Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will Panthers tag? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 06, 2011, 03:19:18 PM

I hope they tag Williams and we do WHATEVER is neccessary to sign Charles Johnson.

If we DID sign Johnson, we may very well go oline in the first round.

Another possibility: I understand Carl Nicks is going to be a free agent.  If so, we may also go after him.  Some think he is the best guard in the NFL and it would further injure a division rival.

.....just my opinion

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 07, 2011, 08:56:06 AM

bucjoe couldn't agree with you more......unless Houston is all that we need as a pass rusher......if not ...yes get the best OLMAN.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 07, 2011, 09:09:08 AM

Wow, imagine adding Charles Johnson, then drafting Carimi. Then add a Mason Foster in the second round and more DE and Oline help later. Exciting!

In Verner We Trust

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 07, 2011, 09:25:24 AM

I hope they tag Williams and we do WHATEVER is neccessary to sign Charles Johnson.

I think Williams would be the most likely they let leave. They already have a quality replacement for him on the roster and running backs have short lives compared to linemen.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 07, 2011, 11:29:11 AM

If they were smart, they'd let Williams walk. 

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 07, 2011, 10:16:06 PM

I think Williams would be the most likely they let leave. They already have a quality replacement for him on the roster and running backs have short lives compared to linemen.

I agree, that's why I said I HOPE they tag Williams.

I WILL say that another poster said that the NC papers carried a story that said the Panthers were going to tag Williams.

.....just my opinion

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 08, 2011, 08:49:43 AM

With all the DES in the draft they just may tag the rb ......lets hope...they have Nix,Johnson and Williams....and can only tag 1......if not the DE then grab Nix.
: February 08, 2011, 08:52:00 AM 4bucs
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will Panthers tag? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools