Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will Panthers tag? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 04, 2011, 05:37:32 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=nfl
DeAngelo Williams-RB- Panthers   Feb. 4 - 5:31 pm et

A league source tells the Gaston Gazette that the Panthers remain undecided about which of their free agents to franchise tag.
Candidates include RB DeAngelo Williams, C Ryan Kalil, and DE Charles Johnson. Johnson was the Panthers' sack leader in 2010, while Kalil would be the cheapest to keep. Considering owner Jerry Richardson's frugality, it seems Kalil might be the best bet. The Panthers could use the transition tag on one of the remaining two free agents. Johnson would cost the most money.
Source: Gaston Gazette
Related: Ryan Kalil, Charles Johnson

If Johnson hits the market we should be all over that

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 04, 2011, 05:42:46 PM

Agreed. But any of the three would help us. Johnson would be my first choice, but I'm not exactly gonna cry if we get DeAngelo.

In Verner We Trust

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 04, 2011, 06:55:19 PM

Aren't Kalil's flaws the same as Faines?

I'd love Johnson.

Williams won't be a buccaneer.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 04, 2011, 08:59:10 PM

Aren't Kalil's flaws the same as Faines?

Not that I'm aware of.  He's a much better player, in both the run and pass game,  Also, Kalil hasn't might a start since November of 2008.

jeanclaud

Starter

#4 : February 04, 2011, 09:26:43 PM

I doubt Kalil or Johnson leave the panthers. If they can't tag and trade Deangelo they'll probably just let him go. Tag Johnson and resign Kalil.

That said I wouldn't mind Johnson if he makes it to FA

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 04, 2011, 09:49:50 PM

From what I read Kalil had a down year for the Panthers and has been inconsistent throughout his entire career.

Was good at getting to the second level but often gets destroyed at the point of attack.

Tried to put on some weight this year to hold up better at the nose but apparently appeared sluggish and fans are calling for him to cut the weight this offseason.

Also heard he struggled with his snaps (a.l.a. zuttah)

But still, as you said he stays healthy, is young, and seems intelligent.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 05, 2011, 01:52:55 AM

The owner is cheaper than the Glazers are.

BUT, they just hired a very defensive minded coach, so Johnson being the stud he is might not make it...I am sure a lot of hemming and hawing will occur in that argument, but I think if the Panthers organizational management knows what is good for them, they will keep Johnson at any cost they can.  I hope they don't...would LOVE to see this kid as a Buc, and relatively quickly...

If only we knew they would land Johnson, the Bucs could go after Gabe.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 05, 2011, 02:20:13 AM

I'll gladly take either DeAngelo Williams or Charles Johnson.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 05, 2011, 02:56:00 AM

CBS Sportsline just reported that they'll tag Williams.

In Verner We Trust

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 05, 2011, 10:05:53 AM

time to make an all out run at Johnson.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 05, 2011, 12:19:20 PM

Panthers have Greg Hardy and they could fall in love with Bowers at the combine so it makes a little sense for them. Hopefully they let him walk because Charles Johnson would be perfect and then combine him with Houston? Defensive line would be nasty.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 05, 2011, 01:11:03 PM

So if the Bucs somehow landed Johnson, would it be prudent for them to go after Gabe Carimi?

That would be awesome, IMO.

thanson

Starter

#12 : February 06, 2011, 10:32:24 AM

I think they tag williams

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 06, 2011, 02:30:48 PM

BOID.....if we go Houston in the 1st where do we take Carimi......2nd or 3rd.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 06, 2011, 02:53:42 PM

I think they tag williams
Why? They have Mike Goodson who played well down the stretch and is a similar type of back. Shifty quick with good hands out the backfield and he's going to be MUCH cheaper. I think they cut ties with Williams and I'd love for the Bucs to sign him.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will Panthers tag? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools