Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thank you Bill O'Reilly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

FreeWill

Starter

#30 : February 07, 2011, 02:49:20 PM

Sorry, I think I'm missing your point. Do you mind explaining?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : February 07, 2011, 02:52:08 PM

You two are fairly new, so let me fill you in. Most of this stuff has already been hashed out here quite a bit, and these are ideas that we are all familiar with. Very few here are going to waste their time watching your videos. If you are unable to summarize your ideas and present them in your own voice, then you look like a parrot just regurgitating the same crap over again.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

FreeWill

Starter

#32 : February 07, 2011, 02:56:12 PM

funny how O'reilly makes a great case but arrogant pompous agnostics & atheists  want to answer questions with more questions. Well if you follow that logic ....SOMEONE HAD TO BEGIN IT ALL by a method of HIS choosing..

If you say a meteor crashing into the earth caused the formation of the moon ~ then what caused the meteor to be? What caused the meteor to have motion? What caused those forces that caused the motion to come to be?
Follow this analysis backwards retracing your steps to the infinitesimal denseness of matter & possible beginning of it all....who put that there? If a chemical reaction caused it to BIG BANG...who started the chemical reaction?

Although most atheists are extremely intelligent people they refuse to follow their own logic to answer their own questions for fear of getting an answer that doesn't fit their agenda.

Let me first be very clear that I am not an athiest. I am agnostic, in that I do believe in a "creator" but I do not believe in religion at all. And it's funny because I was actual born and raised as a christian, I had a baptism, went through communion and confirmation. But then I grew up, and stopped believing in "God" much like I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I found out later that both my parents were agnostic as well, so I was kinda pissed but oh well.

"Although most atheists are extremely intelligent people they refuse to follow their own logic to answer their own questions for fear of getting an answer that doesn't fit their agenda."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 WOW!!!! The irony in that statement is BEYOND COMPREHENSION!                !!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE had to begin it all? That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. It is not a SOMEONE it is a SOMETHING. And HIS choosing? I would like to know how you are so sure if it is someone sitting up in the clouds who made the universe, that it's a HE. That's just so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin. And if "God" created the universe, then what created "God"? The point that athiests and agnostics make is that NO ONE KNOWS how the universe was created. To all the religious people out there who claim they KNOW how it was created, I promise you YOU DON'T. Because you do not possess special brain powers that I don't. Religion claims that they know the answer, and much like the media deceives us, religion deceives us as well.

Having faith in religion means making a virtue out of not thinking. If "God" created us, and gave us these sophisticated brains, don't you think he gave them to us for a reason? To use them maybe? Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who dont have all the answers, to think that they DO. The only appropriate attitude for man to have about big questions like who created the big bang for instance, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Because doubt is humble, and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting things dead wrong. (The earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth etc.)

You're the arrogant one buddy. Claiming that you know how the universe was created when you have absolutely no clue. I'll leave you with a question. and really think about this one. Picture yourself right now living in Pakistan. You were born in Pakistan. Your mother and father were also born and raised in Pakistan. Would you believe in Jesus Christ? No, you would believe in Mohammed. To do otherwise would be blasphemy. You see, the fact that there are SO MANY religions, each claiming to be the one "true" religion, proves that it is more a collective neurosis than a metaphysical observation.

I'd also like to add that I think the Bible has a lot of great philosophies and teachings. The ten commandments for instance, except for the first four. As well as the teachings of Jesus Christ. I think every person on Earth should live the way Jesus said. But some people interpret the Bible WAY TO SERIOUSLY.

Those are my beliefs Illuminator. The point of the video I posted is that the story of Jesus is misinterpretted. The "son of god" or "jesus" is actually referring to the "SUN." Which is why I said people interpret the bible too literally.
: February 07, 2011, 03:01:57 PM miker1010

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#33 : February 07, 2011, 05:00:47 PM

im not new - its Thomas, hi pal!  Anyway my video response shows you exactly how I feel about Zietgeist and the Bible. watch it - u might like it.
The SUN of God theory doesnt wash with me. We have more evidence of Jesus Christ the son of God than many historical figures. The mountains of sound historical, archaeological, and empirical data gives my faith a solid foundation on which to rebuff your poor attempts to sabotage it with ZEITGIEST...I have seen it - and it is rotten. I know the truth and I am free.

FreeWill

Starter

#34 : February 07, 2011, 05:06:54 PM

We have more evidence of Jesus Christ the son of God than many historical figures.

Really? Give me ONE.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 07, 2011, 05:53:39 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,473705.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,572449.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,830188.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,853875.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1073454.0.html

Unless you've got something new to add...
: February 07, 2011, 05:55:26 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 07, 2011, 05:55:10 PM

Those are my beliefs Illuminator. The point of the video I posted is that the story of Jesus is misinterpretted. The "son of god" or "jesus" is actually referring to the "SUN." Which is why I said people interpret the bible too literally.

You should talk to Ufojoe; he has a lot of ideas on this subject

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#37 : February 07, 2011, 06:09:36 PM

He has changed his pagan views.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 07, 2011, 08:59:19 PM

"There is no astronomical reason why the moon and the sun should fit so well. It is the sheerest of coincidences, and only the Earth among all the planets is blessed in this fashion."

~Isaac Asimov

I'm a huge Asimov fan and enjoyed both the quotes but for starters... Asimov died in the late 80's I believe.  Also, this quote seems very reminicent of the begining lines of one of his books although I can't place it.  (He's a Science FICTION author should anyone be confused)  Also, as the next poster pointed out, he claimed to be an atheist at certain points in his life.  He also wrote about life on earth being so diverse because of radiation...  this was in his "Foundation" series, I believe writen mostly in the 1960's and 70's.  In this series he told a tale of humans spreading throughout the galaxy without finding traces of any other planet with inteligent life.  The reason he said was because earth was the only planet with radiation.?.? 

Lets not try to mislead people here ufojoe.  Asimov said a lot of crazy **CENSORED**.  Hitting on the few things he did made him a legend of Science fiction but quoteing him out of context is hardly going to prove the existence of god.

I am about 97.694% sure that ufoJoe was NOT quoting Azimov to prove the existence of God.

Pretty sure he was quoting a known Atheist to be ironic.

ps: the quote was from an interview in which Azimov was disproving that the moon was "captured" by the Earth's gravity. The full quote was "Its too big to have been captured by the Earth. The chances of such a capture having been effected and the moon then having taken up nearly circular orbit around our Earth are too small to make such an eventuality credible.There is no astronomical reason why the moon and the sun should fit so well. It is the sheerest of coincidences, and only the Earth among all the planets is blessed in this fashion.
: February 07, 2011, 09:12:06 PM John Galt?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 07, 2011, 09:13:36 PM

Gravity is a pretty foreign concept to some people.

It is NOT a concept...IT IS THE LAW

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 07, 2011, 09:26:11 PM

There's a hole in your gravity theory.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#41 : February 07, 2011, 10:08:58 PM

There's a hole in your gravity theory.

You new guys don't listen to a word Illuminutjob says.  Firstly, he has admitted to being mentally unstable.  He also live more than 90 miles from the closest Wal-Mart.  And he is a union member.  Enough said about this sick turd.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 08, 2011, 06:09:32 AM

a bullet fired from a gun (if left unhindered) and one dropped from the hand will reach the ground at the same time.
interesting fact of the day....

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#43 : February 08, 2011, 06:31:13 AM

Freewill, to answer your question just watch the video I posted. It addresses Zeitgiest and other concerns. However, if you want to get even more in depth information pertaining to the validity of biblical integrity and why I have a rock solid foundation of faith so as to believe things the Bible states which are supernatural, fantastical, absurd, unbelievable, and all together ridiculous I can email it you. The posters on this board have seen it many times and I wont take up 3 pages of posts to present it all again.

If the Bible is true ~ then you must believe it all, and the answers are there, although some are hidden from the less industrious. They must be sought out and through deep meditation and comparison to other scriptures the answers come into focus.

Jehovah is searching the entire earth to find any man that may be seeking his face in truth and sincerity of heart.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 08, 2011, 07:29:03 AM

Gravity is a pretty foreign concept to some people.

It is NOT a concept...IT IS THE LAW

Has it been ratified by the EPA?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thank you Bill O'Reilly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools