Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: AP names Sam Bradford offensive rookie of the year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

: February 04, 2011, 07:38:03 PM

I guess it was inevitable for the QB to win it.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 04, 2011, 07:53:48 PM

That is complete **CENSORED**ing bull**CENSORED**!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 04, 2011, 07:55:41 PM

Mike Williams got 4 votes, Pouncey 2, Blount..... ZERO.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 04, 2011, 08:38:18 PM

There's no doubt his play, with almost no help at WR, made the Lambs  contender even in that crappy division. Can't argue the pick at all.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 04, 2011, 08:48:31 PM

There's no doubt his play, with almost no help at WR, made the Lambs  contender even in that crappy division. Can't argue the pick at all.

not happy about it, but I agree

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 04, 2011, 08:57:08 PM

Knew it was a long shot, but figured Blount would get at least SOME votes. That's just wrong. Didn't crack the starting lineup for how many weeks? 3 or 4? And still got 1,000 yards and some highlight splash plays? Like others have said, the QB position is gonna get all the run.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 04, 2011, 09:01:33 PM

Dalbuc, your assessment is shortsighted and erroneous. In fact, it was the improvement of the St. Louis defense more than the offense that had to do with St. Louis' six-game improvement. Look at Bradford's YPA (5.9). He was at the very bottom of the league, 31st. Furthermore, his QB rating was 25th, hardly impressive. Competition? The worst division in the NFL and second-worst since the merger. Three wins vs. NFC West and one vs. Carolina.
My voting would have gone: 1. Pouncey, 2. MW, 3. Blount, 4. Bradford. Anyone who can't outplay Charlie Whitehurst with a division on the line is hardly impressive.

In Verner We Trust

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 04, 2011, 09:16:13 PM

Dalbuc, your assessment is shortsighted and erroneous. In fact, it was the improvement of the St. Louis defense more than the offense that had to do with St. Louis' six-game improvement. Look at Bradford's YPA (5.9). He was at the very bottom of the league, 31st. Furthermore, his QB rating was 25th, hardly impressive. Competition? The worst division in the NFL and second-worst since the merger. Three wins vs. NFC West and one vs. Carolina.
My voting would have gone: 1. Pouncey, 2. MW, 3. Blount, 4. Bradford. Anyone who can't outplay Charlie Whitehurst with a division on the line is hardly impressive.

No, it isn't. You have badly misunderstood "Rookie of the Year".

His QBR of 76 was 10-20 points higher than most rookies and 12 points higher than the Lambs combined QB's from the prior year so to say it was about the defense is errant even thought the D did get better one reason was that the Lambs were moving the ball more often. You are comparing him vs veteran QB's not vs what rookies can do and as we all saw with Freeman even good players can be not so good as a rookie.  He was good as a rookie.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 04, 2011, 09:21:56 PM

Pouncey at #1?  That's ridiculous.  I like Pouncey, but his play has been greatly exaggerated.  He's been very good for a rookie, but not this phenomenal player that the media has made him out to be.

Anyway, any rookie QB who wins more games for his team than they have in the last three seasons combined while throwing for 60% and over 3,500 yards is going to win the ROY.  Quit being homers, for god's sake.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 04, 2011, 09:50:58 PM

Yawn

How could anyone be surprised?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 04, 2011, 10:04:52 PM

Blount didnt even get a vote....damn

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#11 : February 04, 2011, 10:05:53 PM

Landslide vote again...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 04, 2011, 10:54:51 PM

Blount didnt even get a vote....damn

Yeah, people should be more upset about that than Bradford winning it.  Blount deserved a few votes, moreso than Pouncey IMO.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 04, 2011, 10:57:41 PM

why does he deserve 1 vote if no voter felt he was the best rookie?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 04, 2011, 11:00:26 PM

Yeah, this isn't like MVP where there's first/second/third.  It would've been realllly hard to argue that Blount was the best rookie.  I certainly couldn't make that argument.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: AP names Sam Bradford offensive rookie of the year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools