are not better than places that don't have "strong" programs like TX or LA so lack of information tends to not matter.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Planned Parenthood exposed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools